Author Topic: Fishing at Anse St Jean in Sageunay fjord  (Read 6792 times)

Offline dabluz

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Fishing at Anse St Jean in Sageunay fjord
« Reply #30 on: Mar 08, 2012, 10:01 PM »
Wow that is very cool
we don't have anything like that out west here
I might have to consider a trip out there
What are your guys season dates and licence fees for Non residents
Or does anybody have a link to your Regs
And where would the closest lodging be

If you do come, send me a message and I will be there too, to show you the ropes.  It's always nice to be able to do something different or go somewhere a bit exotic but often the first trip turns into a disaster because of unforeseen circumstances like; equipment, bait, not getting exactly what you expect, language, where to go, what to do, etc etc.

Offline The Cod Father

• IceShanty Rookie
  • We Know Where They Live
« Reply #31 on: Mar 08, 2012, 10:52 PM »
That would be great
Whats a safe time to book out there Mid January to Mid Febuary
Pending I guess if its a normal winter?
You come to me on this day of my daughters Wedding, And ask me to go fishing....Well O.K LETS GO

Offline bestoned

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Mar 09, 2012, 04:32 PM »
This information is for both Steven and The Cod Father. First there is no license needed federal rules apply for salt water fishing (not provincial regulation!)
http://www.qc.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/peches-fisheries/recreative-recreational/pecheblanche-icefishing-eng.asp
The Cod Father:
Best time to come is anywhere from mid January (as long as ice is at least 12 inches thick), to end of Febuary (official closing date is march 6th but depending on association dates change).
And when you do decide to come contact me it will be a pleasure for me to lodge you and show you the ropes shanty included. Dabluz sorry but my pictures speak my results for them selves( I limit out almost every day)!!!   ;D   just bugging you!

If there is no ice fishing in heaven,
I'm not going!!!!!!!

Offline steven girard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Mar 09, 2012, 07:20 PM »
Bestoned,,this information is for resident, not for no-resident!
I was going to break a world record when the clock rang.....

Offline bestoned

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Mar 10, 2012, 12:37 AM »
Steven The act says :Ice fishing in shallow water on the Saguenay or on other lakes and rivers in Québec is regulated by the Ministère des Ressources naturelles et de la Faune du Québec.
245 feet is not shallow water.(Shallow water:Water of such a depth that bottom topography affects surface waves.) I have been a diver for 15 years now and after a 10 foot depth waves are not felt so anything below that will not interfear with waves.

Then it says:
Ice fishing for groundfish is a winter recreational fishery that is practiced without a licence. You must, however, comply with the regulations in force regarding not only the number of fish caught and the permitted species but also the authorized fishing techniques.

Quota: Each person may catch and keep 5 fish per day, all species combined. Atlantic halibut, Greenland sharks, northern wolffish, Atlantic wolffish, spotted wolffish, molluscs and crustaceans must immediately be returned to the water. 

Where does it say a license is needed?

I have been fishing in the sageunay, summer as well as winter for over 29 years now and never once have i been asked for a license and Dabluz can probably confirm this as well (this only applies to ground fish and capelin).

This year the was an agent from Fisheries and Oceans Canada  there almost every day because a fisherman in La Baie area was caught with around 50 redfish in his possesion
(http://www.cyberpresse.ca/le-quotidien/201202/01/01-4491422-braconnage-sur-les-glaces.php?utm_categorieinterne=trafficdrivers&utm_contenuinterne=cyberpresse_B4_en-manchette_322_section_POS2)
and not once was i asked for a license! I was of coarse asked to show my fish every time to make sure i was not over limit and also was told that if we did them in fillets we had to do them butterfly style and leave all the skin not like the old rule of skin the size of a quarter which i already knew.

Here is a little video of an agent doing a summer intervention (limits not the same) you will clearly notice he never asks for a license.
&hl=en_CA&fs=1?rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6

If you are still not sure call this number they will also confirm what i am saying: 1-855-812-3255
And to close discussion read page 19 of this doccument it is this years association booklet rules are clear no permit needed and they don't say resident or none resident and let me explain why! It would kill the touriste economy!!!
http://www.courantdusaguenay.com/archives/cdshiver2012.pdf

I'm not going!!!!!!!

Offline steven girard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Mar 10, 2012, 04:43 PM »
All i know it's  in zone 21... So ..me in St-Laurent river, part of zone 21 all Quebec residents dont need a liscence but every non-resident need some..it's regulated by the Ministère des Ressources naturelles et de la Faune du Québec. I'm guiding here and they advised us about non-residents....maybe they're a special law for your place....maybe!

Offline bestoned

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Mar 10, 2012, 05:05 PM »
Yes Steven it is different it is salt water fishing. Salt water in the st lawrence stops between la malbaie a montmagny approximatly them becomes fresh water. Anywhere from st simeon to baiecommeau on north side and rivier du loup all the way around la gaspesie  on south side no permit is needed in salt waters.
Oh and forgot to mention here it is zone 27 est but that still does not matter.  ;D

By the way if you watched the video of the officer take a good look at these pictures from about 10 years ago taken in st anne des monts look familliar?

I sure do think so  lolllllllllllllllll   :tipup:

I'm not going!!!!!!!

Offline steven girard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Mar 10, 2012, 06:01 PM »
Thank cause i was not knowing about saltwater..here in 21 we dont need licence..but non resident have to get one..

http://www.mrnf.gouv.qc.ca/english/publications/online/wildlife/fishing-regulations/regles-generales/non-residents.asp

Offline bestoned

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Mar 10, 2012, 06:19 PM »
Steven: However, this licence is not required when fishing in a park managed by Parks Canada. We are fishing in the park marin du sageunay. :)   But still that has no incedence on ice fishing since it is still of canadian jurisdiction since it is salt water.

I'm not going!!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.