Author Topic: Aqua-Vu Recording  (Read 6441 times)

Offline RebelIceFshr

• Team IceShanty Regular
Aqua-Vu Recording
« on: Feb 08, 2005, 11:10 AM »
Has anyone recorded their underwater viewing to a camcorder?
If so, how did you hook the two together?  I have RCA cables to hook into the monitor, but they don't seem to fit the camcorder.  I tried taping but to no avail.   >:(  My camcorder has S-video and Audio/Video jack.

Any info would help
Thanks

Offline southend517

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Saginaw Bay MI
Re: Aqua-Vu Recording
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2005, 11:42 AM »
I have a Atlantis aw205 underwater camera, the montior have alot of jacks on the back, video in, video out, second camera, I think that is the KEY.  You just need a montior with a video out.  I also use a Mini DV JVC camcorder to record from the video out jack of the montior.  I know my camcorder has a setting to switch from video in/out also.

Offline jp

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2005, 01:37 PM »
does your camcorder have video in or just video out. you need to have the video in to recive video from another camera.

Offline Luffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag up!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2008, 12:25 PM »
So, as long as you have the cable jacks on your fishing cam, you can hook it up to any camcorder in theory, right?

Offline snot rocket

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2008, 09:24 AM »
my sony digital HI-8 has the same single  prong input jack that yours has. it will only record in digital mode so i had to buy a memory stick , put camera in VCR mode and press record...i think :o. i will check it out later.but i'm pretty sure thats how i have to do it.

Snot Rocket
I’VE BEEN TO BOTH POLES…HAVE YOU?

Offline Luffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag up!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2008, 08:53 PM »
All that stuff confuses me   :)

Offline majormaj

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • They just call me Major.
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2008, 09:33 AM »
my sony digital HI-8 has the same single  prong input jack that yours has. it will only record in digital mode so i had to buy a memory stick , put camera in VCR mode and press record...i think :o. i will check it out later.but i'm pretty sure thats how i have to do it.

Snot Rocket

Hey Snot Rocket, I have a sony Hi-8 also and figured out how to record on a tape.  Let me know and I'll pm you the directions if you're interested....or anyone else for that matter!

Offline RebelIceFshr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 21, 2008, 03:48 PM »
Thanks for the input guys, little ice here at present, camera is off to NatureVision for repairs, so I'll have to try recording when it gets back.

Offline rayman54

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 08, 2009, 06:38 PM »
Hey Snot Rocket, I have a sony Hi-8 also and figured out how to record on a tape.  Let me know and I'll pm you the directions if you're interested....or anyone else for that matter!

YES, I'M INTERESTED.
I HAVE A SONY HI-8 ALSO ABOUT FIVE YEARS OLD AND IT HAS NO INPUT, ONLY OUTPUT.
WHAT GIVES?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.