The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Elmore lake  (Read 748 times)

Offline Hardwater Renegade

• Team IceShanty Regular
Elmore lake
« on: Feb 01, 2019, 11:02 AM »
Was hoping to hit Elmore this coming Sunday didn't know if anyone had any info on how much snow is on the lake, and if anyone has had any luck for northern's there this year. Thanks.

Offline keithm87

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Elmore lake
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2019, 11:16 AM »
Not sure of snow, but imagine there is a fair bit, but it drifts a lot up there so likely big drifts and other spots with less. As for pike... its elmore... they are in there, and you will always get at least 1 in a trip, but there are many better places in the state to catch a lot more and bigger pike. There was a picture of a nice 38 incher that came out last month by the store. This time of year you have to hope they are not doing sled ice drags, or ice racing up there when you are there. LOUD and fish shut right off.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2019, 11:23 AM »
Thanks Keith. I usually fish it a few times a year as it is closer to me then champlain, or other pike waters. We have gotten a few out of there over the past years, nothing really big but fun none the less. Been lucky when we have gone the lake has been quiet. Appreciate the info. Tight lines.

Offline Light liner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2019, 11:27 AM »
Theres a lot more bigger pike being caught out of elmore than you think.
Like someone else said its just too noisy and busy.
Be set up at first light before it gets busy is your best bet.
Champlain
Memphremagog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2019, 11:50 AM »
I have heard of a few big ones coming out of there over the years, and I'm sure there are ones caught that no one hears about. I'll give it a go this weekend and see what we can't pull outa there. Thanks Light Liner.

Offline Light liner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2019, 01:17 PM »
Good luck. Theres nice perch in there too.
Champlain
Memphremagog

Offline LittleFishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2019, 02:27 PM »
Good luck. Theres nice perch in there too.
I have caught very nice sized perch there.. Out in the deep in front of the store, lots of throwbacks too. Few years ago I caught a 14.5" yellow- took a picture with my phone to send later (no service) and immediately lost my phone down an ice hole bending over to set a tip up! Walked back to the shanty (which had a few inches of water on top the ice) and my fish was also gone! It found the only hole drilled in the shanty I guess. I even had to move the shanty because I thought I'd find it under the skirting. biggest yellow I have caught and it does not even count, other than in my head. 
Load it, Drive it, Park it
Bait it, Jig it, Hook it
Catch it, Clean it, Cook it
Simply put just get out/ and do it

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 01, 2019, 02:48 PM »
Now that is a good day of fishing gone bad right there Littlefishen. I would have packed up and gone home lol.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.