The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Madison Lakes  (Read 888 times)

Offline PutEmInTheBoat

• IceShanty Rookie
Madison Lakes
« on: Jan 27, 2019, 10:09 AM »
Anyone else from around here? We've been doing pretty good on monona and waubesa. Bunch of Pike, few walleyes, and been crushing the bluegills.
Took out a buddy of mine for his first time on the ice the other day, and we put over 75 fish top side in under 3 hours. Lots of small gills, but for someone who had never done it before, it seemed to be the right choice. He had a blast, and can't wait to go out again he says. Got some other videos on the channel from recent ice trips. I've been hoping to link up with someone around here who knows their crapake, because this is my first year taking it serious. Be nice to learn from someone, usually goes quicker than learning on my own hahaha.

check out the video from the other day!

Offline FilletShow

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Madison Lakes
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2019, 05:21 PM »
PutEmInTheBoat:

Glad you are having a good time on the Madison lakes.  Looks like you found the community spots, and they are usually good.  Like most people do in town, look for others, and plan on a trip back to that area to see what’s swimming.  Tough year to be mobile with the snow as of late, and the thin ice in spots.  Be careful of the bigger lakes, they can be hazardous even when there is a lot of ice on the areas you mentioned.  Check with the bait shops as well, as they can give you an idea of safe areas and where the bite is currently.
Good luck, stay on top.

Fs

Offline PutEmInTheBoat

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Madison Lakes
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2019, 06:41 PM »
Right on FS, thanks buddy! I fish the area in the summer a lot, but never really took ice fishing too serious. I am taking Friday off, and bringing one of my employees, my girlfriend, and a buddy of mine out in the morning on Waubesa. Checked the lake today, and it doesn't seem too bad. Not too slushy, didn't see too many giant drifts, and it seemed like the machines have packed the snow down a fair bit so dragging the sled wont be so bad.

I'll report back with how I do, if you're from around here, and wouldn't mind showing me around a spot or two, I would be very appreciative. Send me a PM or something on here if so, and we can make it happen.

Looks like a lot of rain this weekend, I would imagine the flooding could get pretty nasty if it is as bad as they say.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.