The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Bomoseen Topo maps???  (Read 3471 times)

Offline Open-Handed Fish Slap

• Team IceShanty Regular
Bomoseen Topo maps???
« on: Jan 23, 2012, 12:10 PM »
My buddies and I are planning a trip up in late Feb.  First time heading that way, just looking for some help.  Is there a reason I cannot find a depth chart anywhere online?  Does anyone know where to get one?
It's like tailgating with the possibility of catching a fish!

Offline NoFishInThisLake

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Bomoseen Topo maps???
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2012, 01:03 PM »
Open-Hand, if you are going to come on the 18th-19th, be prepared to face a lot of other fishermen. There is a tournament that weekend and the lake is covered with folks - thicker than hair on a dog. You may want to get there on Friday to stake out a spot. Although that won't stop people from setting up righ on top of you.(Or stay though the holiday on Monday - you will have the lake to yourself).

I never have seen a depth chart of Bomo. Basically, things drop off pretty quick from shore. You can be in 30 feet of water, not 50 yards from shore. Depending on what kind of weed bed you are on, you can usually fish pike/bass and trout out of the same location.

I hear that the best spots are around Neshobe Island and the drop off around the fishing access.

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Love IceFishing for SMELT,PERCH,BLUEGILLS,CRAPPIE,
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2012, 01:04 PM »
I fish bomo allot and you should read the post i put on today about Big slammer perch . but i have never seen online map of Bomo either i do have a paper map and i think they still have those maps around in the local area . Give Robbie a call at tom's bait shop in castleton there number is 802-265-8654 he should be able to point you in the right direction.. good luck
I do all types of fishing; but I am Die hard Ice angler.
I love Ice Fishing the lakes of Rutland County. Recently moved to NY and now will be Ice fishing the Lakes Of New York.

Offline Open-Handed Fish Slap

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2012, 01:30 PM »
We are coming up the weekend after the tourney.  After I talk to the guy that booked the house I may pm you guys for some tips regarding the area of the lake he has us staying, if that's ok.  I appreciate your help thus far!
It's like tailgating with the possibility of catching a fish!

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Love IceFishing for SMELT,PERCH,BLUEGILLS,CRAPPIE,
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2012, 08:15 PM »
give me a shout... take care
I do all types of fishing; but I am Die hard Ice angler.
I love Ice Fishing the lakes of Rutland County. Recently moved to NY and now will be Ice fishing the Lakes Of New York.

Offline Fish-On-VT

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Duff Shack!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2012, 08:16 PM »
Toms Bait & Tackle... There is only a printed copy & no electronic versions

Tip Up !!! :tipup:

Offline NoFishInThisLake

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2012, 09:31 AM »
You may want to enter the Great Benson tournament that weekend. Most guys fish out of Champlain, but there are pike and trout in Bomo that would hit the board in that tournament too.

Feel free to PM me. If you have the address of the house you are renting, I know the lake well and probably be able to tell you what you are dealing with for territory around where you are set up.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.