Author Topic: Dropper rig for night crappies  (Read 2218 times)

Offline rboot

• Team IceShanty Addict
Dropper rig for night crappies
« on: Feb 03, 2010, 08:36 AM »
Fished last night, had a lot of craps in every hole but just weren't active, well at least they didn't want just a jig tipped with spikes, has anyone ever tried using a dropper rig for them, or anything else, suggestions?
<br />Ice Fish Vermont

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
Re: Dropper rig for night crappies
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2010, 05:33 PM »
Sometimes the plain hook and bait will work better.  A lot of my spoons are dropper rigged, sometimes I get fish to bite on the lure and no hook ups.  Most of the times, they take the bait.  No dropper rigs for plain hardware.  Reaction bites are usually aggressive.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline mk_bovee

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Dropper rig for night crappies
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2010, 06:46 PM »
i have found that crappies USUALLY (read= in my experience) want minnows after the sun goes down.   to this day i cant buy a bite with waxies or spikes after sundown.   seems they want the big hunks of meat when it gets dark      LOL

i usually just fish them on a moonglow jig, with one splitshot about 12" over the jig, and a slip bobber.   wheni can find them, i slay the crappies with that particular rig.
dont take life too seriously, you'll never get out of it alive                                            team broke azz

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.