Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607645 times)

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #14430 on: Jan 04, 2019, 09:03 PM »
Good Evening, good evening

We are expected to get an inch of rain tomorrow - supplies check-boat uncovered, check
                                                                                               fuel for the outboard, check
                                                                                               life jackets, check
                                                                                               some kind of something to drink, check ( always have that available )
                                                                                               now let it rain - I'm ready

H2L - Like everyone else, glad to hear the wife is home, healthy & in good spirits, invent time to take care of yourself, being sick does no one any good

W.S. - You, too, with the back, get it looked at, when sore, not much gets done, ask the dr. about alternating between hot & cold

I.W. - How does the arm feel now that you are trying to not use it ?

45 - I still havn't decided which one is worse, the ins. co. nonsense, or the actual surgery itself, either way, good luck

T.T. - Some meds. are known to cause drowsiness, I take 2 like that at night, my Dr. is o.k. with it

D.F.F. - Any day during the week is a good day to fish

Mrs. W.W. - Not doing leaves, are we?

Clean - Very true about the pain, all according to how my body feels when I wake up in the a.m. will determine how long I work during the day, I still make the appearance,
     and get something done, it's just some days don't get as physical as others, everyday is a new experience anymore

O.G. - Any ice near you yet ?

Mason - Good the new help is working out well, how did the fishing go ?

The painting job goes well, I have 3 rolling scaffolds of varying sizes there, makes working much easier than moving step ladders around, could be done by the end of next
     week, all is dependent on nail pops and cracks needing to be fixed, one thing that helps is the fact that there is just about no furniture in the house, just 2 rooms with
     12 ft. vaulted ceilings, with 'popcorn' :P

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines-Records & Limits-Good Eats & Drink-Happy Birthday-Get Well Soon

Fshnjohn - Good Luck to the boy at the tourney
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Online IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14431 on: Jan 04, 2019, 09:56 PM »
With the lack of freezing over night temp, afraid my ice is going to get dangerous real quick.  On the bright side I ordered a new Electric fat tire bike, hope its here in time for my B-Day  ;D

Looks like I will have to check in with the Dr.  Calf on left leg is sore, and swollen, can't think of a good reason it is though. Doesn't seem to be bruised.  Hope its not PAD.  ::)
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #14432 on: Jan 05, 2019, 04:31 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  32* with freezing rain/rain mix, high of 35 today.

H2...Congratulations on your wife’s return home, excellent news!!   :clap: :bow: :thumbsup:
  Bud...that’s a great B’Day present, bet it will work out super! Do they make a tow bar for it or will you be making one?   :clap:
  Capt.Jim...best of luck with the fishing trip today. Hope we get to read a good report this evening!   :thumbsup:
Edit...must have had fishing on the brain this am...hope you don’t need the boat Capt.Jim!!  ;D
  John...best of luck to your son in today’s tournament... hope those new moves you worked on with him payoff!!  Will be looking forward to hearing about that....enjoy!   :thumbsup:
  DFF...hopefully this Govt. shutdown won’t last much longer and some kind of a compromise can be reached soon. Friday’s off is a nice deal...need some good ice making weather now for sure...hang in there!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...I just hope my granddaughter didn’t pick up on my snoring skills, they took years to develope!   ;D 
  Marv...hope your back is feeling a little better today.   :thumbsup:  Are you thinking about hitting that walleye lake again?
  Jeff...glad to read the boys were helping you out with that stove, awesome!  :clap: How did it go? 

The fishing was pretty slow last evening. but with the weather forcasted for today, figured it was worth a shot. Did manage 5 crappies, all but 1 were short. Hit a few smaller pickerel before dark suspended 5’ down over 22’ looking for trout, and one at 6:30pm...so much for them not being a night biter, lol.
  It was a pleasant evening though, temps only dropped to 32* while out, the holes barely skimmed over, and no wind. The coyotes began talking soon after dark, always pretty cool to hear. I packed up about 7:30 and called it a night. Thinking this rain is going to screw up the shoreline again there...might check that out this am.
  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #14433 on: Jan 05, 2019, 05:37 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                          It's 28* and clear at this time, light snow is in the forecast. ::)
                          Eddie...... I always like being on the ice at night fishing for Crappie, it's sop peaceful out there in the dark. :thumbsup: The stove replacement
                   went well. My #2 son just replaced his stove with the same stove that we bought, so it went fast. He had the orifice's changed and stove in
                   place in 1 hour. :flex: :clap:
                          Capt. Jim.......The arm still gives me some pain, taking it easy is just to keep me doing more damage to it' :whistle:
                          John........ Good luck to your son in the tournament. :thumbsup:
                          Wally........My boys are really good about helping, of course when I'm able I do things for them as well, it works out well for us. :whistle:
                          Marv.........I hope you are making progress with your back, don't over do it! :flex:
                          Not much going on today, my mechanic and I are taking a our deer head to a guy to clean to make a European mount! My wife is at her sons
                    so i have time to myself.
                         I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14434 on: Jan 05, 2019, 07:03 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

Another day with temps in the 40's. Our snow will once again dwindle after yesterdays 48 degrees.

Eddie good going on the fishing, it sure sounded like a beautiful night to spend on the ice. No plans of heading back north where I went pre-Christmas. That spot has really only been good on early ice. I am toying with the idea of a closer lake but nothing for sure yet.

IW good luck with the deer head, European mounts are nice :thumbsup:

I have to get going, I am taking a ride to the shack this morning to see how things look. I was going to burn a couple of brush piles but am going to hold off. My back is better but not ready yet to test it.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14435 on: Jan 05, 2019, 07:16 AM »
Morning all,

WS.... hope you find everything in good shape at the shack  ;) good plan to go easy on the back for a few days  @)

Deere....fingers crossed for a quick end to this shutdown  :-\

John.....good luck to your son :)

Eddie....sounds like a perfect night on the ice, hope the edges hold up  ;D

IW.....glad the stove went in with no problems  :)

CapJ....I’m guessing you’re ready for a flood  ???  even with the occasional freeze up my lawn still has standing water in many spots, more rain is not needed  >:(

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14436 on: Jan 05, 2019, 08:40 AM »
The fog I had at day light has started to clear up. No ice making for the next week. The ice is only going the get worse with the guessed 40's for next week. The driveway ice melted off yesterday.

Capt Jim Are you talking Baker scaffolds. I have used them a few times. They are sure great. I think you are using regualr scaffold with that ceiling height. Pop corn is not hat hard to remove if it did not have primer put in it when it was sprayed just messy.  Ihad a supposed painter stop at a place I was working. He wondered why I was taking off the popcorn? It had been put on over plaster that had cracked down the road. I had to get it off the fix the cracks and respray it. That guy did not stay around long as I do not think he was getting any work. I kept the door locked after that encounter so he did not stand around and watch.

I can put up with the naps it is the fatigue that gets to me. I have a Dr's appointment this week so it is on the list I need to discuss with him. I thnk my cpap and bi pap have ended my snoring. If I end up sleeping on my back I end up with a  dry mouth so maybe it didn't. I neve have styed awake to find out.

Iff I was watching Homestead Rescue the other night. He was making a 12 volt charger on a dog sled for an off grid couple. One of the bike tires that ran the charger was studded. He put soft wire, maybe tie wire, on around the other tire to make it grip the snow. Might be an idea if you are planning to use the bike one the ice.

IW For some reason I was thinking a heavy wood stove. I have a HD two wheeled cart that I move a lot of things with. I was remodeling a kitchen where the owner bought a propane stove. When it was delivered the orfaces were not changed which ticked me off. I made the dealer come and change them as they should have been done before it was delivered.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14437 on: Jan 05, 2019, 08:44 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, looks like we're going to be getting substantial wind and rain today.

Worse part of this with my back is its the same injury that I lost work for 4 months. Workers comp says that I was paid for my time out and fixed correctly even though the doctor who fixed me said its the same injury. Its in the hands of a judge so we have to wait and see what happens.

I hope everyone has a good day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Online IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14438 on: Jan 05, 2019, 09:05 AM »
Good Morning ER's,

Eddie no on a tow bar, Jogging stroller has a bracket to attach to the rear wheel  ;D

District manager was in and said all the fixtures have been delivered to the Gander store  :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Didn't say when we would be assembling them  :unsure: :unsure:

OK who is a math expert  ??? how long at 20 miles an hour to cover 8 miles ? Would be fun to ride to work in good weather maybe  :laugh:
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14439 on: Jan 05, 2019, 10:24 AM »
IFF....24 minutes

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #14440 on: Jan 05, 2019, 12:38 PM »
Good day,steady rain falling currently dry on Sunday and then Wintry mix Monday night that may end as rain on Tuesday.  Guess it is a good day to do some house work and a little shopping later today.
Eddie good you got in another fishing trip if your getting the same rain as me think it will be a while before you ice fish again. Glad your new crew members are fitting in must be noisy and dusty work removing the terrazzo.
Ice Wanderer may you get over the viral infection quickly. Just thought there might be some bacterial growth in your C-pap machine causing the runny nose . Good to hear stove install was easy job assume you needed to change orifices since you use propane gas .
Whopper Stopper happy to read chiropractor's suggestions are helping your back. Is my memory correct and your hurt your ribs deer hunting in 2017 believe it was while dragging out your deer.
Wallyworld good to read your fish camp had no problems.
hunts2long may your wife get to stay home for an extended length of time. Great to hear the tissue removed from lung was not cancer. Best to you and your team at the bowling alley tomorrow night.
Deerfishyfishy may your area of NY. get some ice now that you have Fridays free to fish.
Tom Turkey any news from Mr. Hailstone if he had the winning bid on the guns. Sad how the producers of so called "reality TV" programs feel the need to place people in dangerous situations  to get higher ratings.
Fishin John find it even more impressive given your health issues the work pace you kept between the deer processing and your main job. Best to your son at the tournament today, watched some You Tube videos on the double arm bar if you can apply it properly looks like a great way to control your opponent and possibly gain a pin fall. May all go well with apple tree take down.
Capt.Jim or should I say Noah may you only use your boat for a fishing trip and not emergency evacuation. Sounds like you have the painting under control. Have you tried any of the "Copper Fit" line of products to see if they would provide any help in dealing with your RA.
Icefisher-45 sorry to read your work comp. case is now in a judges hands may the decision be in your favor.
IFF have fun with the fat bike . Good to hear fixtures are finally at your store.

A safe and good day to all.
Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14441 on: Jan 05, 2019, 03:02 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

I just got home from the shack. A lot more snow up there than we have here at home. As I pulled up I noticed some old tracks in the snow. Someone made their way through the swamp, around my gate, and backed up to my woodshed.

It looked like they made two trips and helped themselves to a full cord of dry split red oak. I sure hope it was stolen to help heat their house and keep the kids warm. It would really piss me off if they just took it to sell.

I guess I will be able to add that to my to do list once the snow goes down. Sometimes it sure is hard to keep positive toward people.

Hope you are all having a good Saturday! Stay safe.

WS

Offline deerefishyfishy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14442 on: Jan 05, 2019, 04:50 PM »
Good afternoon gang,

WS, several years ago I had someone steal a full chord of split cherry out of a field where I had worked to cut and split it out of a hedgerow. I had the same exact thoughts... I hope it at least went to good use because they actually NEEDED it. The best way I have ever heard this kind of situation described is that "some people just suck!" Sorry you had to deal with it also.

I finally got the Christmas tree taken down and drug outside yesterday. Spent this morning cleaning up.needles all over the back porch and getting the tree to the burn pile. We had a HUGE tree this year so I cut it into 4 pieces to get it outside! It was all I could do to get it into the house through a standard sized doorway. The older daughter had a field hockey game this afternoon. Her team played ok but they looked a little bit flat for some reason. Thanks to all concerned about the govt shutdown. Luckily, my wife and I are both very good with money so we will be ok for quite a while. It really takes away the motivation to work hard when you know there won't be a paycheck for a long time though! I will continue to give 100% either way.

Hope everyone has a nice evening and a great day tomorrow!
The hardest part of ice fishing is casting!

Early to bed, early to rise
fish all day and make up lies!

Online IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14443 on: Jan 05, 2019, 07:47 PM »
Good evening  Dang Marv, that sucks.  Meet up with some locals, at my home lake, for a Brewski, Brats, Chilly fest on the ice and found a surprising good 5", did fish the late afternoon, evening, but only marked bait fish.

Thanks WW, that what I thought it might be.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #14444 on: Jan 05, 2019, 09:01 PM »
Good evening . Whopper Stopper may the firewood theft be a one time incident and not the start of problems at your shack. IFF nothing like a day on the ice with friends and good food/drink.Deerfishyfishy happy to read you will be able to survive the shut down for some time. Keep up the positive attitude will make your work days better.

A good night to all.
Steve

Offline choo choo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14445 on: Jan 05, 2019, 09:52 PM »
That is lousy Whopper Stopper...hopefully nothing else turns up missing in the future.
Good luck to everyone that is fishing tomorrow.
My boots on some ice... A line down a hole...Some fish on the screen... And a flag in the air !......Winter is Good !!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #14446 on: Jan 06, 2019, 03:55 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                           It's 31* and cloudy here on my hill a high of 33* is expected. ::)
                           Marv........I would set up a trail cam and try to get the plate # and give it to the police. :%$#!:
                           Tom.........I bought the stove at Lowe's and even if they deliver the stove they won't change the orifices or hook it to the gas line.
                 It's an insurance thing.  :cookoo:
                           DFF..........You really stretched the Christmas tree thing. They get too dry and the needles are all over the place! :%$#!:
                           Bud..........Brats and a Brew is a great combination. :thumbsup: :clap:
                           Steve.......Since I've been sick I clean the Cpap machine they way they say to after a weeks use every day. :flex:
                           Not much going on today, maybe some football, to the Cowboy fans congrats on the win but sorry to see a terrible injury to wide receiver
                 Hurns. :(
                           I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out fishing

IW!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14447 on: Jan 06, 2019, 05:14 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  33* on the Hill this am, winds are suppose to pick up into the 20’s with some snow showers possible, high of 36.

Jeff...I was hoping to hit 4th Lake this am and see about getting on some smelt and Lakers. Enjoy the football games, hope your shoulder is feeling ok this am.    :thumbsup:
  Marv...that really sucks about the wood being stolen. Agree with Jeff, good time to set up those game cameras again and see if you can get the thieves on camera! Had a friend who bought a few of those fake security cameras, little battery operated red light, had similar problems at his camp with break ins. He mounted them and left a note on his door as well that said “ smile for the camera %#@$&*”.  Another guy at work has a security system at his camp that instantly notifys him on his phone when someone or something breaks the beam...not sure on the cost, but I could find out tomorrow if you’re interested.
  ChooChoo...best of luck to you also today!  :thumbsup:
  Steve...we got a good soaking here also! A friend of mine said the shoreline held up enough that guys were out yesterday. Was going to head up to OldForge area this am, but had to pass. Might just take a ride and see how the local ice held up.
  Bud...sounds like a nice feast out on the ice, better luck today if you’re fishing...was that at Cherry Creek?    Cant wait to see that electric bike tricked out for the ice....awesome!   :thumbsup:
  I-45...don’t get discouraged with what Workers Comp claims, they’re not the one suffering. Keep the faith and stay positive...thoughts and prayers sent!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...nice job on the math... :clap:    ;D.
  DFF...wish our tree would have made it to New Years, but it got so darn dry it had to go. That will start our first fire in the spring. Thanks for your service and dedication to your job, your words speak volumes...something that isn’t heard very much anymore. Best wishes on a quick end to this shutdown and normalcy back in your life.   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Tom...have you seen anyone out on the ice there yet this year?

Going to check the ice and see if I can get a short trip in this am. With NY’s foolish bait law, we’re only allowed to use live bait purchased from a certified dealer for 10 days until it is no longer legal....still don’t get it, but that’s the way it is here.
  Will check in to see how everyone’s doing later....cawfee’s on!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14448 on: Jan 06, 2019, 06:27 AM »
Good Morning. 34 degrees this morning.
Friday I dropped my deer head off to have Euro mount done for my daughter. The guy told me he cut way back on the number of heads he is doing. Last year he did over 400 and this past season only about 150. He hasn't fished in 2 summers.
My nephew and his father were running some new sap lines yesterday. It was nice enough they could have been tapping. I am sure it will be a while before that happens. So far the deer are having a pretty good winter. Only 5/6 inches of snow in the woods.

Eddie good luck if you find some good ice. I did see a couple guys on the ice yesterday but they weren't out very far. I drove around most of the main part of the lake on Friday and saw NOT one shanty on the lake and NO tracks on anyone walking out on the ice. In many places there was 20 to 30 feet of iffy ice along shorelines.

Ice 45 hope all works out for you. They always want you to jump though all the hoops.

Wife is doing well. I just have to keep reminding her to go slow and take it easy. Since Oct she has been in the hospital 45 days, she just has to take some time to get back to where she was. We see her DR. on 1/15, she is already hoping she is told at that time that she can go back to the gym. I say, We will see. She says, Yes, Dr. Doug.

Have a great Sunday....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14449 on: Jan 06, 2019, 08:01 AM »
The weather guessers have total reversed their guess for next week. From the 40's originally they are calling for freezing rain and snow on Monday. Marv might be getting some nasty stuff today. I planed on taking some stuff over to the auction place to sell on this weeks auction tomorrow morning. I will have to wait and see what tomorrow brings.

I am clearing out some stuff so my kids do not have to deal with it later. I went through the tanned fur I used over the years all over the state putting on fur and trap displays. All I will keep are were some hides that have a significance to me.  First beaver, first otter, a coyote and a coydog, which is wild breeding of a yote and a dog.

Eddie Their was a few out fishing earlier. Lately with the warm temperatures I have not seen anyone.

Marv It is sad that some people feel that is allright to steal things. When they widened the power line easement on my property I put up a cable right away as there was some oak fire wood and pine logs that I did want stolen. Across from my sons house there are a couple of brothers that sell fire wood. I am sure they have stolen some things off of my property earlier. When they cleared along the power line on the road edge my son quickly cut up the oak and cherry so no one stole it. A while latter I caught a guy cutting up and taking the pine, that was really trash. We got into quite an argument.  If he had asked he could have had it. I am sure it was him that came back and took some dead aspen that had fallen onto my property from the next property.

Last night at bingo a rediculoulys funny thing happened. Their is an OCD guy that parks in the back corner of the parking lot and makes his wife, that works bingo, park there also so no one hits their vehicles. Last night he hit her car with his truck. He never reported it to the cops so he will have to pay the repair bill. This same guy unlocks and locks the senior center every day. When he opened it up Saturday the lights were on in the kitchen even after we changed the locks on the building. He was more concerned  that a roll of paper towels had been stolen than some one had gotten into the building.

Steve I do not know if Chip even bid on the guns. He has not answered my last pm. I will talk to the owner of the auction house tomorrow to get things cleared up about Chip buying.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14450 on: Jan 06, 2019, 11:17 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

26 heading to 36 later today. It appears this afternoon evening the rain will move in and make for some slippery driving for the morning commute.

Yesterday I changed cards in the camera in the backyard. I have been watching a good sized buck for the last month or so. Besides a very nice rack he evidently tangled with a car or something and has a broken front leg. It must have happened a while ago as he walks on it but with a very noticeable limp. Anyway I noticed he was missing his head gear and had two sore looking spots on his head.

This morning the s-i-l and  I spent a 2-3  hours outback searching areas all around mine trying to spot a dropped antler. I finally gave up, but it sure would have been nice to find. It would have been too easy if he had dropped them by the camersa ;D

TT hope you miss the rain, the freezing variety  isn't good for anything :%$#!:

IW and Eddie, I am going to stick a camera up the next time I go to the shack. Every time I get comfortable leaving things or believing in humanity some scum proves me wrong. If someone had needed the wood and asked, I would have given it to them, I have in the past. I am just glad they didn't put a block through one of the windows. I have a lock on the door to keep the honest people out but haven't found anything yet to deter the rest. I am afraid some of my ideas would get me "Three hots and a cot".

Hope you all have an excellent Afternoon :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14451 on: Jan 06, 2019, 05:29 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, Weird weather when we came out of church this morning.  It was snowing then hailing. I hope everyone had a good day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #14452 on: Jan 06, 2019, 09:40 PM »
Good evening windy here today temperature reached lower forties felt colder with the wind chill.
Ice Wanderer seem everyone today is worried about liability claims. Good that you and your sons could change the orifices and hook stove up to gas line and not have to hire a plumber. Next time you see your breathing therapist ask her about a C-pap machine cleaning system called So-Clean I've seen TV adds for this machine might be easier then hand cleaning depending on cost.
Eddie I believe NY. first started requiring certified bait fish back in 2007 after some federal agency issued a report of fish in the great lakes having a virus that caused bleeding . Most of the bait fish sold at Ny.bait shops comes from the great lakes. At one time you only had seven days to use your bait. I do not know how far of a drive it is for you but have seen reports of people fishing on Piseco Lake (Hamilton county, Adks.) remember in the past you have made trips to central part of the state to fish for lake trout.
Tom Turkey good thinking on cleaning out some belongings from your house. Wonder who has a key to senior center that no one supposedly knows about I'm assuming there were no signs of forced entry into the building.May you get some news on if Chip Hailstone placed a bid on the guns and acquired them.
Whopper Stopper good idea on placing trail cameras by your shack hopefully the firewood theft will be a one time thing and you will have no other problems. Funny how the bucks with larger antlers always show up in areas with no hunting.
icefisher-45 I had a brief period of snow around noon time otherwise just a windy day.
FishinJohn how did your son do at yesterday's tournament.
Wallyworld guess you had computer problems or busy day will look for your post tomorrow.

Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14453 on: Jan 07, 2019, 02:18 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  NW winds still blowing in the teens this am. Clear and 15*, high of 25 today.

Steve...Piseco is on my list for this season, never made it to there or Pleasant last year, it’s about 100 mile drive. Sounds like a good lake from all the reports, seems to have plenty of smaller lake trout willing to bite....must be a few bigger ones in there as well not being talked about, lol. 
  Marv...hope the visit to the chiropractor goes well today for you.  :thumbsup:  That buck sounds like he must have been a nice one, how big was he Marv? 
  Tom...good luck with the auction, hope all your items sell at a good price!   :thumbsup:
  H2....glad your wife is feeling better, best wishes to her staying on that path now!   :clap:  A buddy of mine mentioned yesterday the lake level is higher now than it normally is in the Spring time on GSL. Crazy winter so far!

Made it out on the ice yesterday with no problems. Spudded my way out, ice was still good in shallower water. Went back for the last few hours in the afternoon, winds were pretty awful with snow showers.
  Around 4pm, I had the whole lake to myself...until some guy came out in an ice sailing boat. Maybe he checked the ice in advance, but I highly doubt it. I couldn’t believe my eyes watching him sailing out over the deepest part of the lake, over and over.
  Pulled out my phone and snapped a few pictures, was ready to dial 911 if necessary. Don’t believe he could have possibly been on more than 2” of ice over 60’ of water....can’t figure these people out.    :cookoo:
  Time to start a new week...cawfee’s on.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14454 on: Jan 07, 2019, 05:14 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

39 heading to 44. The freezing rain all slid off to the north leaving us with basically nothing :clap:

Eddie glad you were able to spend some time in the ice pac. I have spent the last hour trying to find a picture of the buck but no luck. Not sure what happened but pictures and documents are all combined. Looks like a job for the s-i-l Lol
He wasn't a monster by no means  but had a very nice spread and a heavy symmetric 8 point rack. I would have liked to have found them.

IW did the teams win that you were pulling for yesterday? I sure would hate to be the bears kicker and have to live with that clanker the rest of my live :%$#!:

John hope the tourney went well for your son :thumbsup:

WW Hope you had a relaxing weekend. What's on the planner today?

I am off to the elliptical in a bit and then off to the jungle for another Chiropractor visit. My back is better but not ready to sling a saw by no means.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #14455 on: Jan 07, 2019, 05:40 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Marv, ER's,
                          It's 6* and clear here on my hill, the winds really blew yesterday. ::)
                          Eddie.......Some people just don't think about ice thickness when they see ice covering the whole lake. ???
                          Marv........I wasn't routing for the Bears or the Eagles, I just like watching good games. I always thought calling a time out
                to jinx a kicker was a waste of time but I guess it worked yesterday. :woot: Sorry you didn't find the rack you were looking for. :(
                          Steve.......When I got the Cpap machine I asked the therapist about those cleaning machines and She said they are a waste of money.
                My machine has only one tube, air coming from the machine, my exhale air goes out of the mask. The only parts that need to be cleaned daily
                is the mask and a short hose coming off the mask. The longer tube and the water tank is to be cleaned weekly by using warm soapy water. the tank
                should be cleaned with 3 parts water and 1 part vinegar. ;D
                           Not much going on today, it's tough not being able to get on the ice, my wife asked why I don't go, I'm just doing what the Dr. said. I
                don't want to do more damage to my shoulder than there is already.
                           I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14456 on: Jan 07, 2019, 06:05 AM »
Good Morning ER's some good games over the weekend. Marv sorry to read about your wood being taken. Anyone besides Eddy get out over the weekend/any luck. I hope the workers comp thing goes well for 45. How did the wrestler do? Time to fill the coffee cup and recharge for this week. IW good your taking it slow for awhile. Have a good day all.

Online IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14457 on: Jan 07, 2019, 06:08 AM »
Good Morning ER' OG

Eddie yes that was at Cherry Creek, One I had not meet before, said he thought he would be the oldest one there. I ask him if he knew what some called me  ???  HOG, that stands for Head Old Guy  ;D  He just turned 69, anyway it was good to be on the ice with friends I had not seen in a couple years.

I sent an email to my primary care doctor last evening, to see about having a look at this swollen calf/shin I have and surprise the swelling is down this morning, can't say the same for the soreness though, I spent most of yesterday with it elevated, well have to see what it does as I will be working today.

Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14458 on: Jan 07, 2019, 06:24 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....hope that leg issue is nothing serious  :-\ 

IW.....better to get the shoulder squared away first, there will be other ice seasons  ;)

H2L....good sign that MrsH2L is getting antsy to hit the gym  :flex:  hope the bowling went well last night   :)

MrC....no computer problems, just lazy I guess  :blink:  we didn't get any precip in this area lots of wind tho  ::)

Eddie....glad you found fishable ice still  :clap:  guess people have been fishing Delta lake for awhile but reports have been saying the edges are sketchy  :nono:  the temps this coming weekend should take care of that   :icefish:

WS.....anyone that trespasses and steals someone else's property should expect to meet up with Mr S&W  >:D   :whistle:  it's crazy people can get jammed up protecting what's theirs  :cookoo: :%$#!:

OG.....hope all is well with you and the coffee's doing it's job  ;)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14459 on: Jan 07, 2019, 07:07 AM »
We did not get much of whatever came down over night. I have not been out yet to check what it was. There is a big dry hole over a big part of mid Michigan right now. With Fox down on our cable their is no local news after 7 am to see what went on over night. I need to get on the road before the weather in Wisconson gets here.

WS I noticed on the radar that you were not getting any thing last night. Lucky you!!! The weather guesser out of the northern lower said that the northen part of the state will be making ice later in the week with negitive low temperatures.

Who knows who is getting into the center. One of the board mebers that demands a key and is not getting one is friends with a woman with a key. Even thoght they keys have do not duplicaate on them maybe she found some one to make her a key. I checked the back door yesterday. I saw no evidecene of some one trying to get it open. With the light being on who ever got in had to have done it when it was dark out side. The police staton is right out the back door of the center. They have numbers to call if  something like lights being on. They are more interested in writing speeding tickets than any thing else.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.