Author Topic: Striker Ice Features  (Read 1851 times)

Offline adkwiley

• Team IceShanty Regular
Striker Ice Features
« on: Jan 05, 2012, 05:08 PM »
Ok i got a question for all the guys that have either striker ice or striker lite suits.  i got the Striker Ice and read somewhere that the internal d rings in the chest pockets are for ice pics so you don't have to wear them around your neck.  How the hell do you put them in there, or attach them to the d rings.  Any info out there?

Offline RMR

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Striker Ice Features
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2012, 05:33 PM »
I also have a question for you striker guys. I have the regular suit not the lite.  The only problem I have with this suit is the legs are way to puffy, they rub while walking. dose anyone else have this problem? Can anyone with the lite suit chime in here and let me know if they are having the same results? My suit is unworn I'm thinking I may want to exchange it for the lite.

Offline kevt528

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2012, 08:53 PM »
I have the lite the legs seem a little puffier than the one on my old walls bibs, I haven't got to wear mine on the ice yet (we haven't had any yet), but I hope to get to try them out this weekend.

Striker Ice Lite

Offline cousin eddie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2012, 09:07 AM »
Ok i got a question for all the guys that have either striker ice or striker lite suits.  i got the Striker Ice and read somewhere that the internal d rings in the chest pockets are for ice pics so you don't have to wear them around your neck.  How the hell do you put them in there, or attach them to the d rings.  Any info out there?

I would think they go in independent of each other (don't use the picks that are connected with one piece of coiled cord), just clip or tie to the d-ring and stuff in pocket.  It would probably be good to get the retractable picks for storing in the pocket.  At least this is how I interpreted it and would do it.

Offline cousin eddie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2012, 09:09 AM »
I also have a question for you striker guys. I have the regular suit not the lite.  The only problem I have with this suit is the legs are way to puffy, they rub while walking. dose anyone else have this problem? Can anyone with the lite suit chime in here and let me know if they are having the same results? My suit is unworn I'm thinking I may want to exchange it for the lite.

I have the Lite suit.  Pant legs rub a slightly while walking but nothing serious or annoying about it.  Do you have your bibs adjusted to the right length?  Sounds to me like they might be a little too long if they are "way to puffy".

Offline adkwiley

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2012, 09:52 AM »
and now if anyone would answer the original question that would be greattttttt

Offline cousin eddie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2012, 11:10 AM »

??? ???  Did you read my response two posts above your last one?  Yes?  No? 

Let me break it down again.  Attach string/cord/bungee from pic to D-ring any way you want (tie a knot would be a good start).  Place pic in pocket.  I'm assuming you already figured out that the two pics cannot be connected to each other for this to work?

Offline RMR

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 06, 2012, 07:42 PM »

Hey I apologize, I didn't think it would be a big deal to ask a question about the same product. Here I was thinking I was saving a thread.

Offline adkwiley

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 07, 2012, 07:01 PM »
??? ???  Did you read my response two posts above your last one?  Yes?  No? 

Let me break it down again.  Attach string/cord/bungee from pic to D-ring any way you want (tie a knot would be a good start).  Place pic in pocket.  I'm assuming you already figured out that the two pics cannot be connected to each other for this to work?

thats a no haha.  Talked to the guys at striker just to see if they had any certain way in mind seeing they developed it, and before i went cutting my picks in half.  Pretty much said the same thing and to make sure you keep the points capped ( i used corks) so they don't ruin the inside of the pockets, it wouldn't be covered under warranty if they ended up wearing a hole in the pockets. 

No worries RMR , and to answer your question I had no  real problems of the legs rubbing too much while out on the ice today.  yeah they are going to be puffy but  pretty much any insulated floating suit will.  What do you wear for layers underneath?  I just wear  poly pros and a light soft shell pant so there is no added bulk.

Offline cousin eddie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 09, 2012, 10:46 AM »
I think it is Frabill that makes picks with retractable guards, might want to look into these if you do plan on attaching to the d-rings and storing in the pockets.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.