Author Topic: Striker lite suit  (Read 2343 times)

Offline wipike

• Team IceShanty Regular
Striker lite suit
« on: Dec 26, 2012, 09:48 PM »
I got some Christmas money that’s burning a hole in my pocket.   ;D   Anyone know who's got the hot deal on the Striker Lite suit?

Thanks!

Offline klbeeks

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Striker lite suit
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2012, 01:28 PM »
this time of year the prices are all about the same.. i would suggest redrock, i believe they are a sponser.  but ya better hurry its getting slim pickins on the color, the red/grey jacket is hard to find. last i looked fish307 at the top of the page was the only ones to have. i bought my regular striker suit last feb. and got a pretty good deal on it. 135 apiece for jacket and bibs. my striker lite suit should be here today or tomorrow im excited, but had to pay retail for it. it seems this year striker is coming on strong!
Fish On'

Offline wipike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2012, 04:48 PM »
Tried a couple folks, but Red Rock was the one that answered the phone first - nice guys, order went in without a hitch.  Looks like Orange was my only choice on the coat, but that just make it easier to find I suppose.  Either way, I'm excited - may have to venture out this weekend without it, though - one last time with the PFD. 

;D

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2012, 05:03 PM »
Can't go wrong with Red Rock, they throw in a free pair of gloves! That's where I ordered mine and was told I would have to settle for the orange, but when it showed up it was red!

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2012, 09:15 AM »
Red Rock!!

Offline wipike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2012, 12:57 PM »
Just a follow up - suit showed up today!!

Man is this thing awesome - gonna make the fishing buddies jealous for sure.

To all those who recommended Red Rock - they get a big two thumbs up from me!  Will definitely order again from them, and will recommend them to everyone.

:thumbsup:

Offline allstar617

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 2013, 07:28 AM »
Thinking about ordering one today. Anyone here own one and have some feedback on it. Would like it not to be to bulky. Tried on the artic armor one but was alittle to bulky for my liking.

Offline MLBob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 18, 2013, 08:23 AM »
I have the Striker Ice Lite suit and like it very much.  I don't find it too bulky, but since it is an insulated flotation suit, it is not real slim fitting.  It has a lot of venting features and plenty of pockets.  Also, if you have a particularly long (or short) inseam, the bibs have a unique adjustable inseam.

Offline DEADONDYLAN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 18, 2013, 08:25 AM »
I have the climate suit outer shell equals the light zip in/out liner equals the regular suit love it does not feel as bulky as the blue and grey suits from clam

Offline derekinhawaii

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 18, 2013, 08:30 AM »
I bought the Striker Ice bibs a few weeks ago and bought the matching jacket yesterday......waiting for the jacket in the mail.  Hopefully today.

I think with our weather in MA being so unpredictable having that extra safety that they provide helped make my decision. The suit I bought is four seasons.  So if you feel that the insulation is to much it can easily be removed.

My friends in Maine have become slightly jealous.... But it wasn't a cheap purchase.....

I say go for it....

Offline CRS02019

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 18, 2013, 09:41 AM »
Thinking about ordering one today. Anyone here own one and have some feedback on it. Would like it not to be to bulky. Tried on the artic armor one but was alittle to bulky for my liking.
I bought the Striker Lite jacket this winter. It is great. Not bulky at all yet extremely warm. I did have to send it back as I wear a L in every shirt/jacket I own but this was too big so I got a M and it fits fine. I think you will be happy with the Lite version. I have a friend who has the AA and my Lite is no where near as bulky as the AA. Not that the AA is extremely bulky mind you, just the Striker Lite is far less:-)
Not comparing one to the other here:-)

Offline allstar617

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 18, 2013, 02:39 PM »
So they run a little big? I'm 5'7 210lbs was thinking about getting the bibs in a XL since you can adjust the inseams, and a XXL for the jacket. Maybe I should get both in XL. Tough shopping online for clothing. I wish I could find it locally so I could try it on.

Offline MLBob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 20, 2013, 11:55 AM »
So they run a little big? I'm 5'7 210lbs was thinking about getting the bibs in a XL since you can adjust the inseams, and a XXL for the jacket. Maybe I should get both in XL. Tough shopping online for clothing. I wish I could find it locally so I could try it on.

I think they run fairly true to size.  The XXL jacket sleeves might be way too long for you, the sleeves are not adjustable.  I'm 6'4", 235 lbs, and I got the Striker Lite jacket and bibs both XL.  They fit me nice and the jacket has some room for layering underneath.  I was originally debating between the XL and XXL, but I'm glad I went with the XL.  From what I have read, the lite suit has a bit more room in it for a given size than the heavier Striker suits.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #13 on: Jan 20, 2013, 03:44 PM »
Allstar the large would do you as we are about the same size and I have the large and fits fine, unless you have a little dunlap then you might want the x-large.

Offline allstar617

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 21, 2013, 05:37 AM »
I think they run fairly true to size.  The XXL jacket sleeves might be way too long for you, the sleeves are not adjustable.  I'm 6'4", 235 lbs, and I got the Striker Lite jacket and bibs both XL.  They fit me nice and the jacket has some room for layering underneath.  I was originally debating between the XL and XXL, but I'm glad I went with the XL.  From what I have read, the lite suit has a bit more room in it for a given size than the heavier Striker suits.
Allstar the large would do you as we are about the same size and I have the large and fits fine, unless you have a little dunlap then you might want the x-large.
Thanks guys for the input I ended up buying the XL, in red/ gray. Just to be on the safe side.

Offline derekinhawaii

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 29, 2013, 07:34 PM »
Just tested my striker ice suit... Warmest one available.... This past weekend in Maine.... Windchill close to 0F.... Had no issues and even left my gloves off for most of the time as I used the micro fleece pockets on the bibs....  GET IT..... WORTH IT!!!!

Offline allstar617

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 31, 2013, 07:09 PM »
Got the suit today, ordered the lite originally and got a email back saying only had them in orange.  :-\   So I broke down and paid a little more for the hardwater suit in grey/black. The jacket in XL fit me perfectly, but the bibs in XL was alittle to big, even cuffed up all the way. Length wasn't that bad, but was way to baggy for my liking. Going to return them for a large. Hopefully I get them when the ice in my area locks back up, 60 degrees yesterday, and almost that again today :%$#!: :%$#!: what global warming!! Overall I'm very happy with the striker hardwater  suit :tipup:

Offline wipike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Feb 01, 2013, 10:44 PM »
I got the orange, they were out of the red in a large when I got mine (see above).

If it was more like international/blaze orange instead of "sherbert" that would have been nice.  Still doesn't matter - I rock it everytime I go out now, and even when snowblowing the drive.

Great, great suit.

;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.