New Hampshire > Ice Fishing New Hampshire

Catching your own bait!

<< < (2/4) > >>

pipes18079:
How about jigging smelt with a hali while you wait. But then I guess your only fishing one hole in the process two devices is slow enough up there sometimes.

crawpie:

--- Quote from: troutmaster on Feb 06, 2008, 08:50 PM ---I used to catch my own bait yearround but now here in new york we need to have certified bait.
you need to carry a slip from the bait shop and if youre cought without it you get a ticket.

--- End quote ---

Are you fricken kidding me?  I am so fed up with piling on of often inane fishing rules that it seems like the fishing experience is an endangered species. When I was a kid growing up in Indiana half the fun was flipping rocks for crayfish, seining minnows out of a stream, or even collecting nightcrawlers at night after a heavy rain. Certified bait - certified BS. Sounds like the bait industry in NY had some good lobbiest pushing for that rule. 

I assume they want to stop invasive species and spreading disease, but for crying out loud where will it end?  And they wonder why fishing license sales are on the decline.

Arrghh!!!!

BTW:  If this is incorrect information, I still stand by my rant that fishing regulations have gotten out of hand.

baboosicfisherman:
i have always used dog food as well, but i seemed to catch more bony fish than i ever did bait fish.  Nothing more depressing than pulling up your minnow trap and seeing a school of small yellow perch looking back at you.

duck doctor:

--- Quote from: crawpie on Feb 06, 2008, 10:52 PM ---Are you fricken kidding me?  I am so fed up with piling on of often inane fishing rules that it seems like the fishing experience is an endangered species. When I was a kid growing up in Indiana half the fun was flipping rocks for crayfish, seining minnows out of a stream, or even collecting nightcrawlers at night after a heavy rain. Certified bait - certified BS. Sounds like the bait industry in NY had some good lobbiest pushing for that rule. 

I assume they want to stop invasive species and spreading disease, but for crying out loud where will it end?  And they wonder why fishing license sales are on the decline.

Arrghh!!!!

BTW:  If this is incorrect information, I still stand by my rant that fishing regulations have gotten out of hand.

--- End quote ---

This is correct info and soon I see it hitting NH. Vt adopted regulations similiar to NY's this year. Sadly, we are next.

rob-s:
whats next is no  bait at all.. artificial lures only.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version