The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: st cathrine ice  (Read 1340 times)

Offline hunter13

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
st cathrine ice
« on: Mar 24, 2008, 09:43 PM »
just looking to see if anyone knows how the ice is on st cathrine if its still fishable on big lake  thinking about trying to get out one more time if its safe 

hunter13

"Grab your rod and git-r-done!"  VERMONT

chimo

Re: st cathrine ice
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25, 2008, 05:47 PM »
My brother fished sunday, down by the sunken island, said the ice was getting some air bubbles in it but that there was still quite a bit left.  I don't know if he measured any but he said it looked like it had lost a couple inches.  That would mean around 8-10 or so inches.     Don't know what it will be like now or at the end of the week.  good fishin

chimo

Offline jebra

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 25, 2008, 06:18 PM »
 :tipup:    I can see from some recent posts that there are plenty of panfish @ st. cath. How is this lake for northern pike at late ice?  :tipup:

Offline hunter13

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2008, 08:59 PM »
i think ill hang up my gear i dont need to go swimming  i have had alot of fun this year on st cathrine but didnt  catch a pike but was fishing trout most of the time so realy didnt target them maybe next season

hunter13

Offline bluebomber

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 30, 2008, 12:26 PM »
best fishing is from now till ice out hunter dont quit get after um!!!!:)i will be north end bomo wed thur for crappie and bluegill and pike and anything else that will bite:)

Offline hunter13

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 30, 2008, 05:59 PM »
was thinking about trying one more time but kind of got other things going on but you never know i might get time to go one more time

hunter13

chimo

« Reply #6 on: Mar 30, 2008, 09:40 PM »
My brother was out again the past couple days and getting some decent crappies.  Best bite as the sun is coming up and then it peters out a bit.  Wish I was still around or at least out fishing.  Spent 22 hours in class this weekend  :'(  good fishin

chimo

Offline habaneromoon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Apr 01, 2008, 01:24 PM »

i fished st cat for four hours sunday and caught the usual.........zilch! plenty of ice still but shore line very tricky. getting on is fine in the morning but by afternoon it is 50/50. lol
warm rainy week this week ,im done! ill hit the ice again next year, now its time to break out the poles. ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.