Author Topic: lake winni  (Read 743 times)

Offline tommyxx33

• IceShanty Rookie
lake winni
« on: Feb 10, 2014, 06:29 PM »
Fished winni this year for the derby. Havent fished it the past two years and I reminded myself why. For whatever reason I find it really hard to fish and never seem to have a good year on winni. I think the derby would be much for competitive if winni was the only lake to fish. The lakes big enough. To much of an advantage being able to fish small ponds/lakes. After fishing winni for 20+ years this was my final year of fishing it.

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
Re: lake winni
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2014, 04:13 AM »
Sorry to hear but I like having the ability to fish any water body for the derby.  I think it is good business for bait shops across the entire state.  The only change I'd make is to have more weigh in stations.  With Facebook updates the postings could stay close to real time even if weigh stations were spread across the state.  This would allow more fish time on competitive waters (like a little spot in the south western part of the state). 
"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2014, 07:18 AM »
Another post that wants to reduce ticket sales to the Rotary Club. You guys need to stop thinking you are professional, money making fishermen- you aren't! Again, since no one seems to know the purpose of the derby, I will post a link to Rotary International AGAIN. Please familiarize yourself with what this fantastic organization does.
https://www.rotary.org/
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline NHSlabbinCabin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2014, 03:57 PM »
My crew and I don't plan on fishing Winni next year. Going to hunt for more fertile ground. I've been contemplating targeting crappie next year but I love hunting for lakers. Too many choices!

Offline Art 53

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Good things come to those who bait
« Reply #4 on: Feb 11, 2014, 05:47 PM »
AA I couldn't agree more.  I've never fished the derby for just that reason add more weigh in stations and I'd be all over it.

Offline EL CAPITAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2014, 05:56 PM »
Fished winni this year for the derby. Havent fished it the past two years and I reminded myself why. For whatever reason I find it really hard to fish and never seem to have a good year on winni. I think the derby would be much for competitive if winni was the only lake to fish. The lakes big enough. To much of an advantage being able to fish small ponds/lakes. After fishing winni for 20+ years this was my final year of fishing it.

I'm with u on that one 100 percent. Winni is a special fishery. You can't mix with others because each is so different
Live free or die
Trump 2020

Offline EL CAPITAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 11, 2014, 05:58 PM »
I also have to agree more stations would be better if that is the plan. Havin state wide derby.
Live free or die
Trump 2020

Offline misterharry

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 11, 2014, 06:10 PM »
For whatever/many reasons, I'm not a big fan of the new rules either. Nothing against the rotary club or anyone fishing the derby, but my last one was last year. I hope it continues to grow and be an even bigger financial success story for many. I really agree that it would be much more appealing to me, personally if it was kept to one lake.  But then, I can always fish the spring salmon derby on open water, or start fishing the Sebago or Newfound. Congrats to all who DID pull slobs out of winni. She is a cruel mistress, and makes it all the sweeter when she coughs out fish like some I saw.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.