The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Magog islands?  (Read 784 times)

Offline articcat54

• Team IceShanty Regular
Magog islands?
« on: Jan 23, 2012, 10:26 AM »
Just wondering how much ice is up by the islands. Is it safe enough to drive on?  How has the jiggin action been?   Thanks for any info

Offline Relheok

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Swamp Yankee
Re: Magog islands?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2012, 01:57 PM »
Tons of ice up there, trucks all over it

Offline dewdude

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2012, 06:19 PM »
A friend of mine went out Saturday and said there was about 5 in. of ice in some spots

Offline Fishin_Legacy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2012, 06:26 PM »
Not sure about the islands but there was 11" of ice at strawberry acres on saturday, and lots of trucks on the ice.

Offline dewdude

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2012, 06:26 PM »
sorry that was willoughby. i went to the islands sat,got on at eagles point and drove my car out to the far left island.good 14 in of ice and the perch were hittin real good

Offline NEK

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2012, 06:58 PM »
sorry that was willoughby. i went to the islands sat,got on at eagles point and drove my car out to the far left island.good 14 in of ice and the perch were hittin real good

Mind tellin us how deep the fish were? It would sure be appreciated. I have been having a tough time finding the right depth to fish I guess. Just catching a few dink perch in south bay and off of strawberry pt.
  Thanks,
  Warren
Warren

Offline articcat54

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2012, 07:52 AM »
Thanks alot guys appreciate the info I come up that way once a year my cousin lives in montgomery and we did pretty well on the smelt last year out by the far island, hopefully we can do the same this year. We wil be up in feburary maybe we could meet some of you guys.

Offline dewdude

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 24, 2012, 07:28 PM »
i was using a Halie's with a perch eye on it,i usually let it hit bottom then go one or two reels up. sometimes it wouldn't even get to the bottom and i would get a hit

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.