Author Topic: Teal Lake  (Read 1135 times)

Offline dutch 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • There's no fish in this lake.
Teal Lake
« on: Dec 15, 2011, 03:18 PM »
Hey guys,I was planning a trip towards the end of Jan. with my wife up to Teal Lake.I was wondering if any of you guys up north have fished it and what I could expect.We are viting friends up there and they're not much help on this lake.Any advice?Thanks
Any day I get to play with my auger is a good day!

Offline browning13

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Can't get enough of the hardwater
Re: Teal Lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2011, 03:35 PM »
there are some nice fish in the lake but its usually a dead sea out there in the winter. If you're willing to drive there are some other lakes close by that have some great fishing :tipup:

Offline dutch 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2011, 03:52 PM »
Thanks Browning for the heads up on "the dead sea" ,well they are staying close bye and I am doing as much recon that I can,I know it's still a month away but some info is better than no info.Do you recommend any lakes within ,say 30 min from there.I target perch ,walleye,some pannies,and the occasional pike.I really would like to get on the walleye tho.

Offline browning13

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Can't get enough of the hardwater
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2011, 04:11 PM »
Thanks Browning for the heads up on "the dead sea" ,well they are staying close bye and I am doing as much recon that I can,I know it's still a month away but some info is better than no info.Do you recommend any lakes within ,say 30 min from there.I target perch ,walleye,some pannies,and the occasional pike.I really would like to get on the walleye tho.
I would check out swcheitzers or greenwood res. they're both within a 15-20min drive

Offline MichiganMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2011, 04:31 PM »
Sporley lake or big and little shags lake by Guinn are good bets. Greenwood can get very mushy and swietzer is pretty hit and mis in my humble opinion.
   Good luck.
It's more important to be nice, than it is nice to be important.

Offline berg285

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 15, 2011, 08:26 PM »
lake independence up in Bigbay could be an option for you also its about 45 min drive.  :tipup:

Offline dutch 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 2011, 03:40 PM »
Awesome info guys,very much appreciated.Hopefully there's a bunch of ice and snow for the sleds(Lake Independence looks huge)among the others.Now the fun begins,trying to find out where the fish hang out,lol   Thanks again!Todd

Offline big bobber

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • cant fish during the day...learn to fish at night
« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2011, 08:05 AM »
lake independance has been relly slow in the winter for years...and its a long drive.if you want sme suggestions...hit the inland lakes in gwinn...there are probably 30 of them with descent fishing.i.e...big shag,shag,bass,pike,little lake,engman lake,sporely,trout,big trout...and more...all are within close range of gwinn...send me a message when you get here and i will tell you what i know about the bite....share some spots ....maybe..lol!
i just know they will bite if i stay another hour.

Offline dutch 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 17, 2011, 01:31 PM »
BB that sounds good to me ,just have to clear it with the better half.In the meantime I will be doin as much recon as I can,when the date gets closer I'l pm ya with my # .Thanks again fellas

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.