Author Topic: What Is The Deepest You Ever Caught a Crappie At?  (Read 8366 times)

Offline matt_aid

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: What Is The Deepest You Ever Caught a Crappie At?
« Reply #30 on: Dec 05, 2008, 08:41 PM »
yeah we catch them suspended in about 20 feet of water.  but i've caught some at the bottom at around 30 feet.  those guys hammered my bait i thought they were walleye(that's what i was going after)

matt

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #31 on: Dec 06, 2008, 10:09 AM »
one of my crappie hotspots is about 40-50feet of water, but the fish usually hang about 10-15 feet from the bottom

Offline wnybassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Double Stuff Oreos! . . . . . . Got Cookies?
« Reply #32 on: Dec 07, 2008, 03:52 PM »
The last couple years I have been getting a few very early in the ice season from 32 to 35, right on the bottom and seemingly mixed right in with schools of perch.  This past summer I got into dropshotting them in the same lake out of 18 to 26 feet with some regularity.  Most times they would come to the surface completely lifeless, and I could put them flat in my hand and they would just lay there.  I tried reeling them up rather slow to, but didn't seem to make a difference.  Almost makes me not want to fish for them, as during the summer months I am normally catch-n-release.   I did fizz a few like we do smallmouth bass, and they swam away, but not sure of the long term affects on the crappie.
"'I ain't broke, but brother, I'm badly bent"- Stiff Dead Cat

MySpace

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.