Author Topic: U P Gold  (Read 1818 times)

Offline woody63

• IceShanty Rookie
U P Gold
« on: Mar 10, 2016, 09:56 AM »
Headed to the Central UP for a long weekend of Walleye fishing before the close of white mans season, I hear the fish are putting on the feed bag. Gonna be a great weekend to be on the ice, fishing, grilling and a few adult beverages. I will post a report later,,,, tight lines
You cant have everything,,,where would you put it

Offline steeliebob

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: U P Gold
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2016, 08:14 AM »
You might want to reconsider and look at the reports of bad ice. Munoscong is having a tournament this weekend I don't know if they will have it.

Offline mjbuck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 11, 2016, 12:29 PM »
Yes, good luck with that. I say  that sarcastically, because as far as I know there is NO safe ice anywhere in the western U.P.  right now. I've been hearing it on the radio from the DNR reports to stay off the ice.  Come to think of it though, I did see shanties on Chassell Bay yesterday, but one source tells me it won't be long before that ice is off limits too.  Well, good luck if you are able to fish, but please be careful.  A fish isn't worth dying for. 

Offline tazdevil300

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 11, 2016, 06:10 PM »
still a foot on Gogebic and going there too

Offline woody63

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 28, 2016, 06:27 PM »
Late report but here it is. We had 15 inches of good clear ice under 3 inches of crap, sleds and quads everywhere and we used a side by side there was plenty of ice then. The eyes were snapping but many shorts between 14 and 15. Not sure how many we ended up with but I think 29 total, we were with some Indians. Also got 7 perch on tip ups with the 2 biggest 14 inches. Before you start slamming Indians we did not get limits, it was 29 between about 8 guys, a great trip and great weather Saturday the 12th
You cant have everything,,,where would you put it

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.