Author Topic: The legend of the pink flamingo  (Read 12192 times)

Offline Hottuna5150

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: The legend of the pink flamingo
« Reply #90 on: Mar 08, 2023, 07:28 PM »
Perhaps I should not have been a fisherman, he thought. But that was the thing that I was born for.
-Ernest Hemingway

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #91 on: Mar 09, 2023, 01:55 PM »
Yup

Bump. Let the flamingo stretch his wings.   The ice is melting and I need to see his secret trout spots.
Just add water.

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #92 on: Mar 09, 2023, 05:36 PM »
FREE the FLAMINGO!!!!

- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #93 on: Mar 09, 2023, 07:06 PM »
FREE the FLAMINGO!!!!

This is going on my fridge! Bahahahaha!
Just add water.

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #94 on: Mar 27, 2023, 03:20 PM »
Flamingo sighting in San Diego.  Can't seem to get away from this creature.

Salmonemia

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #95 on: Mar 30, 2023, 05:19 PM »
I finally got caught up on this thread!
My computer is on it's way out, so I use it very infrequently. It's on the list of things to buy, right after the roof and electrical work.  ::)

Beautiful work as usual, Joe. Did you give it to him, or is this going to be an ice event?

So it looks like I missed some goings on around here. I'm guessing Snitch got a life sentence, and Frank is just in county jail?

Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #96 on: Mar 30, 2023, 07:05 PM »
I finally got caught up on this thread!
My computer is on it's way out, so I use it very infrequently. It's on the list of things to buy, right after the roof and electrical work.  ::)

Beautiful work as usual, Joe. Did you give it to him, or is this going to be an ice event?

So it looks like I missed some goings on around here. I'm guessing Snitch got a life sentence, and Frank is just in county jail?

I had him drive down to the flat land for presentation,  I also used the opportunity to thin out a ",few" plugs I had hanging around, I found some odds and ends of equipment iv'e" outgrown", I showed him my plug building equipment and brewery, we shared a home brew and a few laughs and vowed to get together on my boat, as he headed back to Maine, he gifted me some home made maple syrup, both dark  and  light  as well as some maple cream, of which I'm going to.make maple doughnuts  for Sunday breakfast.easter sunday.and last but not least,  he gifted me a package of the coveted RED SNAPPER hot dogs.. can you say DOG  heaven.
Yes, snitch is in purgatory,  and Frank .is on extended time out.

I will get us all (loyal flamingo followers) together EARLY next season for a season  kick off, the ice conditions will surely be more reliable then.

I'm on vacation  next week, time to ready the truck for the summer(I finally  got it back from the body shop).. get the cover off the boat, and ready my lobster pots .. striper season is just around the corner.

"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #97 on: Apr 01, 2023, 10:55 AM »
Good stuff Joe.  I'm in the same mode.  Winter fishing with the small boat cracked the water pressure guage so thats pissing water under the dash.  Need to fix that, then get the lower fixed on the other boat and get it in its slip.  Looking forward to some nice bass maybe a tuna.

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #98 on: Apr 01, 2023, 05:16 PM »
I bet frank was in plug heaven down there. Can't wait to see the flamingo trap on its maiden voyage next season.
Didn't get a chance last summer but I hope to meet up with you guys on the salt.
I bet you're glad to get that truck back joe, so you can get on with the saltwater prep. It'll be here in no time.
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #99 on: Apr 01, 2023, 07:14 PM »
I bet frank was in plug heaven down there. Can't wait to see the flamingo trap on its maiden voyage next season.
Didn't get a chance last summer but I hope to meet up with you guys on the salt.
I bet you're glad to get that truck back joe, so you can get on with the saltwater prep. It'll be here in no time.

Ray put it best by saying  he'd be a tripod.

Yes very happy to get my truck back. Doing a major maintenance bon it this week while I'm on vacation.

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #100 on: Apr 02, 2023, 03:01 PM »
Sounds like a good time - hopefully you'll enjoy the donuts as much as frank will the plugs...

Glad you got your truck back - that seemed like a very long time... I am sure your eager to get it ready.

I hear the striper run will be early this year - hopefully its a banner season for you.

Looking forward to the get together next season, and maybe something before....

Have a great "off season" everyone...

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #101 on: Apr 02, 2023, 06:00 PM »
Mild winter, hard winter, warm, cold. Bass will be here around the same within a week always. Mother Nature tells Father Time how he rolls
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #102 on: Apr 02, 2023, 07:25 PM »
Sounds like a good time - hopefully you'll enjoy the donuts as much as frank will the plugs...

Glad you got your truck back - that seemed like a very long time... I am sure your eager to get it ready.

I hear the striper run will be early this year - hopefully its a banner season for you.

Looking forward to the get together next season, and maybe something before....

Have a great "off season" everyone...

Glad to have it back too.spending the next week going through it @ the 80K mark....
As for the bass, Frank and I talked about this subject and agee,like girls in bikinis  the bass follow the sun, temp has very little to do with migration, it effects feeding  and spawning,  but when it comes time to travel, I've got 40 plus years of records showing them arriving  within a week of the prior year..
I'll be waiting.

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
« Reply #103 on: Apr 04, 2023, 06:32 AM »
Well it was a crapty year to say the least but sounds like everyone was able to make it out. Good luck to you guys on the salt. i'm lucky to get out once or twice over the summer (still trying to get my first keeper) damn kids and their softball few more years there will be plenty of time to fish. Look forward to seeing you guys next season. now on to getting the turkey gear out and ready.   
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.