Author Topic: Stuck in Marquette for about a month, need some help!  (Read 620 times)

Offline rico1391

• IceShanty Rookie
     Ok, without going into too much detail, I have a newborn that is sick and I will be in Marquette for about a month.  Hopefully he will improve enough that I can get away for a morning or an afternoon here and there soon.  I brought my rods, plus I have my Lowrance, a camera and a hand auger with me.  I live in the Sault and we don't have many gills and zero crappie in the area, and I'd love to get on some. 
    I need some help on where I can go, I don't mind working to drill some holes, but because of time constraints and the fact I only have a car over here, I need somewhere close (30 minutes tops) to Marquette, but also accessible by car.  Any and all help is appreciated, and obviously I'd go for other species as well.
Thanks!

Offline Chris Raymond

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lifelong Outdoorsman
Re: Stuck in Marquette for about a month, need some help!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2013, 08:05 AM »
I don't know much about fishing the MQT area but I wish your son and family all the best as you face those medical challenges. 
Chris Raymond

Offline big bobber

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • cant fish during the day...learn to fish at night
Re: Stuck in Marquette for about a month, need some help!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2013, 10:50 AM »
soory about your little one...if you are in mqt..the best places are towards ishpeming...about 30 min...greenwood res...but thats a vast area...if you just want some perch/pike action to ease your mind...go to the pond on county rd 550 towards big bay...you will pass phils 55o store...the about 2 miles up there is 2 ponds...one right next to highway(thats not the one)...take a left going towards narris gravel pits...you will see the pond on your left...if you get to the junkyard you passed it....waxies,wigs,and minnows. @)
i just know they will bite if i stay another hour.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.