The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lake mary ronan  (Read 14262 times)

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
Lake mary ronan
« on: Jan 02, 2010, 11:26 AM »
perch fishing has been fair. tried it last night for salmon didn't have any luck just small perch. there was 12 guys out there and i only seen to salmon caught fished from about 8:30 to 11:30.
is it wrong to be turned on by an icehole?

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Lake mary ronan
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2010, 08:54 AM »
still trying to find out if any one is catching the kokanee yet the perch fishing is still good

Offline um04

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2010, 11:32 PM »
what do you  consider good? are you fishing the perch over at the plum creek side or off the state boat launch?  any kokes?

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2010, 06:25 AM »
I took the kids out sunday afternoon caught 60 perch in 3 hours 18 of them between 9 to 10 1/2 inches in front of camp tuffit in 22 fow.
went back out sunday night straight out in front of plum creek campground and caught 9 more 10 inchers and 1 11 incher only got one koke 13 inches. there were two more guys out there one only caught 1 koke the other got 8 47 fow

Offline um04

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2010, 09:53 PM »
oh those are good perch for there.  seems like all the perch we catch there are in the 4-6" range.  how thick is the ice?  at least a few salmon are starting to be caught.

Offline tooffless

• IceShanty Rookie
  • blessed to be alive and out there
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2010, 10:46 PM »
   ??? how thick is the ice.  where are people accessing, is any one driving on the ice? what is the best time of day to fish for the silvers or the perch? would like to try it.

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2010, 12:03 AM »
ice is ten inches i've been putting in at the statepark and taking snowmobiles out i've only seen one toyota truck out there.
best time for perch is early morning but you can catch them all day
kokes is best at night 8 to 12 in my opinion and most people are driving around the lake to plum creek campground and walking out from there

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2010, 10:57 AM »
went out last night there was about twelve of us fished from dark to 12:00 only 5 salmon caught.
still 9-10 inches of ice but 2 inches of water on top and the augers are just cutting right through the ice with no resistance not good
lots of perch but only one over 9 inches
hope it gets cold.

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 16, 2010, 11:15 AM »
any one been out there in the last two days? Curious as to how the ice is holding up

Offline tooffless

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 17, 2010, 09:19 PM »
was there this after noon for a couple hours, enough perch for a meal, ice seemed ok mushy snow on ice, holes from more than a day were solid 3 inches of new ice. still wouldnt take a rig on it .

Offline um04

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 18, 2010, 04:23 PM »
any word on the salmon?

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 19, 2010, 07:49 PM »
went out last night and my pull rope broke no spare of course or any rope at all
caught a few salmon and lost some in the hole but the guys around me were catching lots of them
maybe i'm just using the wrong set up
going back out tonight just to get my snowmobile and i'll check with the guys to see how there doing

Offline playyesiam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 19, 2010, 11:02 PM »
WE FISHED ASHLEY SAT. AND DID WELL.FISHED MARY FROM 7:30 TI L2 SUN. AND CAUGHT A LOT OF 5-7 INCHERS WITH A COUPLE OVER 9(perch).Caught just 6 salmon but took us awhile to figure them out. We were off the boat launch at the north end.

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Jan 20, 2010, 09:58 AM »
talked to some guys this morning that were out last night between 3 of them they caught 37 salmon 14 perch

Offline um04

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 20, 2010, 02:50 PM »
swedish pimple and glo hooks? (pink or glo)?

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Jan 20, 2010, 08:09 PM »
not sure what everyone else is using i've been using the zimmer set-up but not doing near as good as everyone else but better on perch

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #16 on: Jan 25, 2010, 01:08 PM »
Fished Sunday and pounded perch all day.  Most in the 7-8 range, clones.  22 FOW out off Tuffit and same over by white rock.

Winter Fun Fest at LMR on Feb 6th.  $10 and a non perishable food item.  Biggest 3 perch and 1 Kokanee by weight, you can enter big fish as many times as you like.  Poker "run" also, get a card by, playing ice golf, ice bowling, ice "perchshoes" (try and get a frozen perch in a 10" icehole), make donations to a couple different charities, any 5" perch, any 11" perch.

Paying back 80%( other 20% going to charity) of the pot, 40% for biggest 3 perch, 20% for biggest Kokanee, 20% for poker hand.

More details at Snappy Sport Senter of LMR Lodge and resort.  You can enter anytime up to the day of the event.  Come on out for this one.  We will have a warming fire, and a buffet will be available.

If the Perch Assault tournaments are not your cup of tea, maybe this one will rock your world!! ;D
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Jan 26, 2010, 05:06 PM »
salmon fishing is really starting to pick up some real nice ones this year

Offline MT204

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 26, 2010, 08:58 PM »
PerchAssu
We also were off Tuffit on Sunday. There was only one other couple till we left at 1:30 Guess that must have been you? We got a number of larger ones but most were the same size as yours.

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #19 on: Jan 27, 2010, 09:43 AM »
WhitefishMT,

Yup that was me.  I was fishing my second waypoint, you guys were right where I wanted to be ;D  Your secret is safe with me...I am not one to horn in on anyone, I saw you guys pull what looked like a couple nicer ones out though.  I went over into the weedbeds and caught fish out of every hole I drilled, just couldnt find anything bigger than a 9".  That spot will continue to profuce better and better fish thru the ice off.

You guys should come and fish the Winter Fun Fest on the 13th, you can sign up the morning of and probably stand a good chance if that spot produces.

Mike
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline MT204

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Jan 27, 2010, 10:55 AM »
My boy was saying that he thought that it looked like you were going to park right between us and we had your spot.
We kind of laughed as we have gone out on the ice and sure enough there is some one right where you want to be.
A friend had gotten some bigger ones Friday straight in about 25-30 Yards from where we were.
We watched you go in closer to shore but didn't see anything big come up.
We have fished that almost same exact spot for 10 years.
We also have hit the Snappys derby for as long as I can remember.

Offline tooffless

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Jan 28, 2010, 08:27 PM »
has anyone been out since sunday?

Offline elkjnky

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Jan 28, 2010, 09:51 PM »
going to give this ice fishing a try this year finaly after living hear 4 years. ive fished salmon in the summer will they be in the same spots during the ice season.

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Jan 29, 2010, 01:58 PM »
went out last night out from plum creek campground in 47 fow and caught about 40 salmon and 10 perch salmon are the biggest i've seen out of there most 11-12 inches with some 13 and i got to 14inchers
using a pink maggot with white corn

Offline all4elk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Jan 29, 2010, 09:20 PM »
have you been catching the salmon off the bottom or they suspended?
How is the ice? 
Thinking of heading that way monday or tuesday and thanks for the info.

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Jan 29, 2010, 09:56 PM »
Ice is about 10-13 inches
started out catching them 6 feet off the bottom by 10:30p.m. they were up to 15 feet off the bottom
using sweedish pimple with a pink and white teardrop jig about 8 inches down tipped with a red maggot and white corn soaked in red anise oil

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Feb 01, 2010, 12:17 AM »
took my 2 1/2 year old son out started about 6 limited out by 8-8:30
Jig up about 1 foot and let it drop they usually just barely bump it after it hits down
fish were anywhere from 6 to 20 feet up

Offline elkjnky

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Feb 01, 2010, 07:31 PM »
went out sat and sun night from about 5 to 8 30 not evan a bite. sat was off tuffit and sun was off of plumb creek camp ground they dont seem interested in what im using i guess. orange swedish pimple glow hook 8 in down with a maggot and corn.

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Feb 02, 2010, 12:09 AM »
took the little guy back out tonight and only caught 2 salmon 5 perch from 6 to 10

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #29 on: Feb 04, 2010, 04:04 PM »
Bump to the top, gonna be a fun day Saturday, come on out and enjoy it with us!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.