Author Topic: Clam X200 pro thermal ice camp tent  (Read 12194 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: Clam X200 pro thermal
« Reply #30 on: Dec 07, 2018, 08:46 AM »
Iceshanty militia flag, top right hand corner of the page click on proshop they can be purchased with a militia membership or you can purchase just the iceshanty.com flags. The militia flags are definitely the best looking ones in my book
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #31 on: Dec 16, 2020, 08:58 AM »
Got a couple videos put together on how I prep this for the season and the 1st set up for ice camping. 1st ones a bit long but there was a few things to cover. 2nd way shorter and shot at Henry's lake Idaho. Enjoy  :thumbsup:

Also added a shelf and a couple nets today

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #32 on: Jan 11, 2021, 03:37 PM »
Shot another clip of the set up while fishing. Enjoy

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Rowdie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Old Wrestling Coach
« Reply #33 on: Feb 05, 2021, 10:32 PM »
This may be how I modify my flip over if I ever do.   I would be MUCH more comfortable with a deck like that.   Dog would love too.  How much wider will your side pieces be when you redo it.  And where did you get the seat mount brackets?
"Once you've wrestled, everything else in life is easy"  Dan Gable

Offline Rowdie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Old Wrestling Coach
« Reply #34 on: Feb 05, 2021, 10:37 PM »
This I such a good idea I'm wondering why they don't come like this.
"Once you've wrestled, everything else in life is easy"  Dan Gable

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #35 on: Feb 11, 2021, 08:09 AM »
This may be how I modify my flip over if I ever do.   I would be MUCH more comfortable with a deck like that.   Dog would love too.  How much wider will your side pieces be when you redo it.  And where did you get the seat mount brackets?

This I such a good idea I'm wondering why they don't come like this.

Thanks Rowdie, It would be great if they did come atleast partially set up with the top deck maybe like a few different configuration options. My sides will be atleast 12-15in wide when I redo them. The seat set ups are just some old boat stuff I had laying around. It can all be searched on amazon or what ever online places you like to look at. Just search boat seat mounts. Only draw back is you really have to watch that post in the tub so you dont crush nothing important. I put soft things in that area like my sleeping bag, shoes, ect...There's other videos of some of the set ups the guys I fish with have on my youtube channel. They get a little fancier than I do with multiple doors for access to the tub. I just prefer one big door. Maximize all the tub for gear when needed with nothing in they way.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline EricK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Oct 31, 2021, 10:50 AM »
Have you considered using a track seat attachment across the front of instead of having the seats with posts? My old boat had seat set ups like that.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/wise-8wd70-15-boat-seat-base-sure-mount-15-slide-bracket-kit?a=1582274&szc=000&clrc=000&pm2d=CSE-SPG-15-PLA&utm_medium=PLA&utm_source=Google&utm_campaign=CI&gclid=e572f8f3440212ec4ff4998dfdc1aa25&gclsrc=3p.ds&msclkid=e572f8f3440212ec4ff4998dfdc1aa25

Just another idea. I like the set up and may try something like that in my 2 man.

Eric

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #37 on: Nov 03, 2021, 09:36 PM »
Have you considered using a track seat attachment across the front of instead of having the seats with posts? My old boat had seat set ups like that.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/wise-8wd70-15-boat-seat-base-sure-mount-15-slide-bracket-kit?a=1582274&szc=000&clrc=000&pm2d=CSE-SPG-15-PLA&utm_medium=PLA&utm_source=Google&utm_campaign=CI&gclid=e572f8f3440212ec4ff4998dfdc1aa25&gclsrc=3p.ds&msclkid=e572f8f3440212ec4ff4998dfdc1aa25

Just another idea. I like the set up and may try something like that in my 2 man.

Eric

I have looked into those and my buddy that camps with us has them. Being a pretty big boy I'm almost positive I would come in a little to hot and break them. Lately I have been using my directors chair in there so I haven't been taking the seats
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #38 on: Nov 02, 2023, 07:35 AM »
Well after having quite a few good years camping in this tent it was time for an upgrade. Ever since the release of the 4 door skins I have really been wanting it. After throwing around the idea of buying a whole new flip and looking close at all my buddies I was almost set on the frabil predator. Love the flat front wall but After pulling my buddies around on the last camp trip last season I had to rethink. Way to much slope on the front of that tub and the weird slope on top also. It was like pulling a plow around in the soft snow. Otters are a little out of my price range although I was on the fence with the pro resort but again not to happy with the slope on the tub on top for this one. So.... just a simple upgrade to my skin and keep the X200. I purchased the pro skin from a couple years ago with the 4 doors I've been drooling over since they came out. Built a new deck, scaling down the door allowing easier access to the tub. Put in a double hinge to use the door in full up mode for unpacking and packing up while only being to do the half for while my bed roll is set up or all the tent material is down around the outside. One big mistake I made building the 1st deck. I couldn't get in the tub as all the skin material was in the way when not set up. I also got rid of all power connections as having my power source in a cold tub all weekend is not good. Boat seat mounts got ditched also. The pins underneath could really mess some stuff up if you weren't paying attention when packing gear in there. Never really used them anyways as the seats were not comfy for my liking. I prefer to sit on a director type chair but always have to sit off the deck in my fishable area.  I did find something close to it with the CGI stadium seat and can now free up some of that area for fishing.  Well enough chat here the pics to the point that I'm at.

Still have things to do with the wet snow/ rain fly/ heat retention top and a few other things. All in all I'm very happy with going this route and it only cost me about half the $ or more of the cost from starting fresh. Gotta love prepping for the upcoming season  :thumbsup:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Nov 02, 2023, 07:57 AM »
Wow, that's a nice set up. Where did you get the fan?

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #40 on: Nov 02, 2023, 08:04 AM »
Wow, that's a nice set up. Where did you get the fan?

Got it off Amazon. It's powered by usb. Not sure on how much juice it will pull vs the other type of fans I've been using but I like the look. Almost like a 2nd home now or the dog house when the wife's mad  :roflmao:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: Clam X200 pro thermal ice camp tent
« Reply #41 on: Nov 02, 2023, 08:49 AM »
Those fans come in 4 & 6 blade models, so your aware if your going to get one. I've been using this heat powered fan mostly as it requires no juice and keeps the tent nice and cozy.

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Nov 03, 2023, 07:47 AM »
Real nice upgrade! How much did Clam charge you for the tent if you don't mind me asking? I'd love to have the side opening doors as well for my X200 but I always thought the hoop layout was different?

The fan looks amazing but is it cumbersome to travel with? Does it break down at all?
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #43 on: Nov 03, 2023, 08:34 AM »
Real nice upgrade! How much did Clam charge you for the tent if you don't mind me asking? I'd love to have the side opening doors as well for my X200 but I always thought the hoop layout was different?

The fan looks amazing but is it cumbersome to travel with? Does it break down at all?

Thanks jethro. It was $650 for the new skin (1800 denier pro model  PN#106169) including shipping to Utah. It fits perfect on my 5yo frame. I also bought 2 sets of extra poles to tighten everything up good.  The fan does break down into a pretty small box for easy packing. Just not sure on how much juice it will take to run it for 2-3 nights yet. Did upgrade my power source this year with a 500w solar generator so I can give my other batteries a break that I've been using .
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #44 on: Nov 05, 2023, 11:43 AM »
Did a little more tinkering with the double hinge door and I'm liking how it turned out. Flipped the hinge so it just folds up on itself,  don't know what i was thinking at 1st. Installed a small chain to hold it up on the back pole and we're good to go

Here's the size of the fan box for how small it packs down to

And of course it never gets old for my youngest. Her favorite hang out this time of year

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Nov 06, 2023, 11:16 AM »
Thanks jethro. It was $650 for the new skin (1800 denier pro model  PN#106169) including shipping to Utah. It fits perfect on my 5yo frame. I also bought 2 sets of extra poles to tighten everything up good.  The fan does break down into a pretty small box for easy packing. Just not sure on how much juice it will take to run it for 2-3 nights yet. Did upgrade my power source this year with a 500w solar generator so I can give my other batteries a break that I've been using .

Oh, that's not bad. Really nice upgrade. If my tent wasn't in pretty much perfect shape I'd definitely consider it. That fan is going to be mine for sure.

What do you heat with? Propane and a buddy heater? I'm considering a diesel heater for mine but not sure.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #46 on: Nov 06, 2023, 11:29 AM »
Totally agree. If it's in good shape no need to replace it. My zippers were in rough shape from all the use. They definitely upgraded that after the 1st gen x200. I use propane and a buddy. If the diesel heaters would have been out years ago I would be onboard for one. One of our ice camping buddies runs one and it's pretty slick. This was his build and test run on it

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Nov 07, 2023, 07:12 AM »
Oh that's funny, that is the exact same box I was planning on using for my build.

Great video! Thanks for that.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #48 on: Nov 08, 2023, 11:22 AM »
No prob jethro, looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #49 on: Nov 19, 2023, 12:27 PM »
Got a few more things taken care of the last couple weeks. When this started and I had the tent tore down I noticed my light bar was on its last leg. After a close inspection a wire had been clipped and while attempting to get that fixed the dang thing quit working all together. So I flipped it over and installed some led strip lighting, shrink tubed it and when I powered it on it was no where bright enough. Back to the drawing board I was. Decided to use an extra pole which I have a few of since buying 2 pole kits. Repourposed some of the pole holder clips I'm no longer using and bought a 1000 lumen usb light bar. Came with a dimmer/ timer switch inline which I really like. I can move this bar to any of the 3 main poles and rotate it front to back for a different affect on lighting.

Got a good bag for all the poles I'm packing around now.

Being that I'm in the side door club now I made the decision to sale my old 1st gen 949i and picked up the new piscifun pop up with the flat wall/ full door. It connects great to the new skin and will be nice when I have the daughter or wife out with me for an overnighter possibly. I'm very pleased with the quality of this tent. The only downfall is I lost 5in in height. Being just under 6ft I would not recommend this tent for anyone taller than that for sure but like I said it's just for using here and there if needed for opening up fishing/cot space. All and all it was worth the roughly $50 this upgrade costed.

Also on the list was coming up with something for moving the tent around the house and to the trailer. Harbor freight dollies are just not cutting it anymore. Was going to build it but then came across this heavy duty cart on the local classified for $30. Bingo! Works like a charm.

My chariot got some new wear bars/ carbides this season also so as said above the HF dollies just weren't cutting it anymore either. Picked up some ski wheels, modified them a bit for my liking and other than having to replace the cheap wheels for some beefier ones eventually.  I could ride this thing all around with no probs under 10mph.

Next thing to get tweaked is the battery bag. Maybe today. More to come.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline HardH20Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Nov 19, 2023, 09:27 PM »
Looks great, Matt! The pop-up as a modular expansion is a great idea. You can call it your covered patio.  ;D
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear....and that's kind of the same thing.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #51 on: Nov 20, 2023, 08:20 PM »
Looks great, Matt! The pop-up as a modular expansion is a great idea. You can call it your covered patio.  ;D

Nothing wrong with that  ;D
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #52 on: Nov 26, 2023, 09:56 PM »
Didn't get as much done as expected this weekend but every little bit counts. Got the floor out and tested it out with the new skin. Made a new fish landing pad/ hole cover when hooked up with other tents. Looks almost to nice to get all slimed up

Been really liking this light for pulling fish up at night. Stays right on the tent pole at all times unless needed elsewhere

New battery bag turned out pretty good compared to the old tote I was using

Daughter had to do a dry run with her play pole. Lol

More to come
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing God's Country "Big Wounderful Wyoming"
« Reply #53 on: Nov 26, 2023, 10:53 PM »
Looking good Matt !!!!
Hope that I will get to see it in person this season.
I started getting my stuff rounded up this weekend.
Going ice hunting in the morning.  I'll report.
Tight lines  :tipup:
RIP "LT"   This place just won't be the same...

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #54 on: Nov 27, 2023, 12:32 PM »
Looking good Matt !!!!
Hope that I will get to see it in person this season.
I started getting my stuff rounded up this weekend.
Going ice hunting in the morning.  I'll report.
Tight lines  :tipup:

Thanks Alan, looking forward to what you find. Pretty sure we'll be coming up there in the next 2wks for a look ourselves for a day trip
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Dec 01, 2023, 10:21 AM »
Hilarious.. you and I are like brothers from another mother. I'm also upgrading my lighting because the built in light bar has been flickering and is ready to fail. Also, I'm considering at retiring my original Clam Bigfoot 4000T hub so I can get a full door. Those older hub doors are the pits especially for a plus sized person like myself.

The height thing may not be a problem if you get a lot of snow- I usually don't dig a spot for my hub first, I set it on top of the snow and then dig out the snow inside after. 2 feet of snow makes a 9' ceiling height!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #56 on: Dec 06, 2023, 07:52 PM »
Hilarious.. you and I are like brothers from another mother. I'm also upgrading my lighting because the built in light bar has been flickering and is ready to fail. Also, I'm considering at retiring my original Clam Bigfoot 4000T hub so I can get a full door. Those older hub doors are the pits especially for a plus sized person like myself.

The height thing may not be a problem if you get a lot of snow- I usually don't dig a spot for my hub first, I set it on top of the snow and then dig out the snow inside after. 2 feet of snow makes a 9' ceiling height!

Mom approved of both our upgrades  :roflmao: :thumbsup:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #57 on: Dec 07, 2023, 09:41 AM »
Nothing to do with the X200 but definitely needed an upgrade for this season.  Over the years I've bounced the LX7 around a few times and had to send it in for service so this year it got upgraded. One of my friends we fish with did this year's ago and I should have followed suit then. Might have saved me a few hundred $ for sure. Picked up a case at harbor freight, some hinges and reporpoused some ram mounts I had laying around. I must say I'm very happy with the way it turned out and now it should be able to handle mostly anything.

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline HardH20Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Dec 07, 2023, 07:24 PM »
Very cool, Matt! I've always been worried about folks that run the LX and other screen-style units but in the regular soft cases. Great idea!
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear....and that's kind of the same thing.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #59 on: Dec 08, 2023, 11:17 AM »
Very cool, Matt! I've always been worried about folks that run the LX and other screen-style units but in the regular soft cases. Great idea!

Thanks Damon. This will keep it in much better shape. Hoping to put it to use tomorrow  :thumbsup:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.