Author Topic: Settled for pond  (Read 2076 times)

Offline boscolab

• Team IceShanty Regular
Settled for pond
« on: Dec 30, 2017, 05:35 PM »
Didn’t want to risk the drive down to Evergreen. So i settled for a local 1.5 acre pond. Drilled over 12fow and found some fish. They needed a lot of jigging to get them to come up. Banging the bottom with a lil Cecil got fish to come in when the screen would go blank.
Hooked a few on a hand tied ice fly too.
Might have to sit out the rest of the weekend. The temps are going to be dangerously cold.

If I had a penny for every time, people thought they would get rich from getting pennys for every thing they claim they do or hear, over and over again, I would be richer than Richy Rich.
HUH?

Offline DaWakoKid

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Settled for pond
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2018, 03:09 PM »
Better than nothing. I wanted to get out around the holidays but temps were just too rough for me, especially w/o a shelter. Hoping to be back from Chi  early enough on Sunday to put some quality time on the hard stuff.

Offline boscolab

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2018, 08:58 AM »
I was at Evergreen Sunday. Got the skunk. Fished over by WPC in 13 fow. Had 5 inches of ice.
Evergreen lake either pays out big, or kicks my azz. It is never in between.
If I had a penny for every time, people thought they would get rich from getting pennys for every thing they claim they do or hear, over and over again, I would be richer than Richy Rich.
HUH?

Offline TonyBloom

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2018, 09:28 AM »
What does WPC stand for at Evergreen?

Offline boscolab

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2018, 09:45 AM »
White Pines Cove
HUH?

Offline TonyBloom

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2018, 09:48 AM »
Awesome...thanks!! I'm with you on evergreen..it is hit it miss.  I may try it this weekend. 

Offline knol86

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 2018, 11:16 AM »
My buddy and I hit Evergreen on Monday evening for about two hours.  We fished the cove just south of WPC.  Fished 7 FOW got 8-9 small gills.  Fish were there but not interested too much.  I can not seem to figure Evergreen out no matter what season it is!  Just got to keep trying a suppose. 

Offline boscolab

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 04, 2018, 11:32 AM »
There once was a guy, who always caught fish at E. He has since left us and it seems the fish
too.
He always told me, when you think you are fishing too shallow, try a little shallower.
HUH?

Offline TonyBloom

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 04, 2018, 12:02 PM »
I will be hitting evergreen tomorrow or Saturday.  How thick was the ice?  I will be fishing  deep ;)

Offline knol86

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 04, 2018, 08:36 PM »
Tony the ice was 5 inches on New year's day. That was in a shallow cove, fished 7 fow. Good luck. My dad and I maybe out Saturday morning.

Offline TonyBloom

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 04, 2018, 09:10 PM »
Awesome thanks!  If I go tomorrow I'll let u know how I do.

Offline boscolab

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 05, 2018, 06:30 AM »
I may try tomorrow and or Sunday. Would like to meet some of you guys.
HUH?

Offline knol86

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 05, 2018, 12:54 PM »
My dad and I will be out tomorrow in a two man red flip up. I can't decide on the west end or deer island yet. Leaning toward the west end/dam area. We will see!

Offline uplandk9

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 09, 2018, 11:21 AM »
There once was a guy, who always caught fish at E. He has since left us and it seems the fish
too.
He always told me, when you think you are fishing too shallow, try a little shallower.

Bluefloyd?
In Illinois ice season lasts about 3 seconds, and then you are wet to the knees.

Offline boscolab

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 09, 2018, 01:05 PM »
Bluefloyd?

Bingo!
Hello Uplandk9. How have you been?
HUH?

Offline uplandk9

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 09, 2018, 11:10 PM »
Been pretty good.  First year we’ve had good enough ice for me.  We were considering a trip to Bloomington last Sunday but the freezing rain scared us away.

Doesn’t look like we are missing much down there yet.
In Illinois ice season lasts about 3 seconds, and then you are wet to the knees.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.