Author Topic: Firehouse tip ups  (Read 1885 times)

Offline Steelhead920

• IceShanty Rookie
Firehouse tip ups
« on: Oct 30, 2017, 12:34 PM »
I stopped in at cabelas today to see what new type of ice fishing gear they had out and I ran into the firehouse tip up. It has a very interesting design and it's kinda cool, but when I thought about it I can get almost 3 beaver dams for the price of 1 firehouse. Any thoughts? And here is the link
http://firehouseproductsllc.com

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
Re: Firehouse tip ups
« Reply #1 on: Oct 30, 2017, 12:40 PM »
Been looking at these since this summer, I'm a bit concerned about how sturdy it is in bad weather and seeing the light during the day. Then there's the 100.00 price tag.
I like the looks of it, just don't want to be the Guinea Pig.

Offline Jason1817

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Firehouse tip ups
« Reply #2 on: Oct 30, 2017, 12:53 PM »
I bought 4 last year, sold all but 1. Honestly I didn’t like them at all. It’s a nice idea however, with some draw backs. The bag I stored them in the light switch had the tendency to turn on by itself if something bumped the switch. Get to the fishing spot batteries are dead....now u have a tip up that has no indication of a strike....and there a royal pain to change the batteries. Also they freeze  up badly....yes u can bank snow or ice around them but good luck getting it unstuck bc of the shape....to answer your question yes there durable and the light is crazy bright so truly it’s not a problem seeing them during the day, if it had an alarm with lights it would
be way better....I have one left I’ll give u a good deal on and u can try one for yourself PM me if interested....but honestly buy a jaw jacked or a bite me box you’d be much happier

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.