New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Re: Honeoye Lake  (Read 20703 times)

Offline Gillpill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All I need is a big Bull gill and Im set
Re: Honeoye Lake
« Reply #90 on: Feb 19, 2013, 10:57 PM »
It did get a little stupid there and needed to be locked for a bit. Anyway, can't get there 'till Monday, good luck this weekend guys.Here is what we got last Thurs.
(Image removed from quote.)
looks like jelly donut all over them perch lol, nice fish
That's a Bluegill, no that's a Sunfish...I've heard it both ways!!

Offline tigerwoodsmuskie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #91 on: Feb 20, 2013, 04:50 AM »
NOOORRRRRMM !!!!  I just went thru all the posts and don't see one of Honeoye's best, Norman Schrader on here at all.
Hope things are OK. Anyone know?   

Offline zackblain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #92 on: Feb 20, 2013, 06:12 AM »
is there walleye in honeoye?  and where is a good area to go near the state launch?

Like gambell said, its a realtively structureless lake. Look all over the flats over mud, look for subtle 1-2ft depth changes, they're in there ya just gotta keep looking

Offline fishman11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #93 on: Feb 20, 2013, 06:18 AM »
Like gambell said, its a realtively structureless lake. Look all over the flats over mud, look for subtle 1-2ft depth changes, they're in there ya just gotta keep looking
  thanks where is some place to get perch just i case cant find waleye?
jig pull fillet eat

Offline Pequod1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #94 on: Feb 20, 2013, 06:28 AM »
Honeoye is a crap shoot for me. I have a love/hate relationship with this lake. But, if I was looking for perch, I would take a look at a good contour map and head to the deepest hole and fish "through it" with as many holes I could drill until I find them. Same for the eyes. Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you want to quit fishing and take up golf.

Offline 33Canuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #95 on: Feb 20, 2013, 06:45 AM »
Could anyone tell me if grubs have been productive for perch or do I need to bring minnows ?

Bugs are working but so aren't minnows, we got on some good fish Monday but when you do its fast and furious and then the dinks role in.
The Green Hornet Does it again!
[img width=174 height=80]

Offline Sandman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Loud pipes save lives
« Reply #96 on: Feb 20, 2013, 06:58 PM »
Honeoye is a crap shoot for me. I have a love/hate relationship with this lake. But, if I was looking for perch, I would take a look at a good contour map and head to the deepest hole and fish "through it" with as many holes I could drill until I find them. Same for the eyes. Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you want to quit fishing and take up golf.

XXXactly... as John McCain said "Drill baby, drill"....somedays you gut lucky

De Opresso Liber
5th Special Forces Airborne..Mobil Launch Team 5
Vietnam

Offline zackblain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #97 on: Feb 20, 2013, 07:03 PM »

XXXactly... as John McCain said "Drill baby, drill"....somedays you gut lucky

(Image removed from quote.)

Nice work

Offline cooper2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #98 on: Feb 20, 2013, 07:10 PM »
Sandman hits the jackpot!!
NICE buch of fish!!!

Offline Gillpill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Re: Honeoye Lake
« Reply #99 on: Feb 20, 2013, 07:54 PM »
those are some nice fish bro good job

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
« Reply #100 on: Feb 20, 2013, 08:20 PM »
And some days you get really lucky..........

Days like this on Honeoye used to be a little more common.  Since the Blue/green algea showed up, the lake has changed. 

Offline crzyeyevan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #101 on: Feb 20, 2013, 08:30 PM »
Those were the good old days, like sandman drill, drill, drill. Keep runnin and gunnin til you find them. Brian, I remember where that catch came from. You guys were on fire that day.

Crzyeyevan

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
« Reply #102 on: Feb 20, 2013, 08:36 PM »
Those were the good old days, like sandman drill, drill, drill. Keep runnin and gunnin til you find them. Brian, I remember where that catch came from. You guys were on fire that day.

Crzyeyevan

That spot has been a ghost town for the past 4 winters.  Tip up fishing only produces the occasional bass.  Jigging in the weeds (now in 6 fow not 16) only produces dink gills.  It is a shame what has happened to Honeoye.  But like I said before about Honeoye, if you do not change with the times, you will not catch fish on this lake. 

Offline OneBucketMike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #103 on: Feb 20, 2013, 08:47 PM »
And some days you get really lucky..........

Days like this on Honeoye used to be a little more common.  Since the Blue/green algea showed up, the lake has changed.

And like Dizzy Dean said "It ain't braggin if it's the truth!!" Tough to compete with those pictures!! Good that you put the date on them so you don't have hoards of people trying to get the same thing this weekend.  Nice fish as always Brian.

Offline Gillpill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #104 on: Feb 20, 2013, 11:43 PM »
dang that's a nice haul man, must have been fun. so how is the ice at trident, ive read the reports section but nobody really gave a definite answer to how the ice is right next to shore (i heard some people went through not too long ago) None of my buddies have been down in a while either so i haven't been able to get any good reports from close trusted friends

Offline Sandman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Loud pipes save lives
« Reply #105 on: Feb 21, 2013, 07:43 AM »
Nice job and a lot of fun you had there Gambell

Back in the 70's and 80' we used to catch slob walleye and rarely a small one
The reverse happened as the lake changed and every once in a while hard work/searching pays off
De Opresso Liber
5th Special Forces Airborne..Mobil Launch Team 5
Vietnam

Offline the Wizard

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #106 on: Feb 22, 2013, 06:36 AM »
dang that's a nice haul man, must have been fun. so how is the ice at trident, ive read the reports section but nobody really gave a definite answer to how the ice is right next to shore (i heard some people went through not too long ago) None of my buddies have been down in a while either so i haven't been able to get any good reports from close trusted friends
    I was there yesterday[ Thurs, 2/21/13] and the ice a Tridents ramp looked bad, everyone that went out cut throught the back yard of the cottage next door ....  I don't know how long that will last if the owners see 30- 40 groups of guys dragging huts through
there.   I didn't check it , just looked at it and followed the tracks around.      Slow day, ended up with 6 keepers , smallest was 9 1/2  biggest was 11 1/2.
If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. – Thomas Jefferson

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry. – Thomas Jefferson

Offline NYJigger72

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #107 on: Feb 24, 2013, 04:55 PM »
Heading out from state launch in the am headed to the trench. Was wondering how ice was today after the last couple days of warmer weather.  Good luck.

Offline zackblain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #108 on: Feb 24, 2013, 05:08 PM »
Fished from the launch almost the the ranch and back down the west shoreline, punched a ton of holes and marked very few fish. Slow day for me

Offline frostbittin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #109 on: Feb 24, 2013, 07:39 PM »
Ice is in great condition, didn't loose any from the saturday warmup, surface refroze and it snowed most of the day today. Dragging huts will be very easy, smooth ice with a little loose snow on top.

Offline Walleyeman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #110 on: Mar 16, 2013, 03:12 PM »
2013 FLCC Muller Field Station Spring Open House!

See what is new at Muller Field Station and what the students of FLCC have been learning this year!

Saturday, April 13th
Free admission!
From 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
6455 County Road 36
Honeoye NY 14471

Walleye and fish demos will run from 10-11 am Come early so you don’t miss it!

Fun Wildlife activities for all ages!
from 11 am-2 pm

•   Track, fur, and scat match up games
•   Fish scale aging and identification
•   Learn about pond ecology activity
•   Fisher presentation by FLCC alumni
•   FLCC student run nature hikes
•   FLCC student wildlife photo contest and research poster presentation

Lunch will be sold along with Wildlife Society Club sweatshirts and t-shirts
Walleyeman

Offline Walleyeman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #111 on: Apr 19, 2013, 05:23 PM »
Honeoye Lake Walleye Update

Join John Foust, FLCC Assistant Professor, and Pete Austerman, NYSDEC Aquatic Biologist, on Thursday, May 9 from 7:00-8:30 PM for a program on Honeoye Lake Walleye Update at the FLCC Muller Field Station, 6455 County Road 36, Honeoye, NY  14471

Over the past several years Finger Lakes Community College faculty, staff, and students have captured, spawned and raised walleye from Honeoye Lake at the Muller Field Station Research and Education building in cooperation with NYSDEC.  Join us for a presentation on the walleye spawning process and an update from the 2012-13 production seasons.  Pete Austerman will be on hand to discuss continuing walleye management in Honeoye Lake.

Seating is limited and reservations are required. To make a reservation, please contact Nancy Lawson at 585-785-1257 or [email protected].

This event is co-sponsored by Finger Lakes Community College and the Honeoye Valley Association.  More information is available at www.hvaweb.org.
Walleyeman

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.