Author Topic: Dead River-Marquette  (Read 1642 times)

Offline browning13

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Can't get enough of the hardwater
Dead River-Marquette
« on: Jan 22, 2008, 10:57 AM »
Has anyone iced fished the dead river in Marquette? I know theres some big pike in there and have heard of guys fishing it. I drove down by the power plant and everything south of the bridge was locked up. I don't know where the guys were fishing but the rivers close by and I thought about giving it a try.

Offline srobocop

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Dead River-Marquette
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2008, 12:56 PM »
i think i've heard of people fishing it just off the bridge on 510, which i think would be the mcclure dam(?) and the forestvile dam(three lakes) would be worth a try too.
-Sro
"I ain't from Michigan, I'm from the U.P."

Offline Handlining Rules

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2008, 05:46 PM »
Just remember guys that there is a lot of flowing water in those areas....I would recommend Autrain for a good perch pike and walleye fishery..but just remember to check the water levels because sometimes they raise or lower it.

Offline srobocop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2008, 07:57 PM »
yeah thats the main reason i haven't fished it, i'm sketched out by the dead river system in the winter.
-Sro
"I ain't from Michigan, I'm from the U.P."

Offline z714x4play

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2008, 12:23 PM »
my buddie goes to NMU and fishes it he only got a coupple small northerns through the ice but he has only been on it once, but in the fall he got a bunch of eyes, and a BIG northern over 40".
YOU MIGHT BE FROM MICHIGAN IF...
1. if you define summer as 3 months of bad sledding.
2. if you've ever experienced frostbite and sunburn in the same week.
3. if your favorite holiday's are Christmas, Thanksgiving, and the first day of deer season

Offline bottom fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 06, 2008, 07:35 PM »
yeah thats the main reason i haven't fished it, i'm sketched out by the dead river system in the winter.
YEAH I hear ya srobocop ! The entire dead river system has not been the same since the "flood". The water in all areas was still kind of "murky" this past fall. There is still a lot of nice fish in there though.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.