Author Topic: Crazy idea for producing free electricity in my shanty, Give me your thaughts!  (Read 1839 times)

Offline bestoned

• IceShanty Rookie
Since i fish in salt water im thinking of making a large salt water batterie. I have looked at it on the net and here is what would explain it the best.

I would modify the concept to fit a 8 inch diameter hole and imerge it to the proper depth that contains enough salt for it to function at optimal capacity.
I want to name it a salt water immersion battery   lollll
Here is how i will build this
2 foot 4 inch pvc pipe
copper welding rods
galvanized welding rod
wires and solder and gun
Not to forget electrical tape.
So here goes imagine a giant game of kerplunk were the sticks do not touch or go through to the other side (they all stick out in the middle of pvc pipe).
You weld wire in series going copper to galvanized back to copper a so fourth ending by galvanized this all the way up the 2 foot pipe and 360 degrees around.
If you see in this video you can see the persone supplying a 12v 1 amp led light.

That should be good for the shanty at least I think so and if I am able to crank out enough power why not try to keep my batterie bank charged?
What do you think????

If there is no ice fishing in heaven,
I'm not going!!!!!!!

Offline osiris

• Team IceShanty Regular
it would be ausome if it worked as planned, except the pvc possibly getting froze in plus u dont have to have a solar pannel hanging outside to get taken

Offline d4ng3r3ux

• Team IceShanty Regular
Any news on your projet?

Offline bestoned

• IceShanty Rookie
Have not worked on this one I am installing windmills using radiator fans.  ;D

If there is no ice fishing in heaven,
I'm not going!!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.