Author Topic: Nebraska get together?  (Read 6028 times)

Offline panfishon

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Nebraska get together?
« Reply #60 on: Feb 11, 2012, 03:50 PM »
I think I will head up friday and saturday have not decided yet will let you know was thinking about hitting hackberry and I am from Arnold NE have not fished the bordman in years will head up hwy 83 then if I go to meritt the same way as you hank

Offline Sandbilly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #61 on: Feb 12, 2012, 08:24 AM »
My son got beat in the heartbreak round, so I will be cutting ice. Thanks fishngolf for the report. Ice was good (7-11") on both the Snake and Boardman where I fished. Probably take a quad up next weekend.

What we need is a plan. Looks like we have folks wanting to fish both Merritt and the V. Refuge. Doesn't matter to me except I need to adjust my cattle feeding schedule to fit what day we fish Merritt. Refuge is not nearly as specific and several going have plenty of experience there.  It would make more sense too me to fish Merritt Sat, Refuge on Sunday because it's at least a half an hour closer home for most of you. You guys make the plan, I live here and will adjust accordingly. 

Sounds like fun!!!   :tipup:

dc     

Offline panfishon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Feb 12, 2012, 08:45 AM »
Sounds like a good plan I have friday saturday off from work like I said before have not fishing meritt since I was a little kid would be nice to get a little guidence out there would love to try it again if you want to meet up sat that would work for me as of now will know more in a couple days.

Offline JAM3S

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 40° makes me sweat.
« Reply #63 on: Feb 12, 2012, 11:08 AM »
Merritt on Saturday sounds like a good idea to me.  I am open to meeting up at the Trading Post as early as 6am Saturday morning, since I'll be there anyway.  Anthoney and I will probably do some night fishing friday once we get there too.  Maybe someone who's been there has a better idea.  Just my thought.

After talking with Anthoney just a moment ago, our plan is now:  drive to Long Pine SRA on Friday to do some trout fishing, stay the night there.  Head off to Merritt early saturday morning with bellies full of fish breakfast burritos.

I hope we have a good turnout, 19 people did vote for this weekend.

Offline crappie15

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #64 on: Feb 13, 2012, 08:41 AM »
My son got beat in the heartbreak round, so I will be cutting ice. Thanks fishngolf for the report. Ice was good (7-11") on both the Snake and Boardman where I fished. Probably take a quad up next weekend.

What we need is a plan. Looks like we have folks wanting to fish both Merritt and the V. Refuge. Doesn't matter to me except I need to adjust my cattle feeding schedule to fit what day we fish Merritt. Refuge is not nearly as specific and several going have plenty of experience there.  It would make more sense too me to fish Merritt Sat, Refuge on Sunday because it's at least a half an hour closer home for most of you. You guys make the plan, I live here and will adjust accordingly. 

Sounds like fun!!!   :tipup:

dc     
That is what we're planning. Will be leaving Cozad at 4:30 a.m. saturday and should be to the boat ramp at beeds by 7:30 a.m. Planning on fishing the refuge Sunday. It is a lot better drive home from the refuge.

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I just don't have a healthy fear of...anything.
« Reply #65 on: Feb 13, 2012, 02:42 PM »
I would love to go guys....but I can't drive that far with the action I have been getting on in SD.  It's not 100% about catching fish I know.  But I also have some guys I'm taking with me (meeting me) up there from SE Iowa. Really wish that either Merrit wasn't as far as it is from Wayne or the weekend didn't conflict.  I will never get to spoon with Tomhusker.

....he thought that was fishing technique FYI.....

Dang it...this trip / group sounds fun. 
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • We're making ICE boys!!
« Reply #66 on: Feb 13, 2012, 02:44 PM »
I would love to go guys....but I can't drive that far with the action I have been getting on in SD.  It's not 100% about catching fish I know.  But I also have some guys I'm taking with me (meeting me) up there from SE Iowa. Really wish that either Merrit wasn't as far as it is from Wayne or the weekend didn't conflict.  I will never get to spoon with Tomhusker.

....he thought that was fishing technique FYI.....

Dang it...this trip / group sounds fun.

The season ain't over yet.....

I am not above driving up to SD so you can show me yer spoonin' techniques.   ;D

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I just don't have a healthy fear of...anything.
« Reply #67 on: Feb 13, 2012, 02:56 PM »
Thats the spirit big guy!!!   FYI - rooms if you have a AARP card...(not saying you are that old Tom...throwing it out there) or if you are a vet....$57 per night (?) and they are nice rooms.  I'm doing another trip in March...at least one more.  Just get to Wayne...I'm always looking for a buddy to split with.  $100 EACH GAS / $80 FOR ROOM EACH (3 NIGHTS) / 3 DAYS FISHING.  Restaraunt is attached to the Galley and burgers are like $7.00 (with fries)...so, cheap dinners.  All in all.....$225 lets you eat out after cleaning fish for 3 nights, bait, snacks, a few beers, and free spooning lessons.

"There's a fine line between snuggling and struggling"  (Boji,  circa 2012)
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.