Author Topic: Nebraska get together?  (Read 6024 times)

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • We're making ICE boys!!
Re: Nebraska get together?
« Reply #30 on: Jan 20, 2012, 09:29 PM »
Nice to see the interest in Merritt.  We are only 20 miles from the Valentine refuge, a few more to Rat & Beaver that produced some great late ice action on big perch.  Several other pretty good sandhills lakes are also within range.  As for timing I've so far not scheduled any sports shows so there are no conflicts so far.  Late ice can produce a strong bite but with the temps running hot and cold the timing could get tricky.  If the majority decide to go with Merritt then come up with a date I'll be happy to HQ the party from the Trading Post, ice conditions permitting.

JB

That would be fantastic!

Offline fireball

• IceShanty Rookie
  • work to live, fish for life
« Reply #31 on: Jan 21, 2012, 07:14 AM »
I might be able to make a trip. Sounds like a good time getting together with some other ice nuts and swapping fish stories. Never fished Merrit. Fished the refuge a few times but never seem to get over to the lake. Always wanted to, my vote would be for the 11th, already have plans to hit the Jamacian beaches after that.

Offline panfishon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 21, 2012, 08:04 AM »
I say stay away from tourney dates so more of us can come there is a tourney on the 11 of feb

Offline gulbranson

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Jan 21, 2012, 08:15 AM »
Merrit would be great I have always wanted to fish it through the ice but haven't had the chance t yet. ;D :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :tipup: This will be great as long as the dates work out right.

See You On The ICE!

Offline Spark

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 21, 2012, 08:16 AM »
pan fish I went for the 11th because thats the weekend that works for me, tourney or not.  Thats why we put a poll up!!!!

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Jan 22, 2012, 12:05 AM »
 How long should we let the poll run before declaring a date?

Offline JAM3S

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 40° makes me sweat.
« Reply #36 on: Jan 22, 2012, 07:21 AM »
How long should we let the poll run before declaring a date?

Hoosier has it set to close on Jan. 28th

Offline hankthecrank

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Nothing better than DR PEPPER on shaved ice.
« Reply #37 on: Jan 22, 2012, 04:22 PM »
Well I haven't voted yet, because I haven't had a chance to look at my work calender, it seems that maybe these things are closed too early sometimes and people make hasty decisions before all the facts are in. I will try and look tonight and make a decision.
DR PEPPER POWERED PIKE HUNTER

THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FISHING AND CATCHING, IS ONE FISH.

Offline JAM3S

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 40° makes me sweat.
« Reply #38 on: Jan 22, 2012, 04:30 PM »
I plan the rest of my life around ice fishing.  All my friends and family know better than to expect to ever see me December 15th - March 1.  Except I work every other saturday and that won't change until I'm the boss.

Offline Mr Merritt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Jan 23, 2012, 09:47 AM »
It looks like Feb. 17th-19th leads the voting with the next weekend (24th-26th) getting votes also.  Just a thought.  Some of you are traveling a fair distance to this GTG.  It might be a good idea to dial in a "weather" date in case of a blizzard etc.  I understand a last minute change could exclude some or maybe include others so I will be flexible with cabin reservations if last minute weather changes crop up.  I really am looking forward to this get together and meeting you guys so let me know if an alternate date makes sense.  Area ice is still looking good at this point.

Offline Mr Merritt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Jan 23, 2012, 11:13 AM »
I had a PM on cabin rates so I will post for all. Fall/Winter rates are; Camper, electric only-$18/night, Cabins; 2 bed-$75/night, 3 bed-$95/night, 4 bed-$115/ night.  Xtra occupancy--$6/night per person,  example;  3 persons in a 2 bed = $81/night.  If you mention you are reserving for the Ice Shanty Get Together Weekend (2 night minimum) I will take off $5 a night.  All cabins have kitchenettes w/utensils & table service, bed and bath linens provided.  About all you need to bring is food and fishing equipment.  I can open up the lounge for refreshments, fun, and fellowship with no need to make a 52 mile round trip to Valentine.  This winter I have 6 cabins available (total of 19 beds) so please reserve once dates are set.  I'm really looking forward to meeting and fishing with some hard core hard water folks.  Let the fun and tall tales commence!

Offline Mr Merritt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Feb 07, 2012, 10:32 AM »
Some warm temps before and after the tournament at the end of January had me doubting conditions would be safe for the get together.  The most recent cold spell that will go through the coming weekend has me much more optimistic that conditions are going to cooperate now that we are only 10 days out.  Valentines forecast is calling for low single digits tonight and lows in the teens all week without the exceptional daytime highs!  I hate to risk jinxing the thing but I am feeling more optimistic! 

Offline Mr Merritt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Feb 07, 2012, 11:04 AM »
I should have added I still have all 6 cabins available for the IS Get Together weekend Feb. 17th-19th.  Call me at (402) 376-3437 to reserve your room.  Be sure to mention you are a part of the IS Get Together and I will discount our all ready discounted winter rates!

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Feb 08, 2012, 02:09 PM »
 OK fellas. I just reserved a cabin up there, but I am going alone. Anybody interested in riding out with me and splitting the cost of gas and cabin? I promise to not sleep in the nude...

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I just don't have a healthy fear of...anything.
« Reply #44 on: Feb 08, 2012, 03:40 PM »
You had me at "OK" Tom.....you had me at "OK".....
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Feb 08, 2012, 06:27 PM »
You had me at "OK" Tom.....you had me at "OK".....

Offline panfishon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Feb 09, 2012, 07:54 AM »
Hope to run into a few of you guys that weekend. I will be heading that way on one of them day over the weekend would like to visit with other ice nuts

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Feb 09, 2012, 06:43 PM »
How many are planning on going to this? I do, but if I am gonna be the only one then I can find somewhere closer.

Offline spikes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #48 on: Feb 09, 2012, 09:07 PM »
I was hoping to make it, but I was invited on a trip to Mobridge SD.   I would enjoy opportunity to meet all you on this site, but looks like I am going to have to take a rain check.  I am looking forward to the next event.  Good luck to everyone!!

Offline perchboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Feb 09, 2012, 10:10 PM »
whats the plans for the gathering at merritt. I have fished it but not in the winter. Its on the bucket list of icing to do. Let me know if anyone is going.

Offline JAM3S

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 40° makes me sweat.
« Reply #50 on: Feb 09, 2012, 11:19 PM »
My buddy Anthoney and I are going, staying in the camper.

Offline hankthecrank

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #51 on: Feb 10, 2012, 07:45 AM »
The problem with things like this is too many people right off the get go say I'M IN, without even thinking or planning then when you get right down to it nobody or very few even go. I'm hopefully going to make it, but it's still a little shaky for me. I've seen this type of thing happen too many times already, the NEFGA get-together has seen this happen. There is still time to plan, if people are wanting to share rides rooms and gas we need to be a little more vocal and say where we are from and the route taken, it will help people get together.

Offline Sandbilly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #52 on: Feb 10, 2012, 08:04 AM »
I will know by tomorrow night if we will be in Omaha or Merritt that weekend. Spent a few hours on Merritt yesterday afternoon. Crappie, gills, perch and walleye. Wasn't a stellar day, but steady with a few quality fish iced. This weather should improve ice conditions on the V. Refuge Lakes.

dc. 

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Feb 10, 2012, 01:38 PM »
The problem with things like this is too many people right off the get go say I'M IN, without even thinking or planning then when you get right down to it nobody or very few even go. I'm hopefully going to make it, but it's still a little shaky for me. I've seen this type of thing happen too many times already, the NEFGA get-together has seen this happen. There is still time to plan, if people are wanting to share rides rooms and gas we need to be a little more vocal and say where we are from and the route taken, it will help people get together.

Good post.

As I posted earlier, I have a cabin reserved for Friday and Saturday night and would like to share the cost of it and the gas with someone. I am in Shelby, south of Columbus. The route I take is open for discussion. Send me a PM if interested.

Offline jimyoumook

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #54 on: Feb 10, 2012, 06:52 PM »
i plan to be there

Offline JAM3S

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 40° makes me sweat.
« Reply #55 on: Feb 10, 2012, 08:25 PM »
we should be arriving at Merritt by 7pm on Friday, leaving sunday shortly after lunch.

Offline JAM3S

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 40° makes me sweat.
« Reply #56 on: Feb 10, 2012, 08:38 PM »
Sandbilly, how was the ice?

Offline fishngolf

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The bigger the teeth, the better it gets!!!
« Reply #57 on: Feb 10, 2012, 09:41 PM »
Sandbilly, how was the ice?

Sandbilly is at district wrestling in Sutherland today and tomorrow. Merritt is about 45 miles north of Mullen and the ice will be real good on the Boardman and around through Beeds Landing and Cedar Bay. We have had cool days and nights here the last couple weeks, the high today was in the teens, the low tonight is set for -11 and then only warming to 13 Saturday. Sunday is around 0 for a low and low 20's for a high. Not too sure about the ice on the Snake arm but my guess would be kind of iffy.
Sandbilly should have a full report when he gets back.

Offline hankthecrank

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #58 on: Feb 10, 2012, 11:22 PM »
I'm sorry I should have been the one to start, I live in Broken Bow, Highway 2  to Thedford, then North to Brownlee turn, then through the hills to Merritt.

Offline crappie15

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #59 on: Feb 11, 2012, 05:39 AM »
My son and I are heading up saturday morning.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.