The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Slow day on Joe's Pond  (Read 1415 times)

Offline fishysmell

• IceShanty Rookie
Slow day on Joe's Pond
« on: Jan 22, 2012, 07:53 AM »
Fished with Drakeman70 Saturday. Cold and slow, we managed to catch a couple small pickeral and a few perch.

It was nice meeting you Drakeman70, hopefully the fishing will be better next time.

Offline 1Badboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Slow day on Joe's Pond
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2012, 10:48 AM »
its usually always pretty slow for me there  :-\
last couple years seem to have been worse , wonder if there are any trout left with the pike in there ...

Offline fishysmell

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2012, 12:16 PM »
its usually always pretty slow for me there  :-\
last couple years seem to have been worse , wonder if there are any trout left with the pike in there ...

I had no idea there was pike in there.

Offline 1Badboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2012, 02:19 PM »
ya watched a guy catch a 30" a few weekends back and see a 13 pdr caught there this summer...

Offline fishysmell

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2012, 05:24 PM »
Illegal stocking ??? ???

Offline NEK Woodsman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2012, 07:19 PM »
never seen a pike pulled from there, and i fish there quite a bit in the winter.... doesn't mean they aren't in there i guess! Ive had lots of luck icing trout out of there though.  My buddy landed a nice 33" 11lb laker this saturday, and another pulled out a 5 lb brown.  It can be slow as can be there though...
Hunt deer and catch fish...

Offline Drakeman70

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2012, 08:39 PM »
It was nice meeting you too fishysmell.  Even though we didn't catch a lot it was still a fun day. 

Offline mcfarland10

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2012, 07:42 AM »
Fished from 2pm to dark and caught over 40 perch on Joes this past Saturday.

Offline 1Badboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2012, 03:12 PM »
never seen a pike pulled from there, and i fish there quite a bit in the winter.... doesn't mean they aren't in there i guess! Ive had lots of luck icing trout out of there though.  My buddy landed a nice 33" 11lb laker this saturday, and another pulled out a 5 lb brown.  It can be slow as can be there though...

sounds like you may fish a part of the part that pike dont inhabit , maybe  ???
i dont blame you if you dont answer  but what part of the pond do you fish ?
the pike i ve seen caught are by the access...

Offline vtbuckrulrss

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 23, 2012, 03:24 PM »
many times the pike come from the Hardwick side of the pond, up by the swamps.  have to be careful though of where the river comes in.
Silly rookies, traps are for animals!!  Tilts are for kids!!  Fishermen use tip ups!

Offline NEK Woodsman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 24, 2012, 06:05 PM »
sounds like you may fish a part of the part that pike dont inhabit , maybe  ???
i dont blame you if you dont answer  but what part of the pond do you fish ?
the pike i ve seen caught are by the access...

I fish outta shacks by the access and set up anywhere from right there to way out.  Seen lots of fish taken from Joes but no Pike.  I like to think Ive fished most of it.  Wouldnt be surprised to see a gator in there.  You got a shanty out there this year?  I never put mine out as I have a 2nd kid coming in March and dont want to be frigging around with a shanty around that time.  I'll just fish from my buddys.  Hoping to be there this saturday, sun up to sun down.  Was at Great Averill last weekend....
Hunt deer and catch fish...

Offline 1Badboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 25, 2012, 06:33 AM »
I fish outta shacks by the access and set up anywhere from right there to way out.  Seen lots of fish taken from Joes but no Pike.  I like to think Ive fished most of it.  Wouldnt be surprised to see a gator in there.  You got a shanty out there this year?  I never put mine out as I have a 2nd kid coming in March and dont want to be frigging around with a shanty around that time.  I'll just fish from my buddys.  Hoping to be there this saturday, sun up to sun down.  Was at Great Averill last weekend....

yep
i bet you ve seen me up there , cause i m usually right there and thats where i see the guy catch the pike too...i usually have my little girl with me up there , its close and easy for her to catch shrimpy perch  ;D

Offline mcfarland10

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 25, 2012, 02:51 PM »
We were along left side of pond from boat launch about 1/2 way between boat launch and Island

Offline Billy Dance

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 25, 2012, 07:27 PM »
ya watched a guy catch a 30" a few weekends back and see a 13 pdr caught there this summer...

when i cut that one up it had a 8in perch in its gut, i caught that on a smelt to.  Just goes to show u they will eat alot better set up for them and catch them out of there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.