Author Topic: 1st Post.......take a look back  (Read 3843 times)

grumpymoe

1st Post.......take a look back
« on: Nov 03, 2005, 09:33 PM »
thought this would be fun for any member to take a look back and repost their very first post on this great fishing friendly site..... here's mine..."have caught alot of pike using shallow water tipups with smelts on norwegian hooks and husky jerks suspended at 4-5 feet below the ice-generally they approach bait/lures several times before inhaling bait-sure exciting to see them hit-watch your ticker!!!!!!!!"..Grump

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 1st Post.......take a look back
« Reply #1 on: Nov 03, 2005, 09:37 PM »
hey grump, how did you find out what your first post was or do ya have one heck of a memory? lol!

grumpymoe

« Reply #2 on: Nov 03, 2005, 09:45 PM »
actually......i have alot of time on my hands right now...rotflmao..............just go to your profile and look up your posts.........oldest being the highest number.....its actually quite funny looking back....Grump

Offline asphalt_kid

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Live life hard........ICE FISH
« Reply #3 on: Nov 03, 2005, 09:52 PM »
LOL   my first post was in the General Chit Chat section on a post titled how did you come upo with your user name and here was my reply................. ...................... ...................... ...

My nickname was given to me one day by a boss I had I was 18 and the youngest guy on the paving crew and it is almost all of my internet ID's too.

Asphalt ........... America's #1 recycled product.

Tar baby's rule the roads of America.
If they know how to pave.

asphalt_kid

Offline Waubay Fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 03, 2005, 09:56 PM »
LOL - this is an excellent post!!!  What a neat feature too in the profile, I never noticed that before!!!  My first post pertained to asking questions about my portable shelter, here's what I had to say:

-----------------------
Hey all!!!

I have a quick question about a Clam 5600 Portable Ice Shelter I should be receiving today.  I am going to be fishing Waubay Lake, SD here this weekend.  Projected temps are supposed to be 25-35 degrees or so.  Was wondering if a Coleman 3000btu mini heater will keep that shelter warm enough to not have a coat, hats, gloves on - just the regular sweats and all.  Evidently the bottoms of the sides of the shelter don't "physically attach" to the bottom of the shack, but they touch eachother so I'll just pyle snow around them to keep drafts out.

Any comments???

Thanks much!!
-----------------------

No introduction, hullo's, or anything - what a rude jerk eh!!!!   ;D LOL  I think I did that one later!!!

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #5 on: Nov 03, 2005, 10:24 PM »
LOL   my first post was in the General Chit Chat section on a post titled how did you come upo with your user name 

Asphalt ........... America's #1 recycled product.

Tar baby's rule the roads of America.
If they know how to pave.

asphalt_kid

wow what a coincidence!! mine was too and here it is (i think)

"i am a carpenter and my user name when  you say it fast is simply "build it right"

ironically this thread was started over again today!! and i posted it again!!4062 posts later  :o

Offline Kodiakman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Start everyday as if it has a purpose.
« Reply #6 on: Nov 04, 2005, 03:12 AM »
My first Post was in the North and South Dakota General forum last November after I got frustrated looking for open water to fish from, decided to start Ice fishing and found this wonderful site.  I'm a transplant to the black hills of South Dakota hailing from North West PA and thus not very familiar with the area.

Subject:  When do you think we'll see safe ice in the Blackhills?
Body:  It looks like the low temperatures for the next week are going to be below freezing, any guesses when we'll start seeing safe ice?

Offline Chucker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice - It's not just for drinking!
« Reply #7 on: Nov 04, 2005, 05:36 AM »
IceShanty Main / General Chit Chat / Re: "Team IceShanty" Winter Hats (Beanies)       on: Feb 12, 2004, 06:32 PM
Just ordered two.
I'm a-going to stay where ya sleep all day,
Where they hung the jerk who invented work
In the big rock candy mountains.

Offline Iceshanty

• Admin
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Unwilling to leave the fish I have not caught yet
« Reply #8 on: Nov 04, 2005, 06:02 AM »
Click Profile > Show the last posts of this person

You may also have to dig into the archives to find your first post.
http://www.iceshanty.com/archives/archives.php/

-Scott

hey grump, how did you find out what your first post was or do ya have one heck of a memory? lol!
What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #9 on: Nov 04, 2005, 06:44 AM »
Good one here Grump, Evidently mine was before I got a vex. I asked if anyone had a good way to mark depth when using a spinning reel. I didn't look up the thread but I hope one of you jokers told me to buy a vex ;D
        Jim

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #10 on: Nov 04, 2005, 08:53 AM »
Great Idea Grump

My first post was recently brought back to life and it gave me a warm fuzzy feeling. It was about Jiggin Raps and here is body of the post

"Hi, I usually fish live baits, but on this site I have come across a few discussions on jigging rapala's. My question is, do you add live bait to these? or let them do there own magic."

And in case your wondering, I now tip my rappala's with berkely power maggots.

Offline reelmaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 04, 2005, 09:44 AM »
heres mine........Im just a rookie ice fisherman  but Just gotta love getting on to many perch on the hard stuff.  Does anyone know where to buy good ice augers in manitoba.   Also what are the price ranges.  used one also.  Thanks guys.

LOL Alot has changed since then but still a little green to some things. Got an auger though and shack is in the works.
YOu can only get skunked so many times before you have to shower, Peeeeuuuuw

Offline killitandgrillit

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Drilling and Grilling!
« Reply #12 on: Nov 04, 2005, 11:18 AM »
Here's my first post..last fall, about this time!

Me and my bud have been building our first permanant in the off season. We started two nights ago. We have it framed up and the outside boarded up. Tonight we are insulating and doing the roof, and the old lady is painting for us. We made it bigger than average- 6x8...but I wanted to be able to fit my gf's disabled grandfather in there in the wheel chair, and do some overnight camping. I think I'm going to look around for some bucket seats from a car for seating. I'll try and post pics tomorrow night.

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found,because I suspect that men are going along this way for the last time, and I  don't want to waste the trip; maybe one day I will catch a mermaid; and finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important, but because I suspect that so m

Offline Bob_D

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • www.Fishingvermont.net
« Reply #13 on: Nov 04, 2005, 05:10 PM »
Looks like it was Dec 7th 2002. The topic was rigging tip-ups and line markers.

"I use the Mini-bobbers that HT markets for line markers. 6 for $0.99 and very easy to deal with."

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
« Reply #14 on: Nov 04, 2005, 05:40 PM »
The furthest back I could go was Dec 6, 2000 but that was under "Doug".
LoneWolf was started Oct 12, 2001.
Those who are brave are free ..

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Nov 04, 2005, 07:59 PM »
Aug. 2004...contest about addiction of ice fishing...a few of the MB guys here knew me from other sites already:

Well, last winter was my first one on the ice.

It is a blast.  For me, it is a reason to get outside and get some fresh air.  My wife isn't really interested in the cold, so it either means time alone, with some fishing buddies, or quality time with my kid(s) (depending how many  decide to come out).  Tea or hot chocolate from a thermos.  Yellow perch.  The entire experience.

There have been a lot of great replies on this thread...brought me smiles and laughs.  I think I'm gonna like it here....

Derek
http://www.mts.net/~dthille/fishing.html
-----

Any you know what, I still think I like it here...if I have one complaint it is that I don't have enough time to keep up with all the interesting stuff going on here.

Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

Offline MikePike

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I caught you a delicious pike
« Reply #16 on: Nov 04, 2005, 08:42 PM »
last dec:
 282       IceShanty Main / Ice Fishing Pictures / Re: Personal Best!       on: Dec 23, 2004, 10:18 PM
Thats a nice little baby pike, ones that size are perfect for the smoker mmmmmm Tongue

Do the leaves of trees stay greener, in the autumn, does the colour of the sun, turn crimson white? Does a shadow come between us, in the winter?

Offline Trevor

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #17 on: Nov 04, 2005, 10:21 PM »
Hmm, my first was kind of boring in retrospec :-\

November 10th, 2002

I fish trout more than any other species and have enjoyed great success without them(covers).  However on waters that are hit hard, trout may become ultra spooky(especially in the shallows) in which case light streaming down the hole may put them off. 

All I can suggest is experiment and see what works for you.....

Offline TroutFishingBear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • almost 22" cuttbow, took 6 minutes to land
« Reply #18 on: Nov 05, 2005, 01:01 AM »
I have changed slightly in my views from then to now; I use buckshot rattlespoons if the lakers are a bit more aggressive (you folks would still call them extremely neg.), and I use a tubejig on a windtipup generally.

I am also from Colorado, and I also use the three inch tubes with sucker meat. But something that works better than sucker meat is a teeny dead minnow hooked through the dorsal fin. ( Minnow can be sucker )
Also if the fish are really picky I use just the teeny sucker hooked through the dorsal fin with minimal weight.
On a stationary tip-up, I like to have a larger, 4 inch sucker or minnow.
On a wind tip-up, I like to have a shiny castmaster on a foot above and a small minnow hooked through the dorsal fin below. ( bottom )
If The fish are very aggresive I use an airplane jig with a chunk of sucker meat.
Always remember to use light weight so the lakers dont feel the pressure because they hit slow and extremely, extremely light.
Here it is without all of the text:
For normal- Use jig with small minnowhooked through dorsal fin. (2 inch)
For passive- Use just small minnow
For Aggresive- Use airplane jig and sucker chunk
Do all of these things and use tip-ups accordingly and you should catch fish in all situations.
if anybody from michigan will help me out with the lakes and stuff up here I'd really appreciate it since I'm new to the area.

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Nov 05, 2005, 09:34 AM »
i cant find my first post? mine is probably screwed up. it shows i only had 947 posts, but i have 2033, but i would have over 3000 but alot got deleted, so i have no idea what my first post was ??? i probably overloaded the system last year when i was out of work ???

grumpymoe

« Reply #20 on: Nov 05, 2005, 10:10 AM »
i cant find my first post? mine is probably screwed up. it shows i only had 947 posts, but i have 2033, but i would have over 3000 but alot got deleted, so i have no idea what my first post was ??? i probably overloaded the system last year when i was out of work ???
..........deleted Jason???.....archived!!!....see Iceshantys post earlier this thread....Grump :flex:

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Nov 05, 2005, 10:35 AM »
nope can only pull up 1825 posts out of the archives? but the first post i wrote on both were about why i picked my name and it was on the day i signed up, but a couple hours later and we all know i started posting right away ;D

trapperdirk

« Reply #22 on: Nov 05, 2005, 05:51 PM »
Dang I can't find my first ones either so that must mean over 500 and some were deleted .I must have been a very,very bad man and so the powers that be made me a mod so they can keep a closer eye on me . :-\ ;D .

TD

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Nov 05, 2005, 08:28 PM »
i cant find mine either because i let time lapse too long and had to start another profile.

MikeThePike

« Reply #24 on: Nov 05, 2005, 10:49 PM »
My first post was about the 1st IS tourney:

IceShanty Main / General Chit Chat / Re: And The Winners are ............       on: Mar 07, 2004, 12:26 AM
Congrats to all the winners....

I know I for one will not miss the deadline next year....the smallest of the 3 muskies I caught this year would have taken the big gamefish category....oh well....there's always next year....

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #25 on: Nov 06, 2005, 11:50 PM »
Neat Idea Grump, it's always nice to take a stroll down memory lane, here is my first post.
Jan/11th/05 Canada/Sask./Slip-Jigs
"Hi everyone,
Water Wolf here, glad to be a part of the Iceshanty group. I have already learned new ideas by reading the posts, hope to try them out this season.
I also hope everyone is having a great icefishing season.:)

I would like to know if anyone has ever heard of a Slip-Jigs before? I was also wondering if anyone knew where I could find them in Canada? I first heard about them when I was watching the Fishing Alberta t.v. series. I tried to contact Fishing Alberta but the on-line store was not working and no e-mail response. Any info on the slip-jigs is appreciated.
Be safe and have fun. ;)"

WW

Offline AD

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ice addict
« Reply #26 on: Nov 07, 2005, 12:11 AM »
I think this was my first post back in December of 04.      Was signing up for the tourney

James B.
LaFayette, NY

^ My location was changed has changed 3 times since then
It doesn't matter if you didn't catch anything as long as you had fun.

Offline Popsyche

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Nov 03, 2006, 10:33 PM »
What a good place for my first post! I don't get to fish enough, but, who knows, maybe this year!

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #28 on: Nov 04, 2006, 03:00 AM »
Welcome aboard Popsyche. Great spot for your first. ;)
My first post was in General topic asking most productive icefishing colors.

"Chartreuse and metallic perch. If the fish mood changes so do I ;D "

I'm missing about a hundred posts so I don't think it was my first. I originally signed in as BC Ice Adict so there would have been my first.

Offline pike4some

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GIT R DONE
« Reply #29 on: Nov 04, 2006, 07:57 AM »
My first was answering if I had use the berkly gulp baits

I don't know much on the berkley gulp, But i do use the power bait micros 2" power minnows they worked very well last year catching perch

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.