The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Hog Island Report 3/11/15  (Read 357 times)

Offline jbritch

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hog Island Report 3/11/15
« on: Mar 12, 2015, 06:17 AM »
We couldn't decide whether to go yesterday 'cause the weather looked bad down here but we finally got on the ice at 11:00.  The breeze was a steady 5 mph, not too bad, but there's lots of water on top of the ice, some places over your ankles.  At least it's rushing down the holes this time. Bite started very slow again (we were on the same holes as 2 days ago) but my girlfriend kept pulling them in and the flags were going sometimes 2 at a time; hers were a little smaller than the nice 10 inchers that I pulled in on the tip-ups.  The hottest hole was the one that had the most water rushing down it.  Watch out out there; I found a ten-inch hole (thought those were outlawed?) and with the water rushing down it it was much bigger, bad news.  And getting off near shore was funky, we sank through to our knees and she got scared.  The drive on will be tricky unless it freezes over the next couple of days, stones were showing through.  We got the same 1/3 of a pail by 3:30 and had some for supper.  She's as good at cooking 'em as she is at catching them.

Offline Smelty88

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Hog Island Report 3/11/15
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2015, 07:12 AM »
looks yummy
Think I'm gettin abite my flag's twitchin
twitter@wefishing2day IG: Smelty88

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.