New Hampshire > Ice Fishing New Hampshire

Second but last ice session?

<< < (2/7) > >>

DowneastPescador:
Beauty white perch. The flasher really changes the game.

Lv2hunt:
Nice haul way to go!

FishingFredrik:
I might have spoken too soon - it looks like there's still ice within reach. I'm not going to risk my life for a few dinks, but if the ice test checks out, why not take advantage, right?

fishingidjit:

--- Quote from: FishingFredrik on Apr 04, 2023, 10:37 AM ---I might have spoken too soon - it looks like there's still ice within reach. I'm not going to risk my life for a few dinks, but if the ice test checks out, why not take advantage, right?

--- End quote ---

IMHO, Late ice is dangerous ice .

FishingFredrik:
It would seem there hasn't been much action on this forum since I posted this in early April. It may have something to do with that thing we call summer.

I think I had a great last season with several nice hauls of white perch, yellows, smallmouths and lakers. I noticed that someone on this thread had posted: "imagine how well you'd do with a flasher". While I generally embrace new tech and rely on AI a lot in my job, I have resisted using a sonar on the ice. I think I've been afraid of taking away the element of surprise when the fish hits. And also that once I'd tried fishing with a sonar, I wouldn't be able to go back to fishing without one.

Well, I have changed my position and am currently trying to figure out what kind of sonar / flasher to get. I definitely need to read up on the different kinds of technologies and features available, as I've been out of the sonar loop for almost two decades. What I do know is that I'm looking for a unit that has GPS/Navionics and, well, whatever you guys recommend in terms of fishfinder technology. I'd greatly appreciate all and any pointers, suggestions and rationales.

Cheer,
Fred

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version