Author Topic: Mosquito Saturday 1-6-18  (Read 1984 times)

Offline icebucketjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
Mosquito Saturday 1-6-18
« on: Jan 07, 2018, 12:45 PM »
Son, Nathan & I hit the NW corner of Mosquito today. Fished 8am-4pm. Fished 7-8ft of water.  Marked very few fish and hardly saw'em on my Aqua Vu Micro. Must've been 75 shanties out there. No walleyes of us. Only caught 3 Crappies: 1-11", 1-12" & 1-14". The crappie hit on natural colors: Tiger Vibe, Swedish Pimple and Lil Cleo...   Very tough pull bc of the snow, single digit temps and high winds.  Beautiful fishery though. Still haven't iced my 1st walleye. It's on my bucket list. Will go back and try a 3rd time next Saturday 1/13/18.  Heard a guy caught a 5lb eye near us. Wonderful time ice fishing with my son making memorie

Ice-Fisherman: We're all highly addicted, shivering, psychotic patients in the asylum of the frigid.

Offline BudIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Mosquito Saturday 1-6-18
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2018, 04:11 PM »
Nice crappies! I'm heading there tomorrow morning for first time. Cemetery and North of causeway have only produced dinks for me. Hoping the drag isn't bad but I'm thinking it will be after this snow and warm temps

Chute82

« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2018, 07:13 AM »
I fished by cemetery and caught lots of dinks, off work Thursday so thinking about going again

Offline saltsburgIce

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Love the Ice!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2018, 08:26 AM »
BudIce... let us know how you do. I fished N of the causeway with about 50 other shanties on Saturday. Caught 2 small eyes and lost two at the hole. Bite shut off around 10:30 am. Drag was terrible. Like icebucket, didn't mark many fish but it was a brutal day... and still great to be out with good friends.

Offline icebucketjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2018, 09:42 AM »
A winter storm is predicted for this Friday, Jan 12,. with quite a bit of snow a'comin.  My desire & plans to hit Skeeter again on Saturday Jan 13th may be halted . We'll see.
Ice-Fisherman: We're all highly addicted, shivering, psychotic patients in the asylum of the frigid.

Offline BudIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2018, 02:36 PM »
At buoy line now started fishing around noon. Drag out was super easy I was surprised. 3 decent gills 1 dink perch 1 dink crappie 1 25" pike. Marking in spurts lite bite w the panfish. Hoping not too much snow on Saturday, this ice is nice and the walk is easy

Offline icebucketjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2018, 06:57 AM »
Got the day off on Monday, Jan 15th... considering an all day outing at Skeeter again. Anybody interested in team searching, & fishing let me know.

Offline bev

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 10, 2018, 10:39 AM »
those are nice

Chute82

« Reply #8 on: Jan 21, 2018, 05:50 PM »
Fish mosquito on Sat...lots of dink perch and crappie..south end of the lake.. moved several times just found more and more dink perch... last time was told south end was hot fishing...this time told north end was hot fishing...going to find the middle of the lake and fish there next time.... and some idiot dumped 20+ nice size gills and buried them in a snow pile...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.