Author Topic: New Exciting Products  (Read 10045 times)

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
Re: New Exciting Products
« Reply #30 on: Oct 18, 2006, 10:05 AM »
Where did ya get it? i would love to see it.
   Just google ice well.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #31 on: Oct 18, 2006, 11:37 AM »
Something improved that I forgot about is the Ice Team ICe Suit, they made some fabric changes to it along with a new colour, I know some of the previous complaints were that it was onyl available in Blue...Now Grey as well

http://www.clamcorp.com/icearmor.html

crowkiller

« Reply #32 on: Oct 18, 2006, 04:11 PM »
All VEX here...  :-*
ill stick with my Lawrance x67c ice machine any day it has more features for less money  ;D

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #33 on: Oct 19, 2006, 11:54 AM »
Where was the Frabill siren light seen at I don't see on there web site

It's on their website under new ice products. I think it is the last thing they list.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline MikeMunn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag!
« Reply #34 on: Oct 20, 2006, 01:28 AM »
i own 2 marcums. an LX-3 and an LX-5. i bought the lx-3 before last year and decided to go with the marcum from the research i did on here ...i decided the marcum suited me best for suspended fish applications like crappies and lakers. to me it was all about the zoom and being able to adjust it in the water column. my lx-5 i bought only because a great deal was proposed to me. you cant really go wrong with any of these sonar units as long as you do a little research to see what best applies to your style of fishing...hope this helps
Scott, I hope the Maine guys don't see you calling them "lakers"...LOL   ;D

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
« Reply #35 on: Oct 20, 2006, 07:39 AM »

I was on Marcum's site and saw a new camera .. the VS-250. I went to one of their retail websites and see it's selling for around $160. That is a great price for an underwater camera.
I contacted Marcum and thay explained it's comparable to the VS-400 that had sold for $300 but at this price it should open up the world of underwater viewing to all.  :thumbsup:

Those who are brave are free ..

PIKEGUY

« Reply #36 on: Oct 20, 2006, 08:23 AM »
So now everybody is going to push Marcums?  ???  Funny how times change

CSP88

« Reply #37 on: Oct 20, 2006, 08:30 AM »
So now everybody is going to push Marcums?  ???  Funny how times change

You have to make the sponsors happy.  ;)

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Oct 20, 2006, 08:32 AM »

You have to make the sponsors happy.  ;)

isnt that why we paid to join the militia, to help keep sponsors down ???

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #39 on: Oct 20, 2006, 08:35 AM »
c'mon guys you have been around long enough to know that many of us have had marcums well before marcum became a sponsor   ::)  does that mean we cant say that we like them...thats ridiculous  >:(  dig up some old posts and start checking dates before you start slinging mud

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #40 on: Oct 20, 2006, 08:38 AM »
isnt that why we paid to join the militia, to help keep sponsors down ???

actually i think it was to help keep Iceshanty up  :-\

Offline ifishhi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Oct 20, 2006, 08:39 AM »
yup i have one of the marcum hand helds, but it doesn't work too good :-\

M.P.H.C. freedomfighter #000004

flockshot

« Reply #42 on: Oct 20, 2006, 08:39 AM »
hmmm...i wonder if the avatar with the vex will change now..LOL.

PIKEGUY

« Reply #43 on: Oct 20, 2006, 08:43 AM »
c'mon guys you have been around long enough to know that many of us have had marcums well before marcum became a sponsor   ::)  does that mean we cant say that we like them...thats ridiculous  >:(  dig up some old posts and start checking dates before you start slinging mud

But you have to realize that in looking at posts since Marcum became a sponsor...alot of mods have posted what great products they are, and that's not to say they didn't believe it in the first place..it just looks so "fake". I understand the way it works, but it's just after a few years of the shanty being one way, it's hard to swallow the "commercialization" But I will say this, business is business.

flockshot

« Reply #44 on: Oct 20, 2006, 08:48 AM »
im not trying to stir up stuff for the sake of stiring up stuff..but i asked what flashers i should look for...not one mod even mentioned vexlar's...like pikeguy i understand sponsors and backing their products since they back the site..but when somebody asks for honest opinions..it seems funny.

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Oct 20, 2006, 08:48 AM »
i dont have a problem with sponsors in the least, heck im a NASCAR fan :D

the question comes in to those that dont like marcum, what happens if they bad mouth the product and talk up another on a site that is sponsored by marcum ??? i for onr do not have this product or the competitors so i have no input, but in the instance of a sponsor that is promoting a product i or other have had bad experiances with, can we share our bad experiances ???

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #46 on: Oct 20, 2006, 08:53 AM »
If you have a problem with Marcum, then by all means lets hear it...no one is restricted in any way other than forum rules you all agreed to when you joined. I think some are just looking for it  :-\  Marcum has signed on as a sponsor, and thats between scott and them...there are no rules. We gain nothing by pushing their products.
They bought ad space period .I think if you look to see the ones who are saying good things about them are the ones who have them...and they dont seem to be saying bad things about the others...i see the same old Iceshanty before me

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Oct 20, 2006, 08:58 AM »
thats all i was asking, i by no means have a problem with marcum, but i wanted to make sure if i did have a problem with a sponsor someone wouldnt get into trouble for speaking there .02 about the product without worrying about the sponsor pulling or scott getting mad :-\ :tipup:

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Oct 20, 2006, 09:01 AM »
im not trying to stir up stuff for the sake of stiring up stuff..but i asked what flashers i should look for...not one mod even mentioned vexlar's...like pikeguy i understand sponsors and backing their products since they back the site..but when somebody asks for honest opinions..it seems funny.

If you reread the post that I put, I asked you questions as to what types of fish you normally go after and responded accordingly. I also posted this: 

If you mostly fished walleye, perch, and panfish and liked to zoom in on those types of fish where they are normally near the bottom, both the vexilars zoom models and the Marcum zoom models would do well for you.
Since you said you mostly fish for crappies and ciscoes, I gave you my opinion as to what flasher I thought would best suit those needs.
Ken                                          

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
« Reply #49 on: Oct 20, 2006, 09:07 AM »
But you have to realize that in looking at posts since Marcum became a sponsor...alot of mods have posted what great products they are, and that's not to say they didn't believe it in the first place..it just looks so "fake". I understand the way it works, but it's just after a few years of the shanty being one way, it's hard to swallow the "commercialization" But I will say this, business is business.

Before everyone goes off on commercialization maybe you should read the title of this thread.  My post was to inform our members of an affordable camera. 

I've given unbiased reviews of sponsored and non sponored items for years .. do a search. The entire concept behind it is to help people make an informed decision. Everyone here tries to help one another.
I've been on here for about eight years and in that time I haven't seen IceShanty bias any product either way and we will continue to do the same. There are many members on here who have Marcum products and have had them years before they were sponsors.
A perfect example would be if Clam came on board. I've used FishTraps for probably close to twenty years and I've posted things related to that. Now would IS be accused of commercialization because it's a good product ? I hope not.

Those who are brave are free ..

flockshot

« Reply #50 on: Oct 20, 2006, 09:14 AM »
like i said..i wasnt trying to stir the pot..and bean your right ...you did mention both. ill check them both out tomorrow when i go shopping. who carries marcum..vex's are everywhere..but ive yet to see a marcum dealer?

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #51 on: Oct 20, 2006, 09:19 AM »
well said Slipbob... ;)  you still running that broken down outdated vex?  :D

hehe...i havent even used my LX-5 through the ice yet!

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Oct 20, 2006, 09:25 AM »
Flockshot,  If you want to see both Marcum and Vexilar flashers side by side, run to Frank's Great Outdoors in Linwood. They have several models available for you to choose from.
Ken                                          

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #53 on: Oct 20, 2006, 09:29 AM »
You better watch it or I'll be in Maine this winter knockin on the door of your "crappie shack" with my "outdated" vex and a bucket of slabs looking for some of that grilled road kill venison that I know you'll have cooking in there.   ;D 

come on over anytime!! crappie shack is always open but the crappie only bite when im there!  ;)  bring some of that NY perch and well get a hockey game going too   ;D 

Offline The Darkness

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Oct 20, 2006, 10:19 AM »
well said Slipbob... ;)  you still running that broken down outdated vex?  :D

hehe...i havent even used my LX-5 through the ice yet!

I got mine last year right as we got ice here.  My first flasher. It was fantastic. You are going to love it.
Now...... I also just picked up an FL-20 Ultra Pack.... (I'm a sucker for gadgets...)
I haven't used it on open or hard water yet. (come on ice!!!)
Hopefully I'll be able to give an unbiased opinion as to the pros  / cons (that I personally find) with each unit before ice end.

WORK is that annoying time between FISHING TRIPS

Offline icetechy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Give him room Brodie"
« Reply #55 on: Oct 20, 2006, 01:24 PM »
I tell ya I have a set of Cabela's Guide Series bibs and I love em but if I didn't just purchase them last season I would seriously look at purchasing the ICE-ESENTIALS from Strikemaster.  Looks like a quality set-up, matches my LX-5, and the price is right too.
Tim Rogers

Offline JigAwhopper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • addicted to ICE
« Reply #56 on: Oct 20, 2006, 03:16 PM »
I had my FL-18 for the last 5 years and absolutely love it, it was the best investment I ever made.  I'm sure that Marcum is a great machine as well,  but I had no opportunity of using one so I have no opinion.  They both can accomplish same thing in a very much the same way.  Personally,  I think that Vex is running much older technology that sells for the same price as Marcum,  and that movable zoom with fine line technology sounds very interesting,  but I had no problem catching fish before with my Vex so whatever.  The only thing I wish they would improve upon is the interference rejection feature because it don't work too well.  Just my two cents                     J

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.