Author Topic: Finally made it out  (Read 372 times)

Offline yellowdog4me

• IceShanty Rookie
Finally made it out
« on: Jan 28, 2013, 07:20 PM »

After many tries finally a day (Sunday) with no family obligations, sporting events, work service calls or illness etc. Fed the slime darts at a local pond all day with my boys. It wasn't fast & furious but we'll take it! Highlight of the day (I'm sure for others watching too) was the three of us trying to set up the fatfish shelter for the first time in all that wind. I laughed so hard the tears froze to my face. The plan was always to do a trial set up reading the directions and following all the steps in the basement first but that didn't happen. Well, they talked me into bringing taking it with us, next they talked me into bringing it onto the ice, then they talked me into opening it and the fun began. Picture a big guy and two decent size kids holding onto a big red sail with the word fatfish on the side being blown down the ice like they were riding on an ice boat. Anyone with a video camera would have surely had a winning entry for Americas Funniest Videos. It was great to finally get out and get the dust off all the gear and feel that tugging on the line again. Can't wait for next weekend.

Offline pirkaus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Is it safe? You go first.
Re: Finally made it out
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2013, 07:50 PM »
Glad you guys got out, and had some fun :tipup:

Pirk
It's hard for us turkeys to work.....                                    while dodging S#!* from soaring eagles

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Finally made it out
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2013, 07:52 PM »
I bet that was comical YellowDog, to be a spectator and knowing you personally would have made it even funnier. Glad to see you guys got out on the ice...... safely :) In my youth we used to race cars on that pond, maybe you're on to something ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.