The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Champlain Trip 2012!1 (pics included)  (Read 721 times)

Offline CJiceaddict

• Team IceShanty Addict
Champlain Trip 2012!1 (pics included)
« on: Jan 24, 2012, 08:10 AM »
What a great trip we had this year. After getting everything packed and set Thursday night we worked half day Friday and planned to head up to the lake in the late afternoon. First we swung by Steve's Bait in North Hartland and picked up some AWESOME pike bait. He had  some of the best stuff I've seen in awhile! I think it definatly helped too because we were into pike pretty much all weekend! We got to the place and decided to fish Kelly's bay on Saturday. Got there at dark Saturday morning and found we were the only ones taking wheelers on- everyone else just drove out! (were not brave enough yet!) Fished shallow in the reeds and had an awesome day! The big fish was my wife who pulled a 35inch northern! We had one other 32, too many 30's and a bunch in the 20's. I would say too we only landed 1/2 of the fish we had on, lost a ton bringing them in. I got one small hybrid pike at the end of the day. We got home that night and everyone was beat, the gear was wet/frozen so we decided it would be good to fish behind the house in the gut on Sunday. Started really slow but picked up at about 11. big fish was the wife again with a 33 incher. one 32, a few 30's and a bunch under 25. Also got into dink perch as fast as you could jig them- really fun for us as we aren't really serious jig fisherman. You could look down the hole and watch them take the jigs and catch them. Ended up still getting to watch the 4th quarter of the pats game. We were really beat after day 2 and were heading home the next day but packed the truck pretty carefully as we wanted to stop and fish the sandbar for 1/2 day before heading down. When we got up, the wind was blowing but not too bad at the house- when we got to the sandbar at 9- after we had packed up and cleaned the house and left, the wind was really brutal. We decided we had 2 really good days and going out for a 1/2 day in that wind in a new spot wasn't going to be a ton of fun. All in all, our Lake Champlain trip was a great time!!

All ready to go Friday night

The wifes big one (personal best for her!)

One I got on Saturday that wasn't too shabby

The Hybrid

End of the day

Big fish sunday

Offline coldsteel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Champlain Trip 2012!1 (pics included)
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2012, 08:15 AM »
sounds like you had a banner trip nice pics andcongrats to the wife for catching her PB
I Chase Toothy Critters!!!!

Offline stevesb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2012, 08:43 AM »
Doesn't get any better than that, CJ!!!  Thanks for sharing the pictures and very happy for the Mrs.! Can we get some pics for the shop??

Offline 1Badboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2012, 08:47 AM »
great report and pics !

Offline CJiceaddict

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2012, 08:47 AM »
Doesn't get any better than that, CJ!!!  Thanks for sharing the pictures and very happy for the Mrs.! Can we get some pics for the shop??

Absolutely! I'll be sure to bring some by soon!

Offline WildFisherWomanVT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2012, 08:51 AM »
Nice trip! Good to catch a bunch while you were out! Nice jobs.
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.