Author Topic: Ice conditions!!  (Read 2773 times)

Offline exminer625

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice conditions!!
« on: Jan 25, 2013, 03:48 PM »
Anyone know the ice conditions on Deep Creek Lake in Maryland?? :)

Offline crappie assain

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ice conditions!!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2013, 04:33 PM »
Talked to the guy that owns Bill's outdoors and he said there are ppl fishing it, mostly in the cove's.  Just have to be careful.  I'll be there in the am.

Offline exminer625

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2013, 05:23 PM »
Thanks for the info Crappie Assain. I called Bill's Outdoors a couple of days ago, and got a message stating they would not be open until the 1st of Feb. Wow!!!!!   

Do you fish Deep Creek often? I live in WV so it is a bit of a drive. I fish for perch and walleye. How about you, crappie only. :P

Offline crappie assain

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2013, 05:50 PM »
Exminer, i usually target gillz and crappie if i can find good size ones. I do fish for just about everything out there.  I have never fished DCL before, but I'm going tomorrow. Lol.  I hear they are goin to have some crappy weather out that way. I'm from upstate ny so I'm used to the snow. Just have to take your time driving.

Offline gwebb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2013, 08:09 PM »
Try www.fishdeepcreek.com for more info on it. Lots of info there on conditions.

Offline johnsaredneck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2013, 08:56 PM »
I have heard of four people taking the plunge at Deep Creek this year. Two made the news and two did not. All made it out ok. The last one I heard about was lucky. Some people were driving by and saw him go through. They stopped and got him out.
Ice fishing is no catch and release sport.

Offline your-end-ones-up

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 13, 2013, 09:11 PM »
i'm from pa. heading to deep creek this weekend. got place near green glade i'm staying. i would like to do some ice fishing there. never fished this lake but ive been ice fishing for 40 years. ive ice fished every dam within 50 miles of altoona pa. looking for good ice on the lake can anyone give me an update on ice conditions or where i should try

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yelling at the fish on my screen
« Reply #7 on: Feb 14, 2013, 05:00 AM »
Got a report of 5-6 inches on GG yesterday.

Offline your-end-ones-up

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 14, 2013, 11:00 PM »
leaving for dcl in morning .need license any place close to lake to obtain a fishing license

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 15, 2013, 05:46 AM »
leaving for dcl in morning .need license any place close to lake to obtain a fishing license
Buy it online very easy

Offline crappie assain

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 15, 2013, 04:50 PM »
There is a place on 219 South just after the burger king.  It looks like a white barn kinda. they have bait, jigs and other fishing stuff.  oh I think it is a hardware store as well.  Hope this helps. Good luck!

Offline REB9

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 15, 2013, 07:21 PM »

Gotta agree, buy it online.  Search for Maryland fishing license

REB9

Offline your-end-ones-up

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 16, 2013, 07:22 PM »
thanks for the info. got a late start friday had a couple glitches. got to dcl about 2:30 got family check in at cottage and settle. went out scouting around north of green glade most places ice melted about 8 to 10 from shore. did not attempt to get on didn't see a sole on ice anywhere. went to the hardware bait shop you talked about and talk to them about possible places to fish. they reminded me about the guys that went though this season so i maybe thought i should scrap it this year. got up this morning and after about 4hrs of family stuff i seen a window of oppurtunity. headed for the back cove of green glade atlast clam shells on the ice went out and chatted to a couple fellow ice fisherman. didn't have my gear with me so i had to announce i wasn't a warden right from the get go. long story short got my license this evening and will be there in morning . all about 6inches of ice and not melted around edge there and their catching some nice perch! "anyone who believes globle warming is a joke don't icefish"

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 19, 2013, 12:18 PM »
How did ya do on your day out your-end ? Yeah the last two winters temps have just been all over the place can't seem to get it to stay cold

Offline your-end-ones-up

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Feb 19, 2013, 04:06 PM »
had lots of flags , but never had a bite wind was brutal wind chill must have been 10 below. stay for 3hrs got tired of resetting tipups , couldn't jig snow filled your hole in 30 seconds. no fish so guess i'll just have to eat crow for what i said about global warming. i'll come back next year with a better game plan. well i'm going to find out if raystown has any ice and may try that this weekend

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 19, 2013, 04:16 PM »
Was the ice still pretty good still? Thinking about headed up Saturday

Offline 1976trout

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Feb 19, 2013, 09:06 PM »
I have never fished Green Glade Cove. Is there public parking, or a good place to park? Thinking about fishing there Saturday if there is any ice.

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Feb 20, 2013, 07:20 AM »
There isn't public parking on gg but there are places you can get away with parking on the side of the road or where roads end.

Offline your-end-ones-up

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Feb 20, 2013, 04:36 PM »
yea ice was good about 6 with about 1" of snow on it. when we left to come home monday the ice around the edges where i was staying was locking up and the was a guy fishing right out from our cottage we were staying at on blakeslee dr.

Offline 1976trout

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Feb 22, 2013, 12:35 PM »
Any one know how the ice is off the state park?

Offline 1976trout

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Mar 01, 2013, 08:36 PM »
Any one know how the ice is or if there is any left @ D.C.L?

Offline chournee

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Mar 04, 2013, 02:44 PM »
Fished on Sunday at North Glade cove. Ice was good 8" with about a 10 inces of snow on a top.

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Mar 04, 2013, 06:04 PM »
Thanks for the update. Think I'm gunna head up this weekend get one more outing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.