The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: cohen park ST.A  (Read 1900 times)

Offline stick eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
cohen park ST.A
« on: Mar 05, 2018, 02:35 PM »
has anyone been down by popsquash . I want to go there but hate to waste a trip if there's no one else out fishing. shore conditions ? 

Offline ice fiend

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • im a die hard ice fishing addict 'nuff said
Re: cohen park ST.A
« Reply #1 on: Mar 05, 2018, 04:04 PM »
I don’t think that’s safe shore line in the saintva area is going fast
i told myself id be back by 2 i guess i didnt factor in that the fish were biting

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 05, 2018, 06:56 PM »
Havent seen anyone on the ice in weeks. Shores have 10' of open water in some spots.

Offline stick eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2018, 02:27 PM »
if you haven't seen anyone on the ice in weeks you must not be looking.   Just back from van everest. nice day on the ice.

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 06, 2018, 05:27 PM »
if you haven't seen anyone on the ice in weeks you must not be looking.   Just back from van everest. nice day on the ice.

Yeah....uhh. .I live on the lake and the back of my house faces popasquash...and no I havent seen anyone out there for a long time. Maybe over near Maquam bay where it's 2' deep or they only fish when I'm not home??? I could use a ladder to access the ice at my place, but I don't feel like going for a swim through a soft spot. A guy told me his son fell through the ice in 7' of water on Carry...said it wasn't even an old hole, just a soft spot under snow.

I was on the ice Sunday myself, but not at my house. So yes, there are people on the ice. We know.

Offline stick eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 06, 2018, 05:58 PM »
easy now...don't get all testy ..you live near the LAKE so i'm sure your a expert on ice conditions  ::)

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 06, 2018, 06:49 PM »
easy now...don't get all testy ..you live near the LAKE so i'm sure your a expert on ice conditions  ::)

It's funny that you made this thread asking for ice conditions at Cohen and me literally living right next to popasquash and a quarter mile from Cohen( I was standing at my window looking at the island while I responded) is somehow not a good enough report for you, and then you proceed to insult me as if I'm implying unsafe ice at Popasquash somehow means the entire Northeastern part of the US has unsafe ice. Go figure.  ??? ??? If you come up and end up falling in a soft spot, stop on over and I'll let you warm up at my place.  ;)  Or maybe hit up Monkton pond, I hear people are doing the penguin plunge over there.

Offline stick eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 06, 2018, 07:05 PM »
nice guy you are making fun of people that fall thru the ice and are lucky to get out. My last post on this site. People like you experts have what was a fun site to visit no more.  hope you do your PENGUIN plunge one day

Offline hagstah

• IceShanty Rookie
  • If you can't take winter, you dont deserve summer!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 06, 2018, 07:26 PM »
VTMatt I guess thats what you get for being a good guy and answering a question.............. ....**censored**?? down here in Mass, guys ask for ice sonditions and get the Ol....." find out for yourself" BS. Kudos to you, I think stick eyes is trolling or maybe just a id that thinks he knows everything. I mean why ask a question and then provoke the replies ?? SMH             unreal

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 06, 2018, 07:35 PM »
nice guy you are making fun of people that fall thru the ice and are lucky to get out. My last post on this site. People like you experts have what was a fun site to visit no more.  hope you do your PENGUIN plunge one day

I wouldn't be making fun of them if they hadn't made it, that's for sure.  Why are you even asking for reports if you're not willing to LISTEN to what people have to say?  I havent seen anyone near my place on the ice for a while, and the fishing was slow before that. You want me to be that guy that tells you the bite is hot and the ice is safe, knowing it's not?  You yourself stated a week ago that the ice at Van Everest was DONE, yet you just recently fished it?  I hope people know not to take your advice.

Offline Kmac

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Mar 06, 2018, 08:29 PM »
Wow. Can’t believe what I just read. Sorry you had to deal with that VTMATT.

Offline WVBoy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "I am haunted by water." - Norman Maclean -
« Reply #11 on: Mar 06, 2018, 11:05 PM »
Matt is right. Champlain took a beating the last week. Anything south of Maquam should be considered dangerous. Cambells was loosing ice fast and I was busting through the shorelines over the weekend. The best ice ive seen so far is still Miss bay, and I live in here in Highgate Springs. If you dont know the area I would heed caution. There are some cracks that have opened and soft ice at the washout.
"Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths." - Jimmy D Moore

Offline ice fiend

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • im a die hard ice fishing addict 'nuff said
« Reply #12 on: Mar 09, 2018, 10:36 AM »
The nek still has good ice funny that living on the bay isn’t a good enough source of info for him
i told myself id be back by 2 i guess i didnt factor in that the fish were biting

Offline Hardwater Renegade

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Mar 09, 2018, 11:28 AM »
Fished carry bay Monday and it wasn't bad 2-3" of honey comb on top the rest was decent but it is getting soft for sure. That will be my last trip over there this year, I'm sure the snow isn't going to help much either. VTMatt I would take your word on the conditions seeing you literally live right there, some people just like to be keyboard warriors, but hey if he wants to find out for himself it's not like you didn't try to warn him.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14 on: Mar 09, 2018, 06:42 PM »
Fished south of 78 Saturday.  That ice did take a beating.  2 weeks prior I was driving on it.  It was still over a ft but the channel opened up a lot.  Ice wouldnt hold any water either. 

Let this guy find out himself.  It was a 8 hours in the car for me to check and fish Saturday...for 3 flags!  I'd do it again too!

Offline Beatsworking

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Even a bad day...
« Reply #15 on: Mar 19, 2018, 08:21 AM »
Hey VTMATT. I appreciated your info on not seeing anybody out fishing by Popsquash. Saved me a trip from Hinesburg. With this cold snap, my hopes are high for getting back out there this week. I was wondering if you've seen anybody out fishing lately? Has the shoreline refrozen enough to get onto the ice? Thanks.

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Mar 19, 2018, 08:23 AM »
Hey VTMATT. I appreciated your info on not seeing anybody out fishing by Popsquash. Saved me a trip from Hinesburg. With this cold snap, my hopes are high for getting back out there this week. I was wondering if you've seen anybody out fishing lately? Has the shoreline refrozen enough to get onto the ice? Thanks.

I walked out yesterday. Shores were solid. Over 10" of ice. I would still be cautious of soft spots.

Offline Beatsworking

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Even a bad day...
« Reply #17 on: Mar 19, 2018, 10:15 AM »
Great news! Thanks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.