Author Topic: Deep Creek Ice  (Read 6803 times)

Offline icematt

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Deep Creek Ice
« Reply #30 on: Jan 07, 2009, 06:19 AM »
Gwebb or BoydChurch: What do you think for this weekend. We have some cold nights starting tonight into Saturday. Would appreciate a note onto where you guys were getting on the early ice. I'm not looking for your honey hole... just some access this weekend. We usually get on Harveys the earliest.

Offline BoydChurch

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Deep Creek Ice 12/27/2008
« Reply #31 on: Jan 07, 2009, 06:30 AM »
Icematt,
The only safe ice I have seen is on Harvey's. Sky Valley should be good. Saw some folks taking out at Bill's Service center but don't know the arrangements. Good Luck.
Boyd

Gwebb or BoydChurch: What do you think for this weekend. We have some cold nights starting tonight into Saturday. Would appreciate a note onto where you guys were getting on the early ice. I'm not looking for your honey hole... just some access this weekend. We usually get on Harveys the earliest.
It's all a part o' fishin', son

Offline gwebb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 07, 2009, 10:57 AM »
We got on at Green Glade. I have yet to find "my honey hole". If anyone can tell me where one is it would really be appreciated.  ;D

I haven't talked to anyone about the ice for a week so I have no idea if the ice is still safe. Good Luck and keep posting on conditions if you go. The weather is calling for a nice cool down, MSN is saying below 0 temps next week.

Offline icematt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Jan 07, 2009, 11:22 AM »
Boyd/Gwebb: Thank you both for the update I appreciate. We will be going Saturday and with the incoming temps tonight through Saturday morning I expect to get on Harveys. We had some good days there last year. Caught 3 pike over 30 inches in that cove. My buddy knows the people at Bills and they let us access there as long as we park on the road above.

Boyd: When were you on last? Just curious. Maybe we'll see you on Saturday. Problem is I have a errond to run in the morning and we won't be there until 10 - 11.

Offline BoydChurch

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Deep Creek Ice 12/27/2008
« Reply #34 on: Jan 07, 2009, 08:02 PM »
Icematt,
I was on last Saturday. Beautiful. Couple wallys, perch, bull gills. Lite bite by the gills.  I will be up MLK day weekend. Maybe we can hook it.
Boyd

Boyd/Gwebb: Thank you both for the update I appreciate. We will be going Saturday and with the incoming temps tonight through Saturday morning I expect to get on Harveys. We had some good days there last year. Caught 3 pike over 30 inches in that cove. My buddy knows the people at Bills and they let us access there as long as we park on the road above.

Boyd: When were you on last? Just curious. Maybe we'll see you on Saturday. Problem is I have a errond to run in the morning and we won't be there until 10 - 11.
It's all a part o' fishin', son

Offline woody1313

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fisherman
« Reply #35 on: Jan 08, 2009, 11:55 AM »
Has anybody checked the ice lately? I want to go this weekend. I been out a couple times already and did horrible. I want to fish deep water like turkey neck or Harvey's if anyone knows if its safe let me know thanks.

Offline gwebb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Jan 13, 2009, 08:31 PM »
Any body with any reports on the ice?? It looks like most of the lake from 219 bridge back to McHenry is frozen over. I'm getting the itch to plan a trip.  :whistle:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.