Author Topic: Mickey Boots  (Read 8037 times)

Offline TA

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: micky mouse boots
« Reply #30 on: Jan 12, 2011, 08:02 PM »
Bought my first pair of Mickey boots late last season. Now I wish I'd have got them years ago.
Just like it, only diffrent.

T/Ake cAARe, doug

Offline MainelyCrappie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 13, 2011, 07:20 AM »
lookign for some now where do you get them?

Offline Tipup Master

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • A bad start to the day!
« Reply #32 on: Jan 13, 2011, 08:18 AM »
Sportmans Guide had them (Blacks) in a late fall catalog.  They were cheap at about $55.  Remember these run really large.  I wear a 11 1/2 shoe and have plenty of room with 2 pairs of socks in a size 11R.  Whites unused seem harder to find.

Offline icebucketjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Jan 17, 2011, 06:20 AM »
The roomier, the better for your feet.  You can always put on another pair of heavy sox or line the boots with foot-pads. 
Ice-Fisherman: We're all highly addicted, shivering, psychotic patients in the asylum of the frigid.

Offline cbtrtbum

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Jan 20, 2011, 08:24 AM »
have now worn my black mickeys a couple dozen times and my feet have AWLAYS been toasty with no exceptions. They are a great pair of boots, totally waterproof, and very warm!!

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Jan 20, 2011, 10:01 PM »
lookign for some now where do you get them?

try E bay... or do a web search for mickey boots...

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Jan 20, 2011, 10:14 PM »
I've had 2 pair of the real deal white military issues Micky's,first pair used dry rot pair from a army & navy store $20 bucks and they keep me dry and toasty,second pair new at a sports show around 1985 paid $70,they still look like new. I Armour All them before each season.I don't wear them that often (no traction) but I've never had cold feet ever,just a thin pair of cotton socks and your good to go.My feet sweat in them but still stay pipping hot.

Offline Sam Quint

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Jan 22, 2011, 02:50 PM »
is there any difference between the white or black micky's other than color ?  i hear some say the white are warmer .

Offline huletts1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Jan 22, 2011, 02:55 PM »
He'll be back

Offline Sam Quint

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Jan 22, 2011, 03:47 PM »
thanks for the info on the bunnys - got to get a pair

Offline roygpa

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Where's da Ice?
« Reply #40 on: Jan 22, 2011, 09:30 PM »
Bought a pair off Ebay and they didn't fit. Practically tried to give them away to coworkers and then one guy came past my office and raved about having worn his dad's boots when he was a kid and he bought from me for what I paid.  I can't remember seeing him that happy in the 20 plus years that I've known him. In the mean time I bought a wider pair off Ebay and wore them out today. It was about 10 degrees and the ice had about an inch of slush under the snow, and with one pair of wool socks my feet stayed warm all afternoon.

I'm sold.

Roy
Southwestern, PA

Offline samamster

• IceShanty Rookie
  • From The Hole To The Pole!!!!
« Reply #41 on: Feb 08, 2011, 09:58 AM »
I am new to the ice fishing world and I have been trying to find warm book.  So far all the raves are about these micky mouse/bunny boots.  I am trying to pick up a pair and I am not sure where to start.  There seem to be so many versions online….any advice???
For the Love of Fishing...but will only cook a Few...:-)

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Feb 17, 2011, 05:31 AM »
I am new to the ice fishing world and I have been trying to find warm book.  So far all the raves are about these micky mouse/bunny boots.  I am trying to pick up a pair and I am not sure where to start.  There seem to be so many versions online….any advice???
  Don't buy knock offs find real military issue a military surplus store !

Offline Full Throttle

• IceShanty Rookie
Mickey Boots
« Reply #43 on: Sep 25, 2011, 03:54 PM »
Well, it's time to start taking inventory and stocking up for ice season. On my wish list this year would be a new pair of boots. I will probably go with the Mickey boots. Not sure white or black. I live in the Lafayette area. There aren't too many options for ice gear in this area. I am planning a shopping trip North. I will be heading North up US 41 or I 65 to the Merrillville / Portage area. Where would you reccomend for finding some Mickey boots?

Offline Zorros shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish N.E. >)))>
Re: Mickey Boots
« Reply #44 on: Sep 25, 2011, 03:58 PM »
I dont know where you live, but if any are in the state your in or the area your going to. A military surplus will always be loaded with them.

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Sep 25, 2011, 04:08 PM »
I get mine online...  do a search and I'm sure you can find several... 

Offline Full Throttle

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Sep 25, 2011, 04:39 PM »
I would like to try them on before I buy them.

Offline Minnowhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Sep 25, 2011, 05:21 PM »
I paid $36 online out of a surplus place near Meadville, Pa.  I never tried them on.  Just ordered my size and they shipped no issues.  I think I did a search online and navigated around a bit till I found the ones I wanted.  My 2 cents.
Confucious say: "Wise man waits till Winter to walk on water!"

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Bucket,some bait and,,what did she ask me to do??
« Reply #48 on: Sep 25, 2011, 08:02 PM »
I have the white and wear tube socks,your feet will sweat on the long walks but not to worry,ive went thru and boots been full of water.NO WORRIES your feet will still stay warm.White or black im sure youll be happy with either.

Offline amcmullen

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I may be obsessed...
« Reply #49 on: Sep 25, 2011, 08:29 PM »
For under $50 bucks how can you go wrong?  If you try em on before you by them you may not want to.  They are not the most appealing to the eyes and take a bit to get used to the feel.  But boy oh boy are they warm.  One thing I found out however, If they start cold they stay cold.  The only time I had cold feet was when I kept them in my truck outside on a single digit night. 

Also the guy in meadville, pa gives you some nice wool socks with the boots.  Pretty good deal,  Ill be getting the black mickys for hunting
I'm cold and I like it

Offline airplanejig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Jan 05, 2012, 04:37 PM »
If this weather keeps up you wont need mickey mouse boots   just  flip flops lol
May your flags never have the bends

Offline NoMe

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #51 on: Jan 09, 2012, 08:53 PM »
With very little action on the lake today I stood on the ice for ~10 hours at 10 degrees F and my feet never got cold with white mickeys (Bata). I would recommend to anyone with cold feet.

Offline samamster

• IceShanty Rookie
  • From The Hole To The Pole!!!!
« Reply #52 on: Mar 06, 2012, 01:30 PM »
This discussion was so long ago that I forgot to report back.  I did end up getting the white mickeys (Bata) but it has not been cold enough to really try them out. Thanks much to all for the great input.
 :thumbsup:
S~
For the Love of Fishing...but will only cook a Few...:-)

Offline Tipup Master

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • A bad start to the day!
« Reply #53 on: Mar 07, 2012, 05:18 PM »
The black Mickey's are rated for -20 deg F and the whites for -65 deg F.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.