IceShanty Main > General Ice Fishing Chit Chat

Otter Hideout XT

(1/2) > >>

bubbagill:
So I bought a used XT Hideout last fall that I dearly love except for one thing.  The front of the skirt doesn't come down flush and lay on the ice.  I didn't assemble it, but I verified the assembly per down loaded instructions from Otter.  I covered the basics.  There's not to much fabric in the rubber attaching to the sled.  The poles still have factory stickers on them and appear to be correct.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I am kinda at a loss with this. Thanks so much for your help. 

Reinert:
Sounds like the canvas is too tight, not sure how Otter does theirs, but usually the rubber seal I screwed on that holds the material to the sled.  Take screws out and remove the runner seal. Then readjust the material so you have enough to let the front all the way down, replace the rubber seal and screws.

Baetis62:
I had similar when I assembled the xt cottage last year.  My issue was binding of the fabric. Both on the front corners around the sled and/or the pole plate (for lack of a better term). 

IceAddict87:
Had that issue with my xt650 lodge. Not sure how they fit to the tub on those, my lodge had preset seals that you couldn’t adjust. My Xover lodge and cottage don’t have that they are both the seal that allows you to adjust the canvas.

hardwater diehard:
If the  previous owner added hyfax to the sled ...after the canvass/tent was installed that could be the problem with fit. If your planning the readjustment route ..use a flat surface ..note if the hoop poles rise or fall when seated ..and when the seat is moved back front middle ...weighing the seat/tub may be needed or have someone seated in the sled ..if their are holes in the tent after readjustment use Gear Aid tape.

https://www.gearaid.com/collections/gear-repair-patches

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version