Author Topic: Deep Creek  (Read 25973 times)

Offline jeepdude64

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Deep Creek
« Reply #210 on: Dec 03, 2014, 05:53 AM »
I was there Friday and saturday and everywhere you look was snow.  Temp was very mild and lake was open water.  i was hoping to spend new years on ice but it looks like it is doubtful as temps look right around freezing for the 10 day outlook. 

Offline Hockeydefense13

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #211 on: Dec 15, 2014, 11:37 PM »
Funny how things work; I just transferred from SUNY Oswego to Frostburg, (where yet again I have started a fishing club, but this time with a fly fishing focus and TU setup), but nonetheless, I should be able to provide reports on Ice Conditions for Piney, Rocky gap and DCL fairly often this year. Headed up for steelheading this weekend, then hardwater in NY in January. I would guess we wont see Ice out here til mid-late January at best, given the long range and the fact its been fairly mild.

Offline Eman89so

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #212 on: Dec 27, 2014, 09:09 AM »
Any updates? Any skim ice?

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yelling at the fish on my screen
« Reply #213 on: Dec 27, 2014, 02:11 PM »
There was it's gone now.

Offline vasea

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #214 on: Dec 29, 2014, 09:09 PM »
Weather failed us around here, destination Adirondack!..

Offline Denuh Vance

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #215 on: Feb 04, 2015, 09:17 AM »
Was planning on making my first trip to Deep Creek this Sunday, but I'm seeing temps in the 40s for the forecast this weekend. Any reports or predictions on the ice condition?

Offline Old School

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #216 on: Feb 04, 2015, 09:56 AM »
Don't worry. Ice will be over a foot thick pretty much everywhere.

Offline icenperch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #217 on: Feb 04, 2015, 11:52 AM »
planning on making first trip to deepcreek , would appreciate any info on places to stay, depth to start looking for perch,.walleye,ect. thank u

Offline Denuh Vance

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #218 on: Feb 04, 2015, 01:06 PM »
I have no experience on this lake at all, but after looking at contour maps and taking suggestions from this forum into consideration, I plan on fishing the hump directly out from the beach area of the state park. I'm planning on trying to find the inner edge of the hump and get tip ups set up from the deep channel to the top of the hump at various depths until I can find a pattern. I'm pretty new to ice fishing and very new to the lake so any tips/comments on this plan would be appreciated.  Also, does anyone know what the bottom structure and vegetation is like in this area?

Offline Old School

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #219 on: Feb 04, 2015, 06:57 PM »
Lots of old stumps & heavy vegetation (milfoil) Don't worry about getting hung up on weeds of stumps. State Park is a good choice. I'll be out there myself on Saturday. Look for the guy using a palm rod.

Offline Mark Phillips

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #220 on: Feb 05, 2015, 09:00 PM »
Fished DCL this past weekend. This was my first time ice fishing. Never did it as a kid, but wish I had. Didn't have much luck as four of us only managed 3 Perch and 1 Walleye. After reading some other forums it sounds as though we were not the only one not catching. Coming back this weekend with more toys. I had a Marcum LX5 at my door step when I got home from work today. Can't wait to try it out.

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yelling at the fish on my screen
« Reply #221 on: Feb 05, 2015, 09:25 PM »
Good luck welcome to the addiction.

Offline Denuh Vance

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #222 on: Feb 06, 2015, 12:17 PM »
Any new info on ice conditions?

Offline Old School

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #223 on: Feb 06, 2015, 07:20 PM »
There will be 10+ inches pretty much everywhere on DCL. Be careful around edges.

Offline jeepdude64

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #224 on: Feb 09, 2015, 12:40 PM »
was there yesterday and wet but plenty of ice.  holes were enlarging with all the water washing in.  got 24 perch and threw back a handful.  perch were deep.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.