Massachusetts > Ice Fishing Massachusetts

up/down smitty sled

(1/2) > >>

Papa Sly:
My first shot at the Smitty sled with the coffee table hinges. I do need longer skis but it works great and can hold a lot of weight. Much thanks to VANHLN for the advise and videos. Now I dont have to drag a smitty sled seperate , put it together, and strap everything down!

Raquettedacker:
Looks good Sly... :thumbsup:

ICEHOLE:

--- Quote from: Papa Sly on Jul 20, 2021, 04:54 PM ---My first shot at the Smitty sled with the coffee table hinges. I do need longer skis but it works great and can hold a lot of weight. Much thanks to VANHLN for the advise and videos. Now I dont have to drag a smitty sled seperate , put it together, and strap everything down!

--- End quote ---

looks good, i had one built last year. only got out once or twice with it after it was built, broken, and rebuilt. Would like to see your sled in person Mike, so we should be sure to get on some hardwater this season together.....unfortuna tely i live 45 min north now. My usual haunts are no longer and after work special...

maddogg:
Do they lock in place when you have them extended?

vanhln:
They do not lock in place in the up position, but you wanna install the hinges so they go up and back...   Then snow or anything will deflect off the sled.  The hinges are very secure when up though.  Pull the sled from eyelets in the skis, makes it easier...  I'm putting a 4x4 inch 1/8 thick aluminum plate on inside of sled for support.  The skis can have some sideways instability without it I think...  I'm testing it (papasly might have had his out more than mine).
  Also, might want a pvc rod or metal to keep skis apart...  That will stiffen up the system even more...I'm redoing my Nanook in the next few weeks...  Could show you what I'm doing...  I also have hinges on an EVO IT1....

One more thing:. There are two styles of hinges:. Gas cylinder and springs...  I only use the springs ...  Didn't want the shocks to "gas out"...  Maybe that is a stupid thought, but...it's what I did....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version