Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Fishing Transportation

Snowmobile for ice fishing only - what to buy?

<< < (2/11) > >>

Alex Delarge:
A lot of different options but in general you may want to look into a long track with some kind of rack on the back. Fan cooled won't overheat as quickly on bare ice as liquid cooled, and fan cooled is lighter. I wouldn't let that discourage you from a good deal on a liquid sled. Depending on the conditions you fish you may want a studded track, that cost a few hundo to have done if not already done.
I do have a 1995 indy classic (488fuji) with 12,000K and yes they are bulletproof when well maintained. Paid $500 5 years ago
I also have a 1991 MX XTC (470 rotax) with 2,400K that I use more often than not for obvious reasons (mileage/longtrack). Paid $600 last year.
With your budget you're probably not gonna find the ultimate fishing machine cause realistically they are $10,000.
Yamaha, Poo Indy, Ski-Doo w/rotax engine. I'd stay away from the cat IMO but look for a clean sled with low miles.

Adkrs:
Check out the thread I posted. Atv vs snowmobile. Was in the same boat as you but I was considering and atv too. I may end up spending more though. Lots of good info

Fisherman 1:

--- Quote from: redneckdan on Dec 07, 2015, 10:13 PM ---Stay away from the skandics, especially in your price range. Trust me on this. That transmission is a ticking time bomb. And God help you if you get that thing stuck.

Mid 90s indy 500.

The poo 488 and doo 503/550 engines are bomber. 15,000 miles on a top end is not unheard of.

--- End quote ---
Hahahaha, and the last thing you'd catch me on is anything Polaris, just like a Ford with heated tailgate

tlzkaasen:

--- Quote from: Adkrs on Dec 08, 2015, 06:13 PM ---Check out the thread I posted. Atv vs snowmobile. Was in the same boat as you but I was considering and atv too. I may end up spending more though. Lots of good info

--- End quote ---

Already have Can-Am 4 wheeler.  Looking to purchase this snowmobile to pull a sled for deep snow.

luv2fish2:
find a 2up polaris trail or sport touring reverse and estart are a  plus as is studded track , should be able to find one in your price good reliable cheap to fix and longevity is very good, just sold one and upgraded to a newer arctic cat bearcat long track good luck

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version