Author Topic: OCTANE COMBO. FOR THOSE HOLDING OUT.  (Read 14766 times)

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
OCTANE COMBO. FOR THOSE HOLDING OUT.
« on: Dec 11, 2018, 01:34 PM »
ridgid's octane 18v 9amp bluetooth battery/charger/hammer drill that is 1300 inch pounds/108.33 foot pounds torque and all components qualify for their life time service agreement is now 179$ to your door using their cart system. the lsa means no more spending on the battery or any parts or repairs. batteries can only be charger so many times before they begin to fade away and need replacing. these octane batteries are the most sophisticated in the portable cordless drill market and have an app you can use with it that is very cool.
the battery sold separate is 184$

the drill on it's own is same price of 149$. the battery/charger is down to 169$. this means you can buy the combo for 169$ if you call hd and order it on the phone.
you should have about 20 days left to get with it. you should be able to go to the stores now that have them in stock and just pay for the battery/charger and get the drill for free like i did when it was 209$ to your door.

i just called hd and had them price match and they credited my cc for 40$ because i bought it when it was 209$

UPDATE:
someone just mentioned this deal will extend thru 02.04.19

UPDATE:
cost is 199$. holidays are over. 01.09.18

UPDATE:
octane 1300 inch pound drill and 3 amp octane battery (too small for big augers) and charger with carry bag is 10$ more than drill only (149$) for159$ the kit on sale. 02.06.19
you will still want the 9 amp battery and is at max price of 199$. watch for price fluctuations as home depot price matches during the 90 return period.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-18-Volt-OCTANE-LIthium-Ion-Cordless-Brushless-1-2-in-Hammer-Drill-Kit-with-OCTANE-Battery-Charger-and-Contractor-Bag-R8611506SB/307490841

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: OCTANE COMBO. FOR THOSE HOLDING OUT.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2018, 02:00 PM »
Why is it $10 less if you call home depot to order as opposed to using their web page?

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2018, 02:07 PM »
I think he meant $179 for the battery and free drill.
westernmas on the finder

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Dec 11, 2018, 02:08 PM »
no idea why. add the items to the cart and see like i did and go to the battery combo page and see it's 10$ less before going into the cart. they did it when it was 199. showed as 209 in the cart.

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 2018, 02:15 PM »
Thank i just pulled the trigger and bought one.  I got it for $179.  I tried to get it to $169 but after several tries I figured $179 was a good enough deal.
westernmas on the finder

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 11, 2018, 02:46 PM »
Did you try calling and couldn't get through or just tried using their cart?

Offline todalake

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 11, 2018, 03:24 PM »
Thanks for the tip!!  I ordered mine Sunday and got it today.  Sunday price was $189,  called today and got a $20 credit refund.   At the rate it is going down,  it will be $99 by February.
Clam Base Camp Thermal
Clam Legend Thermal
Nils 6" Lazer 5" & 7"
Ridgid 1300#
Clam Plate/extension

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based fishing!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 11, 2018, 03:28 PM »
I just used this drill with my 8" nils, and IT IS A BEAST!!! highly recommended. I just posted a video to my youtube page with me using it. if interested, you can see the footage here. https://youtu.be/KvOF_n9SZxA
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Offline ranger10

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 11, 2018, 03:51 PM »
Just ordered one for 179 and it will be here friday. Thanks for the heads up on this deal!

Offline Muggsy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 11, 2018, 04:21 PM »
Pike Fisherman, great video! Really enjoyed it and congrats to Pop on his pike. Loved the enthusiasm of your daughter as well.
That was a hog of a crappie, too.
Maybe someday I'll think of something clever to write here...but I doubt it.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Dec 11, 2018, 04:24 PM »
Pike Fisherman, great video! Really enjoyed it and congrats to Pop on his pike. Loved the enthusiasm of your daughter as well.
couldn't have said it any better. looking for the video about the drill pf mentions.

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 11, 2018, 04:25 PM »
Thanks Muggsy. It was a great day.
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 11, 2018, 04:27 PM »
couldn't have said it any better. looking for the video about the drill pf mentions.
I’m working on it right now. May have it out tonight, if not hoping for tomorrow.

Offline Matt76cmich

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 11, 2018, 04:51 PM »
Just ordered one. Thanks for the heads up!

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Dec 11, 2018, 05:29 PM »
Heres my initial review of the new Rigid Octane Hammer Drill with  Best In Class 1300 in/lb of torque. I used this with my 4 year old 8" Nils Trekker Auger. This combo is a BEAST!! Check it out if your looking to get into a drill for ice fishing!!

Link to the video if interested: https://youtu.be/NvGE4XBc-tc

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Dec 11, 2018, 05:42 PM »
3300... Thanks for the tip on getting that price down. I bought mine three weeks ago and paid $209 delivered and thought that a great value. Just got off the phone with HD where I

haggled like an Iranian rug merchant but in the end got a $30 rebate. Guys, this is like finding money in the street. I've had it on the ice twice spinning my 7" Nero through a Clam

plate and it's just a flat out monster.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16 on: Dec 11, 2018, 08:25 PM »
glad to help.
it should be 44.46$ credited to original method of payment. we have 6% sales tax to get to those numbers.
if you are getting any kind of resistance, just remind them that you can simply return it all and buy it cheaper, so if they want to have used product to deal with it's on them. they have their 90 day hassle free returns and they price match. doesn't matter if it all is registered when you return the items or not.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #17 on: Dec 11, 2018, 09:28 PM »
thanks 3300! got my $44.46 credited back to my paypal account.got the run around first call.2nd call went smooth..

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18 on: Dec 11, 2018, 09:43 PM »
right on! it's an amazing deal to pass up on. almost want to do it again to have another 9 amp battery for less than what it costs on it's own with a free tool kicker.

Offline Charleston and Nellis

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Dec 11, 2018, 10:07 PM »
Thanks 3300. I already have a Ryobi Drill and 6 inch Nils combo that works perfectly, but I have been on the boat about getting this drill for a few weeks now, as well as a clam plate, and an 8 inch lazer hand auger as my new main auger.

The decision was made clear after I came to browse iceshanty for the evening. I have a new Drill waiting for me at home depot.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Dec 11, 2018, 10:09 PM »
I also turned from a lurker to member just now so that I could thank you. Haha

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21 on: Dec 11, 2018, 10:35 PM »
that's awesome for you to take the time like that! thanks for being part of a great group of like minded people, even if it's just to say thanks. it means a lot to hear that. thank you!

welcome to the shanty!

Offline mazak730

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Dec 11, 2018, 10:36 PM »
I just got this setup and used it last Saturday with a 6" K Drill. We had probably 5 to 6 inches of ice and I drilled at least 75 holes and when I got home and but battery on the charger it was still half full. Temp outside was 20° and 14° with wind chill. I left battery outside the whole time. I am very impressed with this setup

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Dec 11, 2018, 10:47 PM »
Recommended this setup to a buddy who is in the market for a drill.  As a man who apprecaites a good deal, it almost seems too good to pass up!  I'm in the Milwaukee ecosystem already, but if I didn't I'd probably go this route.  Thanks for sharing :tipup:

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Dec 12, 2018, 01:19 AM »
So this just happened.

Homedepot said they had the drill in stock at my store and my online order went through to pick up the drill today, and wait for the battery one week.

I get an email a few hours later saying the drill is not in stock so they cancelled the drill from the order and I am getting a refund for that portion of the order.

However, I am still going to receive the battery starter kit at a price of $95.

I went ahead and contacted customer service but all they told me was that the drill was cancelled from the order and I could pick up the drill from another store.

Frustrated, I went ahead and ordered another drill and battery kit, this time just having it shipped to me.

Should I keep the other $95 lifetime warranty battery+charger? Is this a moral dilemma on my part to be honest? Decisions decisions. Two 9ah batteries are $198, or $99 each but don't carry the LSA.

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Dec 12, 2018, 08:21 AM »
Recommended this setup to a buddy who is in the market for a drill.  As a man who apprecaites a good deal, it almost seems too good to pass up!  I'm in the Milwaukee ecosystem already, but if I didn't I'd probably go this route.  Thanks for sharing :tipup:

Yup, I'm invested into the Milwaukee Fuel system too with dozens of tools, but this is almost tempting to just have a dedicated drill for the ice. It's a great deal!
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #26 on: Dec 12, 2018, 10:23 AM »
Charleston and Nellis,
the batteries do qualify for lsa because they are in kit form, meaning the battery was not sold alone and came with a charger. that means it is a kit. if you buy say two batteries by them selves, they only have 3 year warranty.

it is how their web page rang up the discount and not your doing. it should ring up full price on battery/charger and nothing for the drill. when doing this in store they charge you one penny on the free tool for the til to recognize their was a transaction. they don't charge you the penny.

actually, nothing stops anyone from buying this combo/free tool or any other combo/free tool and returning the free product after the fact for the value of the tool, which in this case would be 150$. there is one person on here who says to do so.
and it is xmas. they maybe just made yours brighter for the run around.

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Dec 12, 2018, 10:45 AM »
Yup, I'm invested into the Milwaukee Fuel system too with dozens of tools, but this is almost tempting to just have a dedicated drill for the ice. It's a great deal!
I love my Milwaukee tool setups so I did just what you're talking about. I'll pull the Octane off at the end of ice season for those situations where two drills at hand are required.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #28 on: Dec 12, 2018, 10:48 AM »
I love my Milwaukee tool setups so I did just what you're talking about. I'll pull the Octane off at the end of ice season for those situations where two drills at hand are required.

I would get an Octane but I have a 750 in lb Fuel for chores and a 1200 Fuel that is dedicated to the auger.
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #29 on: Dec 12, 2018, 12:10 PM »
I have 2 of the 700"# Ridgids and if I sell my spare Tent. Shappell S3000 I might just have to get one.
<===Lefty===

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.