New Hampshire > Ice Fishing New Hampshire

....another deer

(1/3) > >>

duck doctor:
I have never had this problem before and am wondering what I should do.  For the first time I think I need another freezer.  I use to fill my folk's freezer up every year but I own my own now. It is a 13cu ft freezer and she is just about full already.  Everything you can see in the pic is wild meat.  The racks are suasage and are sitting on steaks and roasts!  1 road kill doe and a bear.  I think I have to shoot a small deer now so I don't have to buy another freezer!

vermonner:
Yum Yum.
Ya know, there's always Hunters Helping the Harvest (or perhaps a local food shelf) if you were of a mind to make a donation to those less fortunate and in need.--Not trying to lay a guilt trip or anything, just a thought

cSpike:
You could easily fit a few more humans in there, lol.

!3ft3 isn't too bad. I think I got a 18 stand up and I usually fill it with Macs and groundfish bait for the season.

Spike

duck doctor:

--- Quote from: vermonner on Nov 07, 2007, 06:05 PM ---Yum Yum.
Ya know, there's always Hunters Helping the Harvest (or perhaps a local food shelf) if you were of a mind to make a donation to those less fortunate and in need.--Not trying to lay a guilt trip or anything, just a thought

--- End quote ---

I hate to say this but unfortunatly, I need all the meat I can stuff in there this year.  I am unemployed and have been for a month now. Money is tight so everything I can legally kill is going into the freezer.  I have contacted soup kitchens in the past. 

No guilt on my part.  I wish more people would donate meat to the hungry!

duck doctor:
Well it did not take long.  I was working on the ambulance and we got toned for a car vs. deer.  They were going to chuck it because of the two broken legs. Well I snagged this one and there appears to be nothing wrong with the meat.  This deer will go between 115 and 125. It is a 3ptr.  I hate when animals like this just get chucked because the driver does't think about the animal and the meat it can provide.  I am not bashful taking the deer.  I currently do not have a full time job. I grab the hours on the ambulance that I can.  I have an interview in Berlin in the AM and the meat from my bear and 2 road kill deer will be put to good use.  I do not want to say that I am "needy" but every dime I can save at this point will reallly help!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version