The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Conditions for oakledge access?  (Read 620 times)

Offline NHHARDWATER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • -Aaron-
Conditions for oakledge access?
« on: Mar 10, 2015, 11:49 AM »
Can anyone report back on the snow depth and ice thickness conditions for the access near oakledge? Wondering about 4 wheeler or small truck accessible out onto the lake?
Thank you.
Chasing Ice

Offline shiveringjoe

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Conditions for oakledge access?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 10, 2015, 12:25 PM »
If you want to access at oakledge you definitely can't drive a truck to the ice and I would assume you aren't supposed to take a wheeler through the park. I haven't been there in two weeks but it might be possible to bring a wheeler out from the shelburne bay launch.

Offline NHHARDWATER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • -Aaron-
« Reply #2 on: Mar 10, 2015, 01:16 PM »
Crap. Thanks for the info fellas.
Chasing Ice

Offline 802spinnerbait

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fishing nerd
« Reply #3 on: Mar 11, 2015, 06:27 PM »
There was someone moving out along Shelburne Shoal off the point by the buoy today...I was sitting in my office wishing I could be plugging holes out there off Proctor Shoal.  :o

That said - I access the Burlington Marina pretty easy but again that pressure crack takes some navigation skills. Easiest way looks to be from Shelburne Bay Launch as suggested above if your using wheels and by wheels I mean 4 wheeler only and even I am not that crazy.  The ice makes so much noise in front of Burlington it will make a veteran pucker. lol 
Last I checked I walked all the way to Juniper>Shelburne Shoal>Back to Burlington Marina, 2-3 weeks ago and there was 12 plus in spots.

Good luck -  I will be in this area and maybe try lone rock point if its a nice day for a walk .

B

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 11, 2015, 08:33 PM »
Walked off today and it was not fun at all. Shorelines flooded and ice was down to 8" in some spots. Pressure crack was halfway turned into a river as well. Would not recommend it!

Offline NHHARDWATER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • -Aaron-
« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2015, 05:38 AM »
yikes. thanks for the update. I have to admit Spinnerbait, I'm jealous of the view from your office!
I'm not hell bent on taking wheels out or even trying to cross that crack on foot for that matter. Ive never been out from that area, just trying to scout out some new water before the seasons out. I appreciate all the reports. Headed to the NEK this weekend for some walleye and yellas. Good luck to you guys.
Chasing Ice

Offline seayaknh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 12, 2015, 09:31 PM »
If you go there, park in the back lot or in legal parking on Flynn Ave.  I recently got a $75 parking ticket for parking near the access on a day in January with no one there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.