Author Topic: Zebco Slab Seeker Reel  (Read 2446 times)

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
Zebco Slab Seeker Reel
« on: Oct 25, 2006, 07:16 PM »
I was talking to my local shop owner the other day, asing when I can expect the ice gear to hit the shelves, he says all he has currently is a zebco slab seeker, I remember seeing this thing last year and from the dust on the box he pulled out, I dont know if I actaully have to ask this question...BUT...Anyon e use one of these reels and if so what did you think?

For those who have not seen them, they have a pin you can click into place once you find the depth the fish are biting at. Interesting idea, just wondering if it works

Offline brujharr

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Zebco Slab Seeker Reel
« Reply #1 on: Oct 26, 2006, 10:38 PM »
Heard of them, never seen one, store or actually out fishing! One, can set the depth, easier , with different ways! Can,t imagine dealing with that little pin in cold weather!  ???

Offline Travis

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Bait?
Re: Zebco Slab Seeker Reel
« Reply #2 on: Oct 27, 2006, 12:22 AM »
I have only seen one once before.  Never used one though.  They have a spinning and spincast reel with the depth set. 
 The reel can be seen here:  http://www.zebco.com/images2/SLDL20.jpg
You can see the pin that sets the line.  All you do is slide the pin up, and it stops the line.  I guess you couldn't overfill your spool, or fish in very shallow water and use it without hitting your line?  I'd imagine a rubber band would work just fine.
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day.  But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.