Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Tipups

quantity of line on tipups?

(1/4) > >>

BigDdoney:
how much do you guys usually put on ?i bought some new tipups at dicks sporting goods,  alot cheaper to buy version of heritage laker. i was thinking 75 to 100 feet. i like these new spools better the rod that holds the reel is bolted through the tipup, not like my heritage lakers that are press fit. i had one spool fall off last year as i pulled it out of hole.still got my pike tho.

cold_feet:
BigDdoney
If your fish Pike and the weedline ends at about 12ft, 100' should be enough. Thats if you are close enough to get to the tipup before you get spooled. If it were me I'd fill them all the way just in case.
Colod Feet

olds-Pa:
Cold feet is right on BigDdonney. Should you get a big musky on, you might get very disappointed after he makes his 2nd run. Be safe.....filler up

Barleydog:
Another vote to fill it up.  You "could" fill it up half-way and let the fish set the hook himself when he reaches the end of the line. :D :D  Some Pike seem to be bent for the opposite side of the lake and won't stop until they reach it.  Are those U.S. Line tipups you bought by chance?

Bob_D:
Big D
I put on about 100-125 yards....never even been close to being spooled.I agree 100 feet is not enough.

Did you say your Heritage Lakers were press fit???? I have quite a few and all my shafts are screwed into the frame and the spools are heald on with wing nuts. I've never had a problem with reels coming loose.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version