The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Couple slabs this morning  (Read 2193 times)

Offline vt-jig

• Team IceShanty Regular
Couple slabs this morning
« on: Jan 26, 2021, 05:55 PM »
Pulled these 2 today. 2" brown twister tail grub and a black jig head.

"Guys, Come look! This perch is as big as my house!"

Offline VTMTB

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Couple slabs this morning
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2021, 06:01 PM »
Nice lookin' Perch! I got a few like that yesterday, surprisingly in 40FOW w/a slender spoon...go figure.

Offline TRT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Trout/Salmon
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2021, 07:50 PM »
Nice fish

Offline Vtperchchaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2021, 06:11 AM »
I’ve been getting slabbers in 30-40 fow since first ice. Normally they don’t stack in deep til low o2 levels in shallower water. May be a result of heavy fishing pressure due to lack of ice on a lot of ponds and lakes

Offline ice fiend

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • im a die hard ice fishing addict 'nuff said
« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2021, 09:47 AM »
I’ve yet to find fish like this this season. than I don’t fish champlain too much anymore most of the spots I used to enjoy get so much pressure now there’s nothing left of decent quality.
i told myself id be back by 2 i guess i didnt factor in that the fish were biting

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2021, 11:56 AM »
I’ve yet to find fish like this this season. than I don’t fish champlain too much anymore most of the spots I used to enjoy get so much pressure now there’s nothing left of decent quality.

I can point you towards these.  Every year I get the urge and go slam them even though it's a 4 hour drive.  Lots of champlain is underfished.  People stick to the notable accesses and then the fishing suffers. 

Offline ice fiend

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 14, 2021, 10:31 AM »
Yup spots like carry bay and the sandbar are perfect examples of this. If it’s southern champlain your all good Iowa I never go southern vt too far of a drive for me
i told myself id be back by 2 i guess i didnt factor in that the fish were biting

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Feb 15, 2021, 07:03 AM »
Yup spots like carry bay and the sandbar are perfect examples of this. If it’s southern champlain your all good Iowa I never go southern vt too far of a drive for me

I dont blame ya.  I tend to drive all the way up and fish north if 78.  About a 5 hr ride.  Worth it though. I'll be up the 20-23rd.

Offline Jschumacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats walking on water. Life Member NAFC
« Reply #8 on: Feb 15, 2021, 07:36 AM »
I dont blame ya.  I tend to drive all the way up and fish north if 78.  About a 5 hr ride.  Worth it though. I'll be up the 20-23rd.
Heading up Wednesday the 17th myself John. Be there until the 21st staying with Bruce
Hard water Tight lines Flags up. Doesn't get any better than that

Member of the G.O.D.S

Offline ryleyr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 15, 2021, 07:50 AM »
Nice fish man! Decent little meal right there. Ive been able to find big schools of dinks this year and that's about it. I'll pull up 30 in like 2 hours but they're all between 5-8 inches. I don't use any sonar so it might be time for me to look into that

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10 on: Feb 15, 2021, 11:20 AM »
Heading up Wednesday the 17th myself John. Be there until the 21st staying with Bruce

Nice.  I found a 4 bedroom house on mallets.  Thank you air bnb.  I used to do the Bruce thing but could never get a reservation when I wanted one so airbnb it is.  Don't forget to sign your covid waiver!

Offline ice fiend

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Feb 17, 2021, 09:03 PM »
Looking to get on some decent panfish but given the current amount of snow of the ice I doubt I’ll go far

Offline Vtperchchaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 18, 2021, 08:05 AM »
The best jumbo lakes and ponds are the ones overlooked. I now live in franklin county where there’s very few small lakes and ponds. I use to live in central Vermont and could fish ten different lakes and ponds in a day hopping my fav spots and usually end up with better part of a limit of jumbos and not hurting any one pond or lake population. People get mad about giving up fishing spots, but I don’t mind. Not everyone who fishes knows how to catch them or how to locate. Tight lines

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.