Author Topic: Help with bibs  (Read 1161 times)

Offline Wavemaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
Help with bibs
« on: Nov 09, 2012, 09:12 PM »
I want good  comfortable waterproof bib. Looking at ice armor ultra or the blue one. Or should I be going with something else all together? Open to all recommendations. I'm 6 ft 3 and 280lbs. Should I go with 3XL ?

Offline jurrensb

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Help with bibs
« Reply #1 on: Nov 09, 2012, 09:32 PM »
Check your PM  ;D
"Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

Offline Wavemaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 11, 2012, 04:27 PM »
Thanks jurrensb.

Anyone else have any recommendations?

Offline RWD12

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 11, 2012, 04:33 PM »
Check out the Frabill Snosuit!

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #4 on: Nov 11, 2012, 04:35 PM »
I haven't wore a Bib since 2ft 11 and 42lbs.  I apologize for that, and be with the pygmies down in New Guinea... ;D 

Seriously I would consider Arctic Armor, it floats!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline inHISgrip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 14, 2012, 01:34 PM »
A word about floatability...... Someone who was been thought the ice two times it is not the floating or not floating that will save your life..... the cold is what's going to stop your body from working .  You have about 5 minutes before the hypothermia kicks in and the muscles begin to atrophy and you're not getting out........ the only difference between a floating suit in a non floating suit is where they'll find your body.  We see the pictures of people floating in their suits into a heated pool or in the summer that's all fine and a great that have the same people jump in the pool with a non floating  and you still float last time I checked people float they don't sink. I have seen the experiment where people have got into pools with both floating in non floating suits on in both will float for a while and then they both will sink. The first time I went through the ice I was in a pair of carhart bids and a long sleeve T shirt and some thinner insulated boots. We want ice fishing we were working building docks in the harbor. I was able to scramble out relatively quickly. The second time I went to the ice was in full ice fishing gear including parka and pants the key boots a whole 9 yards. The air trapped inside my clothing and the multiple layers that any good ice fishermen wears did give me quite a bit of flotation and buoyancy. As my buddies ran toward me  all they did was break more ice and put me in the water longer until I could break the ice to get to something solid. I'm not saying people should not buy flotation suits. I say don't be fooled the they will save your life .  First thing you have to do is get out of the water your flotation will not help you do that .  In fact the Experiments I have seen the flotation suits are heavier bulkier and make it more difficult to get out of the ice water. Do what makes you the most comfortable I'm just speaking from experience .  That's what I love about this website we can all its share our experiences in our thoughts a
I LIKE FISHING BUT LIKE CATCHING EVEN MORE

Offline Vapor

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 14, 2012, 08:11 PM »
I am kind of broke and was just going to grab a pair of the Carhardt duck bibs.  I figure I can layer up and hopefully that works.

Offline addicted to ice fishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Feeding my addiction one lake at a time
« Reply #7 on: Nov 14, 2012, 11:09 PM »
There are alot of options depending on your budget.  As far as size,  try going to your local sporting good store, and try on different brands, and sizes of bibs to get an idea what size you will need.  When you find one you like, either just try to buy the bibs, or if they will not sell them seperately, then go online to try to get just the bibs.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Nov 14, 2012, 11:37 PM »
Vapor, if you go onto www.Wearguard.com they have real heavy insulated coveralls and bibs on sale.  I've been wearing their 30 below coveralls for at least the past 10 years and never got cold.  They also has a set called 20 below.  Wearguard is just as good as Carhartt but a heck of a lot cheaper.

Offline Vapor

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 15, 2012, 11:32 PM »
Vapor, if you go onto www.Wearguard.com they have real heavy insulated coveralls and bibs on sale.  I've been wearing their 30 below coveralls for at least the past 10 years and never got cold.  They also has a set called 20 below.  Wearguard is just as good as Carhartt but a heck of a lot cheaper.

Very nice, looking into them now

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.